The Candy shop

Sixteen-year-old Gammy used to remember a certain day over and over again. That certain day, his age was eight-year-old. One afternoon, he goes to buy some candies with his younger brother. It was a normal day but hotter than other days. The road was very quiet and there were no signs of any passers-by, the voices of cicadas were in rhythm as they were singing a song to match with gammy's humming. He was wearing a new cap to protect himself from the heat. Within a walk of 25 meters, He reaches the shop but there was a 'closed' sign hanging on the door. He felt bad at the imagination of his younger brother's disappointed face. As he contemplates what he should do, his hat flies off and stops in front of a narrow street between two old buildings. When he lifts his hat back, he sees another candy shop across the narrow street. He was not aware of any other candy shop. Very carefully, they both cross the street and opens the door of the shop, he was amazed to see the variety of candies he had never seen before. The shop was looking so new as if it had been built there yesterday. The variety of numbers makes it difficult for gammy to choose, he looked confused. To help Gammy, the old and fat shop owner with a clowny smile on his face comes forward and tells him that he can eat all the sweets of his choice little by little and choose from flavours. The old man was stretching his mouth whenever he speaks and each time his jaw almost touching his neck. The whole time, He was standing behind the gammy and staring at his back. At the opening of his mouth with a creepy eerie sound, he tells gammy that he likes small boys verrrry much who loves eating candies and he waits for them every day but small kids come to his shop occasionally and it makes him sad." On this Gammy answers that he will tell his friends about this shop and ask them to come here. By following his advice, gammy decides on four flavours and goes to pay at the counter but the owner was absent from his seat. While he was taking money out of his pocket, one of the coins slips from his hand and goes under the counter. As He was leaning down to pick up the coin, a sharp noise of metal and a little scream cuts each other but to his surprise, there was nothing behind him except a tin jar that fell off the shelf. He feels the absence of something but couldn't pinpoint that 'something'. When he turns back to the counter, the fatty owner was again staring at him with a clowny smile. Gammy extends his hand to pay him money, but he refuses to take it and says he has taken what he wanted. On the way home, he felt a pain in his heart as if he left something very precious and deary behind in the shop but he couldn't remember it. Sometimes he would see a glimpse of a little boy who would call him big brother and he would feel love, guilt and pain altogether. Shockingly, his brain always refuses to accept the existence of any sibling.

End...