56

It was a buzzing day in the middle of the traditional market in the bustling city, when someone suddenly screamed and a fight broke out between two people. One of the men was moving with a ferocity that was inhuman. Everything around them was getting smashed and destroyed and the people around them moved back out to avoid getting in the way, and worse, killed. Fortunately, someone had anticipated the fight and broke it down immediately by shooting a dart gun to the man who had fully black pupils and kicked the other one away.

People scrambled out of the market in fear when they heard the inhuman scream from the incapacitated man, they knew what this was all about, after it wasn't the first time it happened. Hearing the loud scream, his captor hit him right behind his neck and slapped his head with an exorcism array that she had prepared beforehand. The dark fog came out of the man with a loud, angry scream, but she made another array to disperse it. She already did her homework, and this job was a walk in the park for her. 

After making sure that the demon had been exorcised, she made sure that no other demon could possess him again by  telling the family not to let him dabble in black magic or anything equivalent to that. The risk was high for an amateur like him to play around with things that he didn't fully understand, just like this. And this was not even the first time she saved the stupid idiot, one more call and she would ask for monthly payment. Yeah, he was that stupid.

She left the unconscious man in his family's compound and collected the rest of her payment, when her phone rang. She took it out of her pant's pocket and saw that it was from an anonymous number, and one person popped out in her mind.

"Better be important." Her voice was low and raspy, as she lit her cigarette while driving back to her hotel. This was an out of town job and she couldn't wait to go back to her home.

"I sent you a chopper and you'd better come with it if you want to see your son again." Although it sounded like a threat, she knew exactly who this person was and there's no way in hell that her son could be captured by anyone.

"Hmm, my so-called son didn't even have time to see me, or call me lately, and how did you even know my son? I thought the last time you met him was like–oh, I don't know, when he was born?"

The caller chuckled at the sarcastic comeback, but she was  just like that, never giving a damn about anything other than her son and her job, even though she knew that the caller could crush her with only a wave of his hand. From this distance. But they had been friends for so long she's not afraid of him. Also he wasn't that unreasonable.

"Well, as a matter of fact I look at him right now and you wouldn't even believe it if I told you that he had a fiance already."

"...what did you just say?" The woman wheezed loudly and her car almost hit a tree, but she gained control quickly. Her son, engaged? She never thought that she would see her son get married, or even have a girlfriend in this life seeing how dedicated he was to his cause, but here she was, hearing from other people that her only son had a fiance. "Are you sure his fiance is a human?"

"I will let you judge by yourself if you get your ass here as soin as the chopper arrives." The caller laughed and ended the connection.

The woman was not young anymore, but her face was still like those in their thirties. It was smooth, unblemished, with tanned skin, the result of being under the sun all the time, and long dark hair. She knew that she owed her life to the Great Sage, for saving her life and her son, after all, she was too young and stupid to ever believe in love at first sight. But her son was engaged? And not telling her? What an unfilial child, she had to give him a lesson later.

She was still planning the torture in her head when the copper landed near her. She gave up asking how he always managed to find her, and besides, he would never give her any straight answer. Just that irritated smile that made his young and handsome face more handsome.

Time went flying by so fast, and finally Feng Yue could lower her vigilance and relax around the people there, her real family. Feng Xue on the other hand, had no reservation or difficulties at all to get close to them. 

Lan Xichen and Jiang Yanli came last, since ever since their wedding, Jiang Yanli had a very bad case of morning sickness, and her mood was swinging to the extreme. But when she saw the silver-haired babies, she couldn't help but squeal in joy. The babies, although they were only newborns, had such intelligence that they seemed to understand people's mood around them. They made spit bubbles and cute noises and it made the people around them smile.

"So, Wangji, you know that I had doubts that you're ever going to marry–let alone have kids, before me. But now look at you! Happily married with three adult kids! If anyone told me that you're going to be like this a year ago, I'd put them in the mental hospital." Lan Xichen chuckled as he made fun of his brother. 

"Gee, thanks, brother." Lan Wangji rolled his eyes, but the truth was, he was thinking the same. He didn't want to get married, until he met Wei Wuxian and fell in love head over heels with her. Guess love could change everything.

"Anyway, whatever that is, your kids are incredible." Lan Xichen patted his brother's back. "So, what kind of news made you all work up and told us to get our asses here as soon as possible?"

"We'll get to it soon, just wait."

The chatter around the room dwindled down when they saw Wei Wuxian was holding the twins in each of her arms. When it finally became quiet, she spoke in an excited tone, introducing them formally to the whole family.

"So, without further ado, let me introduce you to Feng Yue, and Feng Xue, my twin children, and He Xuan's little brother and sister." She hugged and kissed both of them, then dragged Noah close. "And this is Feng Yue's fiance, Noah St. Claire, a.k.a Na'Lan Qingyu, and he's a demon hunter by the way, isn't that a cool job?" There was laughter all around the room, and the booming cackle from grandpa Mo. He was so excited to have Noah enter the family, since he was an adventurer himself and he had seen many unexplainable things, which could be explained now that Noah was here.

"Secondly, we need to inform you about something else…" but her words were interrupted by the door bell.

Wei Wuxian stopped and looked at Lan Wangji with her brows raised, silently questioning if he somehow invited other people. Lan Wangji shook his head, but he stood up and walked to the door to see who the visitor was, when Xie Lian stopped him.

"I'll get that." He smiled. "It's probably my guest anyway." Xie Lian then walked to the door and opened it to reveal a tall and fit woman with tan skin and long dark hair, who wore dusty clothes and brought a very dirty backpack, which she threw to the floor before she entered.

Everyone was so shocked to see the strange woman, but Xie Lian hugged her and led her inside in front of their family.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you beforehand that I invited someone else here, but since she was about to be our family too, I thought, why not?" Xie Lian grinned as he glanced at Noah, who grinned at the woman. "Let me introduce you to a very talented shaman, or you might say a demon hunter, and more importantly she will be my niece's mother-in-law. Please welcome Na'Lan Jian, Noah's mother."