Eyes

Nooram was 24 years old and just landed herself a job at AL Hamadi specialized hospital as a nurse after completing her studies. It was always her dream to become a nurse and take care of sick. One day she was assigned on duty as a home nurse. She gets ready by properly tucking her hijab before going out to visit Mr.Hasad Masood. He was a middle-aged man. She was informed that he lives alone because his wife and he had been separated a few years ago. She rang the doorbell of the house but no one came as expected. She excused herself inside but the whole house was stinking with smell. Which was obviously coming from the pile of trash and clothes scattered in every corner of the house. Not getting any answer by calling his name, she found him in his room sleeping. Instead of disturbing him, she began her work by first picking up the things to put back them at their place. She bend down on her knees to find a blanket crumbled under the bed. As she was about to rise up again, she nearly had a heart attack when she noticed Mr. Hasad creepily staring at her. feeling awkward, she took the exit out of the room to start cleaning. However, Nooram was having a terrible time since the kitchen was infested with ants. She was astounded to discover cubbords filled with huge stocks of sugar. Mr. Hasad might have been consuming sugar despite his illness. After finishing the work, it was time to change Mr. Hasad bandages. She attempts to strike up a conversation at first, but he does not respond, as if he is in a trance. His condition had rendered him quite frail, and he appeared to have had his life sucked out of him. When she removed the first bandage, she observed that the wound was much different. She touched the flesh, and an eye popped out on the skin. In terror, she flinched to back. She couldn't speak properly and stuttered for a moment. But when she take a look again at the infected area it was same as a wound should look like. It makes her doubt her sanity. And this way her duty ended and she returned home. 

Thinking back of the day, Nooram feels quite tired and so before going to bed, she adds more sugar to her coffee than her normal scoop. She was reading a book on her religious beliefs, but she felt itching on her back and thigh. Soon she fell asleep and dreams about a man whose shadowy figure was standing near her bed pointing his finger at her and muttering some words which she could not understand. She tries to wake up from this nightmare but her body was not in her brain's control. The next morning, while having a shower, she found a little scratch on her thigh. She put on a bandage and sat down to eat her breakfast. While making her coffee and she was adding  scoop of sugar one after another until the cup was not overflowing with sugar. but without being caring, she gulped down the whole cup. and then goes to work. The whole day she was continuously itching sometimes on her back and sometime on her thigh. Nooram goes to Hasad's house to meet him during her lunch break since she was assured that the man she saw last night was indeed him. When she arrived, an ambulance was waiting outside his house, and medical personnel were carrying his corpse in a bag. After coming back from work the first thing she did was removing her bandage and the next scene what she witnesses was a horror one. An eye had sprung out on her thigh and was straight looking at her. She was astonished, confused and terrified, so she raced to the bathroom to fetch some ointments, but what happened next was even more horrifying. Suddenly she gets an uneasy feeling and, with shaky hands, she turns to the mirror and removes her clothing. There were hundreds of eyeballs on her back, twitching and were pinch black. Who were growing in size by the second.

End.......