Boggart

While her husband Felix was busy catering to other guests, Emelia was looking at the faces of those arriving through the door. Then she saw her best friend Ela approaching her with a gift box in her hand. Emelia tries to hug her but she dodges her while showing her a bitter smile. Seeing that trio together, the party atmosphere gets cold and everyone starts to whisper. Emelia and Felix say good-by to their guests late at night. They were both exhausted, but Emelia wanted to check on Ela's present before going to bed. When she uncovers the box, she eventually finds a wind chime with ancient inscriptions on its clappers. She likes it very much as she knows that Ela must have given this to her as a blessing for their unborn child. Emelia hangs it at the doorway of their bedroom. While laying down on the bed, she tells Felix that whenever she sees Ela, she always feels apologetic to her as Felix was Ela's boyfriend before and they had cheated on her. But now she is very happy that at last Ela has forgiven them. To which Felix doesn't say anything but instead smiles. 6 months had passed and Emelia was being taken to the hospital. Outside the labor room, Felix waits anxiously for his wife and newborn kid. Emelia regains consciousness after 3 hours of complicated surgery. Opening her eyes, the first thing she wants to see was her child. Felix tells her that it was a boy but she could not see him right now. Emelia was puzzled as to why she can't meet her baby. After so much pleading, finally, she was taken to the newborn ward. Felix could not find the courage to go near the cradle. He was disappointingly looking at the floor. She picks the baby carefully covered in the blanket. Uncovering the baby's face results in a  huge shock for her fragile condition as the baby was nowhere normal. She fainted there. Time keeps on passing and now the child was 5 years old. They gave him the name 'Boggart', which was very much suitable for his appearance. Grey wrinkled skin without an ounce of hair and two big yellow eyes on his skinny body would sparkle even in the pitch dark. He can't speak but he has sharp saw-like teeth. He makes a sharp pinch noise and would continue until Emelia doesn't feed him his food, which would be mostly wild boars or deer. It was Felix's job to hunt animals from the woods. Instead of love, the couple would feel horror. There were many times when she would find herself being choked by his hands. No can stay in their right mind if they have to endure the painful cries of a person whose throat is being slit by a beast right in front of their eyes, not for hunger but rather for amusement. And they were witnessing this sight every day under the fear of being next. They would lock their room at night in the hopes that this would keep him out, but they had no idea that he lives in their closet. Felix and Emelia's health were worsening, and they were finding it difficult to cope with their dire situation. Emelia comes upon a pregnancy book one day, and in each shot, they are both smiling and seeming quite happy to welcome their baby into the world. But in present, instead of happiness, there is disgust on their faces.

The rays of sunset streaming through the window compel Felix to open his eyes. Emelia was nowhere near him. However, he discovers a note written in her handwriting stating that she is the one who gave birth to Boggart and she would be the one who is gonna kill him too.  She's going to release gas throughout the home. And in the meantime Boggart eats her. He must create an explosion before fleeing this place. and the letter ends with this. He looks around for her and smells the gas which was making him nauseous but then he notices a stream of blood near his feet. His heart sunk at that point. Boggart had mutilated her body to the point that she couldn't even be recognized. As he pouches on Boggart in anger, a big explosion occurs. Except for the wind chime that was still hanging, no one survives the fire. But the names on the curse exchange their place with Ela's after all ancient curses come back to its caster. 

End.......