6

"Question." Wei Wuxian raised her hand and asked He Xuan. "Should we… dispose him? Or alter his memory?" She pointed her chin to Noah while grinning.

"What the… you want to kill me?" Noah didn't know how to respond to the statement that He Xuan's sister-in-law just made. He literally just met her today, and she was even more chaotic than himself, so he really didn't know how to make head or tail of her personality.

"What? No! Are you nuts?" He Xuan became flustered by Wei Wuxian's question. He did not even know if she was joking or not. "He's on our side, please don't kill him. And although it may not look like it, he's my best friend."

"Nah, just joking. You guys should see your face, it's so funny." Wei Wuxian chuckled as she hid her scythe in the Abyss. "Besides, you've seen many supernatural things in your line of work, one or two more shouldn't be that much different, right? And I don't want Xuanxuan to be sad if he loses his best friend, right baby?" Wei Wuxian ruffled He Xuan's hair, while the latter scowled and moved away from her.

Noah saw the strange dynamics between his friend and his sister-in-law, and he couldn't help but wonder why their relationship seemed very… intimate, not just like in-laws. And her jealous husband did not seem to have any objection over the fact that his wife was overly fond of her new brother-in-law. It was so confusing, this family drama.

"So, what are you? Are you even human?" Noah was still looking at He Xuan, who also looked curious waiting for her answer.

"Hmm, to tell you the truth, I don't know either." She shrugged and walked closer to examine Hua Cheng, who was still in Xie Lian's embrace. "He's okay?" 

"He will be." Xie Lian still hugged Hua Cheng in his embrace like a baby. "And to answer your question, Qingyu, since we're going to work closely from now on, no, we're not exactly fit in whatever classification that humans on this earth so fondly did to categorize things. We simply just… us." 

"You mean… there are still many of your kind?" 

"I'm not really sure about that, but me and Xianxian here have always been together ever since the first time we opened our eyes in this world. And no, we did not remember anything before that. Does this answer your question?"

If anything else, it's just making him and He Xuan more confused. But he'd take that.

"Well, I'll be studying under you, so we will have a lot of chances to learn about each other, won't we?" Noah grinned and Xie Lian could see that this man was very charming, and he's going to break many girl's hearts with that potent smile of his.

"I guess so." Xie Lian smiled. He wanted to test this nephilim's ability, and there's nobody better at doing it and provoking anyone faster and better than Wei Wuxian. "So, Xianxian, should you see your parents first and introduce Wangji? I know they'll be thrilled to see that they have a perfect son-in-law like Wangji here. Then we can work together with Qingyu afterwards, maybe he can help us with our problem in return."

"Oh yes, I think it's a good idea, I kinda miss them too." Wei Wuxian looked at Lan Wangji. "Babe, are you ready to meet my parents?"

The Weis' estate was located a little bit out of town with a big vineyard as their surroundings. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji drove one of Yuwen's International's cars, a black bulletproof SUV with tinted windows. They drove through the vineyard, which was full with people working since it was harvest season, and they arrived shortly after to the main house, which was located on top of the hill. There was also a separate building for the winery at the back of the house.

"That's a gorgeous house your parents have there." Lan Wangji observed the house, which looked like something out of an old Italian movie, with vines climbing on the off white walls into the terrace on the second floor. "And I wonder why you don't like wine when your parents obviously have a winery."

"Yeah, it's been in the Weis for generations. I still remember when the first Wei Patriarch bought this house, well, I bought this house for him, he was so cute back then, always clinging to my feet." She chuckled as they got out of the car. "And it's not that I don't like wine, I just like hard liquor more."

"Was I there with you?" Lan Wangji asked her in a curious tone. He still did not remember about their shared past, but he was sure he would get there soon.

And yet, before Wei Wuxian answered, there was a whooshing sound piercing the air, making her quickly grab Lan Wangji and push him down to protect him.

"Stay down." She looked around before standing up and took the arrow from where it's perched, piercing one of the seats. "Oh, so this is how you're gonna play? It's on." Then she looked back at Lan Wangji and smirked. "Looks like we're going on a hunt."

Wei Wuxian opened the Abyss and took out an antique crossbow out of it, and she tied her hair to a ponytail. Then she spoke to Lan Wangji.

"Darling, can you stay inside the car for a while? I'll be back soon after I catch that man."

"And by that man you mean your father?" Lan Wangji could guess that Wei Wuxian's father would be at least as crazy as Wei Wuxian when he heard stories from her, and yet, this kinda shocked him. Real bolt and real hunt. He wondered what Wei Wuxian taught the first Wei patriarch back then.

"Yeah, just wait for me here, it won't be long before I catch him anyway." She loaded the crossbow and then gave Lan Wangji a kiss. "Be back soon, honey."

The trees in the forest were lush and they partially blocked the brightness of the sun. The soil was grassy and damp yet it did not deter Wei Wuxian from sneaking in and tried to find the best location which she knew that her father would be hiding. They had been playing this game since she taught it to the first Wei's patriarch. First, it had been to teach him self defence, along with the martial art training, then after that it became like some sort of a tradition with them, which reminded her that she had to urge her father to have a kid to carry the Wei's name. She climbed one of the trees nearest to her to minimize the sound of her footsteps on the wet ground, which would give her location away in a heartbeat. She perched on one of the bigger branches and took out her binoculars, since there was no wifi or internet connection there. But the old man Wei was as sneaky as her. He wore camouflage overall and even painted his face in black. He had the patience of a sniper and he also hid himself well, since Wei Wuxian could not find him just by her binoculars. So she did the only thing she could think of.

"Hey, old man! I brought home a son-in-law for you, do you want to see him or not?"

She heard rustling from her left hand side and then a splat from something dropped down from a height, then a muffled cursing. 

Wei Wuxian giggled as she now knew where her father was located. Right smacked down underneath the tree just a few trees on her left. She then jumped down near him and offered her hand to him.

"Must you surprise me with some nonsensical statement like that? A son-in-law? What a bullshit, and…" he suddenly stopped midway of reaching out to her. He widened his eyes in surprise and then he spoke with a choked voice.

"... Xianxian?"

"Yeah, old man. Has it been that long for you to not recognize your own kid?" She grabbed his hand and pulled him up then she pointed her crossbow to him while grinning widely. "I won."