Chapter 36

Jason's pov

"Fine! I don't need you!! I DON'T NEED ANY OF YOU!!" Shit. "You guys can't do this!!" I gasp, turning around. "She'll die out there! And in turn.... I'll die!" "Stop being dramatic, Jason. She'll be fine!" Andy mutters, glaring at me. She shoves him angrily. "You guys lost your humanity. I don't want to be here anyway." She gripes, fists clenched. "Baby wait!" But George grabs my shoulders. "I don't want you to leave." "Too damn bad." She gripes. She suddenly turns invisible and Andy falls backwards, blood coming out of his nose. "YOU BITCH!" He yells, jumping up. We hear a hard whack and he stumbles back. "YOU STUPID BITCH SHOW YOURSELF!! FIGHT ME LIKE A REAL VAMP!!!" She becomes visible, glaring at him. "Honey you may have super strength but that doesn't beat strategy." She turns invisible again as he grabs for her but misses. He stumbles forward as if being pushed. He suddenly pulls out a gun making Jamie, Star, and George scream in shocked surprise. "What're you doing with a gun!?" Jamie cries. Star hides behind her. He suddenly points it at me, completely shocking and terrifying the shit out of me. His nose was bleeding and he was pissed. "Bitch, become visible again and leave or I will shoot him." He wouldn't really shoot me... Would he? "Andy stop. You are acting irrational." George says, starting to walk over. I'm horrified when the gun goes off and burning pain enflamed my shoulder. I scream and stumble back. "SHIT!" Jamie shouts running over. "It burns!! Oh God!!" George tried to get the bullet out. I see her turn visible again. "You're the dangerous one. Not me Andy." She growls, walking out the door. "Babe!" I cry, scared. "Let me go!" I try to get up but the pain in my shoulder is unbearable. "Stay still!" "No I gotta stop her!! She c-can't l-leave." I shakily gasp, feeling lightheaded. I'm suddenly so tired. I can't stay awake.

*Hours later*

I groggily wake up, still sore. "Oh thank goodness!" Jamie says. "J-Jamie... How... How long was I out?" "A few hours. I was so worried." "She could be anywhere." She sighs and hugs me. "There's nothing you can do for her, Jason." The door opened and Andy was shoved in. "You could've handled that situation better." He glares at George annoyed. "I'm tired of playing pacifist and people I care about getting hurt!" He snaps. "You shot him!!" Jamie yelps, standing up. "How could you do that?!" "It was the only way." He says, crossing his arms. "These two need to talk." Jamie and George leave and lock the door. "I can't believe you shot me." I shakily say. "You've got a shitty taste in women." I glare at him. "Why did you shoot me?!" "It was the only thing I could think of to make her leave."

Miranda's pov

I'm beyond furious. I hate them all. I don't know where I'm going to go. I lean against a tree on the edge of the forest. Should I go into the city? But the police? I don't know. Why didn't Jason try to stop Andy. It's like he didn't even care. So why should I? I angrily walk down to the nearest bar. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but for now, I'll just stay here.

*Hours later*

"It's closing time. You don't gotta go home but ya can't stay here." The bartender says. "I don't have a home." I mutter, glaring at the ground. "Sorry but you've got to go." I sigh and reluctantly leave. It was dark so at least I don't have to worry about being easily spotted. I started to get hungry and I'm thinking I don't have to follow their once a week rule. "Hey." A voice breaks through my thoughts. "You seem lost." A guy says walking over. I shrug and glare at him. "So, that ain't your problem." "Can't a guy help a gal?" I'm caught off guard seeing his fangs. He's a vampire. "We've got to stick together." Wrong thing to say to me after being abandoned by my husband and his idiot crew. "How long ya been a vamp?" He asks. "Not long. Forced against my will by someone I thought I loved." I say crossing my arms. "I'm Luca. And you are?" "Miranda." I say, backing up a few steps. "Look dude I'm not interested." He smirks and puts an arm around my shoulders. "I'll let ya in on a little secret. There's a place where us vamps hang out. Blood supply, I'm sure you're hungry." I nod. "No fucking, Kay?" I say, walking with him. He laughs. "You're blunt." "Just not in the mood." I mutter walking with him. We go down a flight of stairs. Holy shit! "The girl!" I gasp running to her. "YOU'RE OKAY!" I say gladly. "Oh h-hi." She was still scared. "How are you? I'm so sorry that he hurt you!" "I'm b-better. Thankfully someone helped get the bullet out before it killed me." "I'm so sorry for what happened to you." I say hugging her. "I'm Fae. Thanks for helping me." She says smiling nervous. Luca walks over with a tray of wine glasses. But I'm sure it isn't wine. Scratch that I B positive. God my inner monologue is lame today. He hands a glass to Fae and one to me.  They were talking between each other but I was nervous. Why does he care about us randos? Or unlike my stupid husband and the rest of them, Luka actually cares about other vampires like he should. After all, we're a minority that could easily be killed. "Thanks for helping me, Luca. I've felt pretty lost." He smiles. "It isn't easy living this life. I like to help when I can." Unlike some people. He hugs me. "You aren't alone anymore." I can't help it. I break down crying. "Hey Hey it's okay." He says touching my cheeks. He shocks me by kissing me. My first instinct is to pull away but for some reason I ignore it. I need something to get my frustrations out and I think Luca can help me.

Jamie's pov

A sudden scream is heard and I race to Jason. He was drenched in sweat. His eyes were red and he was hyperventilating. "Jason! What's wrong?!" I cry, grabbing his shoulders and calming him down with my magic. But it didn't work and I was so confused. "What's wrong?!" "I.... She.... Something... I don't..." He lays down, shaking. "What happened?" I feel like someone just ripped my heart out. What's going on?! What's she doing?! It hurts so bad!!" "What hurts?" I whimper, grabbing his hand which gripped tight to his shirt. It is something to do with the bond.

Jason's pov

My vision darkens. I see a nightclub. The girl I thought Andy killed. Some guy. And my girl. They went to another room. I'm horrified. No. Why would she do this to me?! "Make me forget my horrible miserable life, Luca." She says, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Babe! No please!" I beg. "Of course honey." No. This can't be happening. I shake the image. "She....  She.... I can't believe-" The pain worsens in my chest, making me scream in desperate pain. Andy had to hold me down. "Their bond is breaking!" "N-No! It c-can't then I'll never find h-her!!" I shakily say. Another bout of pain shot through me. "OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!!" A shattering feeling shakes me to the core. My body goes numb. It's completely silent. My bond has been severed. I lost my wife.

Miranda's pov

"You bit me!" I cry, standing up. "Why... Why'd you bite me?!" "What's wrong?" He says walking over, looking worried. "Oh you must not know." He says, confusing me. "Know what?" I whimper, for some reason feeling overwhelmingly sad. "It's perfectly normal for two vamps to bite each other, it's a passion thing." He says grabbing my hand. Why do I feel so strange? "It's n-normal?" He nods. "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking about the fact that you're new to it all. You wouldn't know. I'm sorry." "It's... It's okay." I'm shaky and scared and I don't know why. "Come here." He says, holding out a hand. I shakily grab it and he pulls me into a hug. "I can show you how to be a vampire. I'll teach you everything you need to know." I nod. "Thanks." I say. Why do I feel like crying. He kisses me again. I feel safe again. Like before. "You can bite me if you want. I think you will find it very pleasurable." "I... I'm scared to Luca. I don't want to hurt you." He smiles. "You won't hurt me." I nervously bite him back and it was pretty great. But as soon as I stopped, I felt a strange pressure in my head. "What's wrong?! Are you alright?!" He gasps. I lose my footing. He keeps me from hitting the ground. A silent scream goes off in my head. "What w-was that?!" I whimper, sobbing in his arms. "Shhhh shh it's okay. You're not ready for that kind of emotional contact. I understand." He says, rubbing my back. "Let's go back home. You need to rest." We suddenly are in a house. "W-Where... How'd w-we-" "My ability is teleportation. You're going to be fine." Luca is a good man.