Forgetfulness

Husband came in looking fatigued and left the door open. Wife pokes her head through the kitchen door, brandishing the knife, and yells angrily, "You left the door open again!!" Husband shut the door and went straight to the restroom. After it, the pair sat down to have dinner. and in the middle of it, his wife hands him an envelope. Husband sets his fork down and opens it. "What is this?" Her husband inquires. "They are divorce papers, sign on them so that my lawyer can move on with all legal proceedings," she adds after taking a huge mouthful and gulping it down.  Husband gives her a puzzled look and asks again, "But why?" Why do you want a divorce from me? When everything is going well between us..." "You don't know why? " Wife bangs her fork on the table with such force that the entire table shakes. "Then I'll tell you... your habit of forgetting things is taking a toll on my health. You forget to close doors and turn off the television, and these are only minor ones. You nearly burnt down our house last week after putting fish on gas. Do you have any idea what would have occurred if I hadn't arrived on time? Everyday I worries what you are gonna forget next. That's why I can't stay any longer with you. Tomorrow, I'm leaving this house..." Husband was stunned and couldn't think of any words to refute her wife's decision. Wife finishes her meal and leaves him alone. They both fell asleep after that. Wife awakens to the sound of her alarm clock at five in the morning. She had already packed her things, and all that remained were her shoes, which were in the storehouse. Before that, she writes him a note and goes to take a shower, when she discovers the tap running, which is clearly her husband's fault. It fuels her anger towards him even more. She rushes to the storehouse to grab her shoes. The store house had all kinds of things from broken furniture to gardening tools. It took some time, but she eventually found the shoes behind the closet. Without wasting time, she pulled the shoes in one jerk, creating an imbalance between the things and causing them to fall one by one. In her effort to flee, she becomes entangled in a wire and falls to the ground, and with it, a fork shovel falls on her, almost ripping her chest but stopping barely before contacting the heart veins, and along with it, a mirror breaks into little pieces, landing upon her face and burrowing deep into her jaw. She was in excruciating pain, but she couldn't take the shovel out fearing it would pierce her heart. Soon after, the sun appeared in the sky, giving her hope that his husband would come seeking for her. She waits and waits but there was no noise of anyone coming her direction. She had lost so much blood up to this point that her limbs were numb and freezing. Her eyes continue to close until she hears something. She turns her head to the side and notices a centipede approaching her. In her terror, she attempts to scare it away by flailing her hands, but it kept coming, and suddenly it appears near her ear. 

 With all her might, she tries to get the sound out of her throat to call her husband but before that the centipede entered her ear and, with a searing pain, an image of static noises being played on television screen flashes in front of her eyes. Two days later, Husband remembers about opening the letter wrote by her wife. In it, she has clearly reminded him to clean the store house. He goes to the store house with a broom and duster. As he opened the door, there was her wife sprawled on the ground with a swarm of worms and centipedes going and coming out of her nose, ears, and mouth.

End.....