Chapter 19

Jason's pov

I groggily wake up, exhausted still. "Miranda?" I mumble, my vision all flashy. I strugglingly sit up and am in some bed that is not my own. The door opens. "You're finally awake!" She gasps, cheerily, making me think of Star. Man I always got so annoyed with her overly happy energetic attitude, now I'd kill for it. "Please! Let me go home! I'm begging. I want to be with my family." I beg, hating that I have to beg but she's too powerful for me on my own, especially slowly weakening like this. She smiles. "Don't worry. You'll be well taken care of here." "I don't want to be here!" "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU WANT!" Her voice gives me such a headache. I lay back down, my head pulsating with pain. I grit my teeth, clenching my fists. My mind screaming at me to get the fuck up but my body is too drained. Dasterdly witch! "You'll learn to love it here." I glare at her. "And you'll learn not to piss off a vampire like me." I growl, furious. She just laughs and walks out. A groan escapes me as I fall unconscious again. 

Miranda's pov

"We have to save him!!!" I yell frustrated. "We can't do anything til George gets back!" Andy shouts back. "And why do you have to wait for him?!" Jamie is crying. Star is also crying with Raven comforting her as much as possible. "The more we wait the less of a chance he has. I am not waiting for him! Who knows when he'll be back!" "We don't know where Jason is! How are we gonna find him?!" Tyrrell says sighing. "We do it the old fashioned way. Tracking." "Tracking?" I nod. They stare at me perplexed. Andy rolls his eyes, not believing in my talent. "Haven't you guys ever hunted before?" I ask smiling. They exchange looks. They hunt humans everyday But Jason doesn't have a heartbeat. It'll be harder. But I can do it. I will not give up. "I'll find him." I whisper walking to the door. "You can't go out there." Andy shouts. "Jason doesn't want you of all people to go after him!" Julie says, putting a hand on my shoulder. My heart beats faster when I feel calm... And tired. I pull free, anger rushing through me. Anger at her trying to change my moods. Anger at his supposed family abandoning him in his time of need. I will never abandon him!  "You people should be ashamed. You're supposed to be his family." "We are but-" "But nothing, Andy! You're his best friend! The hell with y'all! I'll find him. Even if I have to do it myself." "You are no match for a witch! You're still a fledgling." I glare at them. "Well I've got the power of invisibility on my side." I say, smiling. I grab a pair of gloves and a sword off the wall. They all gasp and back up. It's silver. "Silver kills witches too? Right?" Andy nods. "But you've got to strike them exactly in the heart." "Well this witch bitch is going down." 

*later*

Jason's pov

I wake up and the woman was sitting in a chair. "Are you going to accept your fate?" I glare at her enraged. "I've already accepted one fate that before I became one I never knew existed. No way am I giving in to some high and mighty prissy witch. I've got a girl that means the world to me. She already lost me once when I was taken away, please don't make her lose me again!" The door opens but nobody is there! "More witchcraft?" I gripe annoyed. She stands up cautiously, making me think this is the work of something else. "What is this? Who is there? Show yourself!" She says. "Fine bitch." Oh no. Oh God no! She reappears, furious. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE??!" I'm gonna kick Andy's ass!!

Miranda's pov

Finally. "Thank goodness you taught me tracking skill before you left, huh?" He stares at me. A mixture of emotions. Shock. Fear, Worry, Proudness. But also weakness. He's weakened by this stupid witch. "Please... Leave." He says. I shake my head and withdraw the sword. "I'm not losing you again, Jason." "You think a fledgling could beat me?!" The woman says laughing. "Stop calling me that!!" I yell angrily. She continues to laugh only fueling my rage. "Buckle up buttercup. You just flipped my bitch switch." I whisper growl, tightening my grip and running at her screaming in rage.

*one long fight later*

I was thrown to the ground. She picked up the sword. "So you were going to kill me with this?" She asks, pointing the blade at me. I shrink back  when the blade is inches from my nose. "Don't.... Hurt her!" He begs weakly. 

Jason's pov

She quickly spins the blade on me! "Agree to be my slave and I'll let her go!" From behind I see Miranda go invisible. "Never." She laughs. "You claim to love this girl-" "I do!" "But you won't give yourself up to save her? That doesn't sound like love!" I smile. "You forget, my girl may be a fledgling vampire but she was a country girl before and she's a country girl after." She smiles. "Suit yourself." She spun around, but froze when she was invisible. "Show yourself you coward!" "Being invisible doesn't make me a coward. I'm going to kill you." Her voice comes from above. But where?  "It's called using stealth to beat my opponent!" Now her voice is coming from a corner of the room. She's doing this to disorient her. My girl is amazing. "Ever been hunting, bitch? Letting the deer see you, means you lose. I'm just smart like this." Wow. Suddenly the witch screams and Miranda reappears, holding a sword that slammed through the witch's chest. She's obviously shocked. But as soon as the witch collapses dead, my strength and powers return. "You're awesome!" I gasp wide eyed. "You okay?" I move my hair. "Is the blue circle gone?" She nods. I stare at her in shock. "How on earth did you do that?" "People do anything for the person they love." She whispers. "I told Andy to keep an eye on you!" She laughs softly. Her voice sounds amazing to my pounding head. Then she turns serious. "I lost you once I won't do it again." She says, her dark angry eyes and deep serious tone surprising me. I hug her. We get back to the house. Everyone looks shocked then cheers. "How in the hell?" Andy gapes shocked. I smile and hug her. "She's my Lil asskicker." Jamie hugs me crying. "Where the hell is George?" I ask. "I dunno. Haven't seen him all day." I don't know why I'm worried. George can handle himself. But I've just got a bad feeling. I shrug it off. "Do vampires get married?" My girl asks, making my eyes go wide. Everybody falls silent. "Yeah. It's a very sacred ceremony though. Are you sure about this?" Jamie asks. "More than anything in my whole life." She whispers, wrapping her arms around my neck with a big smile. Wow. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too." "Wait guys. This is serious." Andy says, staring at us wide eyed. "This is like a mates for life thing. Once a vamp gets married to another vamp, you can't undo it." I wouldn't want to. "What's the big deal? I love her. I want to marry her! Why is it so-" "You have to bite her." He says, shocking me.