Chapter 26

Miranda's pov

I track him to an old cabin that for some reason feels familiar. I open the door and whisper his name. Silence. I see him sleeping on the couch. He's sweaty and looking so peaceful. I sit beside him and place my hand on his forehead. His eyes flash open. Terror fills me. Because they're not the sparkling emerald I know. They're blood red. But his hair is normal color. What's going on? He blinks and shakes his head. His eyes are back to normal color. "How did you-" I stop him from talking with a soft kiss. He relaxes on the couch. "Oh Jason! I missed you so much." I whimper, wrapping my arms around him. More tears fill my eyes when he doesn't hug me back. "I'm sorry. But... You have to leave." "No I won't leave!" He stands up, shakily, backing away from me. "Then I'll have to leave. I can't be near you! I could hurt you!" "It's a risk I'm willing to take! We want you to come back! All of us. Even George." He shakes his head, tears in his eyes. "I made a vow... Never to go back there again. I'm not gonna hurt you.... Or them. I'm sorry." I grab his hand before he can bolt. "I lost you once I'm not gonna lose you again!" I wail. He pulls free. "I'm sorry... You're going to have to." "Never. If you go, I'll kill myself." His eyes go wide. "No!" "What'd I tell you a while ago? I'd rather die than lose you and I meant it." The sun is rising. "I'll walk out there and stand in direct if you leave me again." "But... B-But.." "Please Jason." I beg in tears. "I love you." I fall to my knees and cry into my hands. "I love you, Jason." I feel arms wrap around me. I look up into the handsome green eyes of the man I love. "I love you too." He whispers, kissing me gently. He helps me stand back up and wipes the tears from my eyes. "Please don't leave me, Jay. Not again." I say, gripping his shirt. He looks sad but smiles. "I won't leave again, princess." I hear whispered in my head, making me gasp. "You turned communication back on!" "I... Um I heard you... When you called me. I just didn't reply." "Why?" "I was scared." He finally says that out loud. "I didn't want you to find me and get hurt." He looks away. I pull him back to me. "I'd walk through fire to get to you." I whisper, kissing him.