Chapter 31

Jason's pov

I nervously tell George what I saw. "Well I can't verify. I don't know enough about your parents to agree or disagree." He says. "Ya think it's a good idea to talk to them." "I mean... What can it hurt?" I don't know. "I'm so nervous." "Hey just call me if ya need rescuing." Andy says, smiling while laying on the couch. I smile too. "Thanks." I head to my parents' place. "Hey mom.... Dad?" I worriedly open the door. "What a nice surprise." Mom says, smiling, sitting on a couch and watching TV. "I uh yeah.... Uh where's dad? I need to talk to you both?" "He's out feeding. He should be back soon." Just then he walks through the door and is caught off guard seeing me. "What's going on?" My mom laughs. "He said he wants to talk to us." Man my own parents are complete strangers to me. I hate it. "I remember the first five years of my life." I shakily say. "I.... I had a dream last night. What.... What happened to you? You weren't like this back then." "After the humans attacked and almost killed us, we did what we had to do to survive." Dad gripes sounding annoyed. "Which was?" "The raw power the darkness provides gave us the strength to fight them off. Before, your mother was too nice." Too nice? I glance at her and remember my dream again. God I'd give anything to have them back. The way they were when I was five. "You don't have to live like that anymore. You can come with me.... We can be a family again." "No we can't." "Yes you can. I know how to cure the darkness and you don't need it to survive anymore. Not with the way things are now." I hear Andy's voice in my head asking how it's going. I think back to him, "We're talking." Mom stands up off the couch. "We can't. Your friends don't like us." "If you aren't dark anymore they will." They're both reluctant. "We'll give it a try but if we don't like it, we're going back." I smile gladly. "You won't regret this dad!"