37

They went outside with Noah easily carrying the huge basket, and they walked hand in hand to the direction of the pier. There were no words being said between the two of them, but the silence was comfortable. Their hands intertwined closely, with Noah kissing the palm of Feng Yue's hand every so often, and looking at her with his golden eyes so soft, she almost forgot herself. Her heart almost burst out with the love she had for this man, and she wished, oh how she wished that they could be together just like this when everything was over. 

And yet, she knew that the probability of Noah ever forgiving her was slim to none, when–not if–he found out about everything, what she'd been hiding and planning. She knew she was being selfish, lying to the man she claimed she loved, like this, and by doing this all, she would probably hurt him too. But she would do anything for him, and by the time her restrictions were lifted, she could easily undo this all. This, she would just remember this as her best memories. The time she had with someone she loved so dearly, with all her heart and soul.

"What are you thinking?" Noah's voice surprised her. She was so deep in her thought that she unconsciously clenched and unclenched her hands, and it made him notice. In fact, every subtle gesture from her was enough for him to notice her change of mood, and right now she seemed… sad.

"You." She answered truthfully, and she snuggled into his embrace. "I think about you all the time. Of how lucky I am to have met you." She couldn't help the single tear from escaping her eyes, but she brushed it off quickly. "And also if you're taking me back to your yacht."

"Well, yeah I'm taking you out to a picnic at the sea." He held her closer. He could feel that she had some kind of turmoil inside her, he was sensitive that way, especially with someone he had a bond with. It's not surprising, knowing that he already bonded with her in a very short time, it just felt… natural. As if it was meant to be. He just wondered what the tear was all about. Yes, he saw it, although she was quick to wipe it, but he saw it.

"Wow, picnic at the sea… that sounds very romantic." She smiled at him and it took him an extra second to form a word because his brain suddenly stopped working. He took a deep breath, and kissed her forehead, still unable to form any word. 

After working very closely with Wei Ying not a few hours ago, he could now see very clearly the resemblance between her and Feng Yue. Was this just a coincidence? If by any means that Wei Ying was speaking the truth about everything, what were the odds that there was another woman as beautiful as this one, with almost identical scent, body type, height, if he didn't know any better, he would have thought that they were twins, or at least had some kind of familial ties. 

Her daughter was the thought that suddenly popped in his mind. Morrigan. The woman with silver hair.

But why?

What was the reason that Feng Yue hid her identity and got close to him? Seduced him until he couldn't get her out of his mind–not that he wanted to. But he was an outsider until very recently when Wei Ying told him about her and Xie Lian's secret. 

There was a low pang of disappointment in his heart though, he wondered if everything she did were only lies. But when he looked at those beautiful eyes, he saw nothing but sincerity, and he wished hard that she really did like him as much as he liked her. That should be a good start.

Guess he just had to find out what she really wanted with him. 

They arrived at the pier shortly after, and the wind blew softly around them. Noah let Feng Yue enter the yacht and he unmoored it, then he took them out to the open sea.

"Did you just kidnap me?" Feng Yue hugged Noah from behind while he steered the yacht, and he chuckled.

"It's not a kidnapping if the participant is willing." He took her hand and pulled her in front of him. "Do you want to try this?"