71

"Tenten, get ready." Feng Yue called Benzaiten and when she appeared, the chimeras attacked them simultaneously. Feng Yue used her whip and took out a bunch of the ugly looking beasts while Noah used his guns and so did Qi Rong.

"We need to get out of this place." Noah grabbed Feng Yue's waist and he dashed out carrying her like a sack of potatoes with Qi Rong followed closely behind them. 

"Tenten, destroy them!" Feng Yue gave Benzaiten the command as she was being carried away.

"Don't worry about me, this is a child's play." Benzaiten returned to her human's form and she cast a spell of water and every one of the chimeras suddenly had a water sphere in their heads. They tried to shake it but they failed and the water suffocated them as a result, and Benzaiten smirked, satisfied with her handiwork before she went outside to follow Noah, Feng Yue and Qi Rong.

"You do know that she could kill all of the beasts inside and level down the place without so much as a drop of sweat, right?" Qi Rong was amused by the overprotectiveness of the scary man toward Morrigan. Hell, he was scared of Morrigan, but this man exuded an aura that's even more scarier than the Goddess of War herself.

"You don't have the right to judge me however it is I want to treat my wife." Noah answered without losing any breath while they were still running toward the direction of the others, while Morrigan made heart eyes toward him. 

Qi Rong only shrugged as he followed them. Newlyweds. 

Then he thought of his son. Please be safe, son.

Outside the haunted house, there were also hordes of chimeras that were easily killed by Noah and Feng Yue.

"We need to go to my parents and regroup." Feng Yue tracked the whereabouts of Wei Wuxian, and then she grabbed Noah's hand. "This way."

Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, Feng Xue, He Xuan and Na'Lan Jian easily obliterated the chimeras, including the one that used to be Meng Airan. Wei Wuxian killed her without any effort at all with her scythe.

"This is all child's play." She turned her scythe around and killed a couple of approaching chimera, while talking to Na'Lan Jian and Lan Wangji. Feng Xue was busy testing his new weapon at the chimeras, and He Xuan finished the missed ones.

"I know right." Na'Lan Jian tsk-tsking. Her familiar easily took care of the chimeras with his thunder.

"I think those are just trial products, seeing that they weren't really making any effort to design the chimeras in better forms." Lan Wangji was poking at one of the chimeras near him. "Can you bring one of those back? I want to do some research on it."

"I was thinking the same babe." Wei Wuxian took one of the chimera's bodies and put it in her abyss, when Noah and Feng Yue came together with Qi Rong. She raised her brow in question.

"Wei Wuxian." Qi Rong moved closer to her then he dropped to his knees. "I beg you, please save my son."

They all went to the place where the illegal underground fights were held, and entered the office. It was closed for a while now so there were only eleven of them there.

Wei Wuxian took a seat behind the desk while the others scattered around the area to look for snacks and observe Qi Rong. 

"So? Tell me why are you here in one minute, or I'll blast open your skull for removing my soul to Mo Xuanyu's body, among other things you've done."

"Ooh, so savage, I love her." Na'Lan Jian whispered to her son.

"First, I've never wanted to do everything that I did to you, or to anyone else." Qi Rong quickly started to speak. "If the King did not take my son, I wouldn't even be here, talking to you, or even involved in… all this shitty stuff." He took a deep breath and covered his face. "Please help my son, Wei Wuxian, you're the only one I could turn to for help."

"And how would I know if whatever you said is true? Not just some kind of a scheme to drag me further down, or maybe to trap me again and extract my soul… again?" Wei Wuxian tapped the desk with her fingers.

"I don't even know how to extract your soul if I didn't use the premade array I have been given by Shi Wudu." Qi Rong spoke in an obvious frustration, which confirmed Wei Wuxian's suspicions from back when she saw the video.

"Shi Wudu could make a premade array?" Wei Wuxian looked at Xie Lian, who looked as flabbergasted as herself. "That was… surprising. I didn't know that Shi Wudu is that powerful." 

"What's a premade array?" Shen Qingqiu asked Wei Wuxian.

"Premade array is made by infusing the maker's power into an object, usually some kind of a talisman or a paper doll as a representation of themselves, and it would last longer the more powerful the caster is. To cross an ocean and still get the spell intact? That took some mojo, and the Shi Wudu that I know, didn't have that kind of power." She looked at Xie Lian, who nodded.

"It's… baffling." Xie Lian added. "But I guess, maybe Shi Wudu has been hiding his true power after all." He looked at Wei Wuxian. "Should we go and see him now?"

"Who's that man? Who's Shi Wudu?" Noah whispered the question to Feng Yue, who opened her laptop and accessed something in it.

"He's Qi Rong, my father's lackey. Although he did it because his son was apparently kidnapped by my father. Shi Wudu is the name of my father, unfortunately."

"Hmm, I vaguely remember ever hearing of that name." Noah wasn't really following the news since he was ever so busy with hunting demons and monsters. It was not his cup of tea to know about human's fucked up affair, where people killing people for their own gains. Monsters were more straightforward. 

"Mm, you should. He's the current Monarch of that Mysterious Kingdom that refused to be interviewed. Ever." Feng Yue couldn't help but smile. This was so Noah.

"Current Monarch… wait, are you saying that you're a Princess?" Now it's time for Noah to be surprised. He didn't know that Feng Yue had a connection to the Mysterious Kingdom, but now that he thought about it…

"No, I'm not. Shi Qingxuan is the Princess, me and my brother are just hidden pawns of his, that he used to do his dirty bidding and are easily thrown away when we're past our uselessness." Noah could hear some kind of resignation in her voice and it made his heart clenched in sadness and more love that he could ever have thought he had, so he hugged Feng Yue from behind and kissed her neck tenderly.

"You have me now, baby, and I will never, ever make you feel anything less than loved, for every day for the rest of your life, I swear."

"Mm, you do realize that it would take forever, right?" Feng Yue turned around and kissed him back. 

"I know. And I'm glad that we're going to be together. Forever."