28

Lan Wangji was sitting in the coffee shop near the building where he was going to give the lecture and sipping his tea while reviewing the material he was going to give lecture with, when a shadow dropped in front of him. He lifted his head to see an unfamiliar woman standing in front of him with a big smile and rather inappropriate dress for a lecturer or student. Some of the male guests there looked at her and wolf-whistled, while she acted coy.

"Lan Wangji, remember me? I'm Fiona Chang, we were attending Harvard at the same time? I'm the representative for the Chinese students there." She casually took out the chair and sat in front of Lan Wangji. "It's a surprise to see you here! I heard that you're going to give a lecture on Criminal Psych 101? I always knew that you're very smart, haha." She drank her coffee, not realizing that Lan Wangji did not give any response. "I want to give you my condolences, I heard that your fiance passed away a few months back."

"Thank you." Lan Wangji replied politely. He still hadn't had a slightest idea about who this woman was, and why she acted so friendly toward him.

"So, since we're old friends in a foreign country, do you want to have dinner later? I know a good place near here that makes authentic Chinese food. How long do you plan to stay here?" She moved her body forward and put her arms underneath her impressive breasts to bulge them out more, making them almost popped out of the dress. One of the incoming male students almost crashed to the wall when he saw that.

Thankfully before Lan Wangji could decline, he was hugged and kissed from behind, and the familiar scent of sweetpea and citrus wafted around him.

"Baby, sorry I'm late. You want to have lunch now?" Wei Wuxian took a seat beside him and kissed his cheek. She saw the woman was trying to seduce Lan Wangji, and she could see how uncomfortable he was, so she did that on purpose. "Oh, is this your friend?" She finally paid attention to the woman. She looked a little bit too glamorous to be a student, or a teacher, with her tight dress and she was obviously braless, at this time of the day? Her slutty heels, her full makeup, Wei Wuxian could easily guess that she's here to manhunt, not to attend any lecture or teach one. She guessed that somehow the woman knew that Lan Wangji was going to give a lecture here, so she came to catch the shark. Too bad.

"I'm Fiona Chang, an old friend of Lan Wangji from his Harvard days. And you are…?" She looked at Wei Wuxian's clothes in distaste. Wei Wuxian was wearing her usual oversized jeans, white shirt, beige trench coat and beige shoes. Very casual. And she wondered why the woman seemed so close to Lan Wangji, the Ice Prince who didn't like to be touched by anyone.

"I'm his wife." Wei Wuxian grinned widely. She could see the surprise in the woman's eyes, and the way she gripped her coffee cup tighter. Ooh she was pissed alright.

"Oh? I thought his fiance had just passed away?" Fiona gritted her teeth, trying to hold back her frustration. She planned to bag Lan Wangji, and she had a plan. He was grieving from the death of his fiance, so she could be the one who comforted him and then love would bloom amidst the familiarity of someone who was always there for him. That's why she came here so early in the morning only to catch his attention, but this… mongrel, came out of nowhere and said that she's his wife? Unbelievable.

"Yeah, well, we met soon after that. We're very old friends, you know, and somehow the sparks were there, and voila!" Wei Wuxian showed Fiona her ring, and it made her eyes almost bulge out of its socket. It was supposed to be hers!

Lan Wangji held back his smile. He knew exactly what Wei Wuxian was doing, and frankly he was glad that she came at the right time. He did not remember this woman, and judging by her clothes, she was not a student, nor a lecturer here. So the only conclusion left was that she purposely looked for him, and tried to get close to him. 

Too bad. 

"Old friends? Were you a Harvard student too?" Fiona did not remember her. The so-called wife was very beautiful, she admitted that, but what good was the outer beauty without a brain to match? After all, Lan Wangji was a scholar, and a chaebol too. He was like every girl's dreams came true.

"No, I don't go to college. We've known each other since a long time ago, right Lan Zhan? And we lost contact for a while, but after his fiance died, I offered my condolences and here we are." Wei Wuxian kissed Lan Wangji softly, but her eyes betrayed the tenderness. She had that naughty gleam on them and Lan Wangji sighed.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but we need to go now." Lan Wangji politely nodded to Fiona, and held Wei Wuxian's waist then guided her outside.

"You did that on purpose." Wei Wuxian was sulking when they were outside.

"Yes." Lan Wangji kissed her nose. "Because I know what you would do, given enough time."

"You're no fun, Lan Zhan. But anyway, let's have lunch first before your lecture." Wei Wuxian snuggled into Lan Wangji's embrace. "I came here to attend your lecture, you know."

"I know." 

They had been together for a very long time, but his heart always did the somersault every time she was near. There was no other word that could explain that, except that he loved her, and he always had been, forever.

As they walked out together hand in hand, there was a dark shadow looming over Fiona Chang, who was pissed because her plan didn't pan out as she imagined. The next thing that happened was the shadow entered her, and it seemed to emphasize her hatred toward the beautiful commoner who snagged Lan Wangji. She herself was from a family of scholars, and they were quite respected in their field. She was the one who was supposed to be Lan Wangji's wife, so he could speak to her as his equal. Who was she to take away what should have been hers? She would get rid of her. That's the plan. After all, who knew if she didn't do the same to the last fiance? Now she only had to plan carefully, she was a good planner and she was patient.

At the end, Lan Wangji would be hers.

Coincidentally, Feng Xue was also in the university. Well, not really, since he knew that Lan Wangji was going to give a lecture. After all, he was the one who hacked into the university's mainframe to invite him. So he came with a clear purpose, to see Lan Wangji from up close. He also knew that Wei Wuxian must be there too, given how they were never apart for too long. He just wanted to see Lan Wangji.

He entered the packed lecture hall, and slipped in on of the seat at the back row. He wore a dark hoodie, jeans, baseball cap and a face mask, and he was pretty sure that no one would be able to recognize him. And by someone he meant Wei Wuxian. He had an identical face with Feng Yue, so if somehow Wei Wuxian could spot him, she would surely catch him, and he wouldn't want that. This elaborate facade was all just to satisfy his selfish desire to see his biological parents, and he was not as brash as his sister, so he deemed this was the best possible way.

Lan Wangji's lecture was one of the most sought after by the students, mostly because he explained everything in a very clear and precise manner with no unneccesary jokes or trying hard to win the student's heart. Feng Xue was captivated by his biological father's eloquence, he admired him and his brain. He could see that he himself was more like Lan Wangji and Feng Yue was more like Wei Wuxian. 

Feng Xue was very absorbed in Lan Wangji's words, when someone put their hand in his shoulder and squeezed it. He didn't really like to be touched, or getting near another people, so he turned around to see the person who did that to him when his eyes were locked into the twin galaxy just like his and Feng Yue's.

"We need to talk. Don't you think?"