4

Although he looked like he was unconscious, Hua Cheng could hear everything that everyone was speaking about, his condition, Dianxia's worries, and the explanation from someone called Noah. He wanted so badly to get up and not make Dianxia worried about him, but his body felt heavy, and he could feel that the darkness slowly engulfed him every time he tried to move. Until he saw that tiny glow of light in front of him. 

Hua Cheng tried to reach that light but his body was heavy, and something was dragging him back two steps every time he took a step forward. And yet he would not give up. He forced himself to reach the light with all his might, and at last, after what seemed like a very long time, he finally, finally could touch the glowing light, and it suddenly bathed him in its warm glow. 

Hua Cheng felt like he was back inside his mother's womb, so soft and warm, and he felt… loved. And he knew that everything was going to be alright.

"I think it's working." He Xuan looked at Hua Cheng, whose complexion became better and better with the passing time. Xie Lian moved closer to look at him better, he was itching to touch him, but he knew that he had to wait until he woke up by himself. So, he did the only things he could, clutching the ring box in his hands tight. After this all over, he would propose to Hua Cheng and he would not let him go away from him again, and maybe they could live peacefully in a deserted island somewhere out there. Just the two of them.

Noah observed the rune and he noticed that the glow was getting brighter, a good sign, really. So he signaled everyone to back off, then he told Xie Lian to cast another force field around Hua Cheng to prevent if there should be any unexpected surprise.

Then all they could do now was wait.

Wei Wuxian closed her eyes and rested her head on Lan Wangji's shoulder when she suddenly jolted up, making Lan Wangji surprised. Right after they entered Yuwen International headquarters, she automatically connected to their main hub, and with it, the parameter alarm and security feed. There were supposed to be no one else besides them at this time of the night. The building was fully equipped with Artificial Intelligence, thus, no need for humans at all. And yet, Wei Wuxian detected movements inside the building, and it was definitely not from any Artificial Intelligence androids.

"We have intruders. At least a dozen." Wei Wuxian informed Lan Wangji and He Xuan. "Apparently they have the access code, since no alarms were triggered. Are they your people, Xuanxuan?"

He Xuan quickly checked the security feed from his tab, and judging by the costume they wore, they were not the employees. They all wore all black costumes with kevlar and full gas masks, and they were armed to the nines.

"No, I guess we do have intruders, and spies." He Xuan sighed. These were almost daily routines for him, although they usually did not bring this kind of heavy artillery. "Guess we should exercise for a bit. What do you think?" He looked at Wei Wuxian, who was already cracking her knuckles in excitement.

"I'm on it, Lan Zhan, you stay here with Xie Lian. Me and Xuanxuan will greet our guests." She kissed Lan Wangji's forehead, while the latter rolled his eyes. He knew that Wei Wuxian was bored out of her skull and this was a perfect reason to do some exercise like she said. 

"You do realize that I'm not some kind of Princess who needs to be protected, right?" Lan Wangji grabbed Wei Wuxian's waist and pulled her closer. "I can fight as well as you do." He whispered in Wei Wuxian's ear. 

"Ugh, fine, the more the merrier." Wei Wuxian pushed Lan Wangji away because his smell made her dizzy with needs, and it was not the right time or place to jump him. "Feng Xin, Mu Qing, you guys take care of everything here, okay?" Wei Wuxian winked at them. "Suit up, Xuanxuan, we're going to test my… I mean, your new suit."