Chapter 29

Jason's pov

"Jason... Jason wake up." I groggily open my eyes exhausted. Where am I? The pitch black darkness slowly edged away and to my shock I saw my mother. "Mom! I'm so sorry, mom! I didn't want to hurt you! They made me!" I gasp beggingly falling to my knees. "I forgive you." She says, kneeling beside me. I'm shocked. "Y-You do?" "Of course I do. I love you son." "B-But dad..." I stumbled on my words, breaking down. "I love you, mom." I shakily say, hugging her. "I love you too. I know it's hard and confusing but you're going to be okay." I hate myself. I killed my parents. "You need to wake up now." My eyes go wide. "W-What? Wake up? No way! There's no telling who else I'll end up hurting. I can't take that chance." She puts her hands on my shoulders. "You have to. What about Miranda?" She'd be dead too. She'd be free. I can set her free from this hellish life. "I don't want to wake up mom." I shakily whisper. "I want us to be free." She sits sadly. "It's not your time." What? "What do you mean?" I cry as she stands up. "I love you, Jason. You will always be my son, by birth or no." Slowly it starts to snow. It gets so snowy, I can't see her. I scream for her, wishing I had he back. Wishing I was just a ten year old, worrying about not failing school! I hate my life!

*He wakes up*

"Oh thank goodness." The first thing I see is my condemned vampire queen. "I was so worried." She says, holding my hand. I'm so scared to be around her. To be around any of them. I'll just end up killing someone I care about. George walks in with a smile. "Glad to see you up." I'm not. "I've got to tell you. I really was worried you wouldn't recover." "I wish I didn't." I mutter, glaring at the ground. "Why would you say that?" Miranda gasps. "I'm dangerous! I killed my parents!" "You can't go rogue anymore. Miranda drove it out." George says, cleaning his glasses. I stare at her shocked. "Y-You did? How?" "I.... A sword. I was... Gonna kill myself to save you but you ran into it instead. I don't remember what happened after. We both fell unconscious pretty quickly." She says, smiling worried. "I was... Was scared... Of hurting you... L-Like... Like mom and d-dad." "You don't have to be afraid anymore, Jason. You're free!" I don't know why that makes me feel so much better for some reason. I hug her tight. "You're the greatest thing that's ever happened to me." I whisper, fighting back crying. I hear a high pitched scream. I laugh slightly seeing Star in the doorway, jumping up and down excited. "Jamie, Andy!! Jason's awake!" The trio quickly enters the room. "Hey guys." "Group hug!" Star shouts, making Andy laugh. "Great to have ya back brother." He says, lightly punching my shoulder. I smile. "It's great to be back." I kiss my beloved. "I'll love you til I die."