48

Feng Yue was speechless because of what Noah called her. 

True, it was her fault to do the show-off of her new power, but still… it's pretty shocking to hear the name Morrigan come out of Noah's mouth. But before she could respond, Tenten yelled from upstairs.

"Feng Yue! Come quick!"

Feng Yue looked at Noah and they ran together upstairs to see what the commotion was about. They arrived at the room where Tenten was calling them from, and stopped at the door. They didn't know what to make of the gory scene before them.

Tenten was holding a bloody newborn baby that had just been born and she put it on Feng Yue's arm. Then she tended to the other woman, who was obviously dying judging from the amount of blood that gushed out of her. That, and the hole in her stomach, where something peeked out of it. Another baby. And it was in the middle of devouring its mother.

"Nephilims." Tenten explained it to them. "We must have missed these two." She pulled the baby out of its mother, but it's too late anyway. Then she put the newborn nephilim in Noah's hands. "Congratulations! It's a boy, and a girl, a complete pair." Tenten smirked at both of them, while she cleaned her bloody hands with her magic, then she did the same to the babies and got rid of the bodies.

After the babies were cleaned, they actually looked like angels, with their huge purple eyes, and… silver hair. They did not cry at all, and instead they looked at Noah and Feng Yue, as if they were imprinting on them.

"Uh…" Noah was speechless, since he literally knew nothing about babies. But their silver hair and purple eyes were so unique, he suspected they had the same angel as a father.

Unlike Noah though, Feng Yue cooed over the babies, and they reciprocated by clinging to her. Both of them. And it made Noah's heart do the somersault. He could imagine that Feng Yue, Morrigan, whoever she was, became his wife and they could adopt those two babies as theirs. They could be a real family, besides, who could take care of nephilim babies better than the supernatural biotech being such as Morrigan, the Angel Devourer?

"Wow, what a rollercoaster ride, only our third date and we got two babies out of it." She chuckled and showered the babies with kisses, and they gurgled in joy. No one would ever know that not a mere five minutes ago those little half angels were tearing their mothers apart from inside.

He suddenly saw the images vividly in his mind. Feng Yue, playing with the kids, who had grown up to become toddlers, ran around screaming in joy while asking for kisses from her. Then at night, after the kids were asleep, they would make love, sweet and tender, or wild and uninhibited, whichever the mood was. His dreams were so mundane, and yet his heart ached for that kind of normalcy, since until this day, his life was anything but ordinary. He never knew that he yearned for this, until he met Feng Yue.

Noah could not hold his feelings back, as he swept Feng Yue and both babies into his arms as he kissed her.

"Feng Yue," he whispered to her in a soft voice, "marry me."

It took an extra minute for Feng Yue to digest Noah's words, and while she was overjoyed by his proposal, she knew that she could not tie him down while the probability of her dying was high. She couldn't do that to him. Even she had a limit to what kind of transgression she's willing to commit to get closer to this man.

But first, it's time for them to talk.

She looked kinda sad as she gave the babies to Tenten, and asked her to give them some time alone. Tenten nodded, as she knew that these babies would complicate things for them, and she had to come clean to Noah.

Noah looked at Feng Yue, as she shed her disguise and turned back into Morrigan, the silver-haired, galaxy-eyed goddess who looked like she descended from Heaven.

"Noah, I think it's time for us to talk." She put a barrier that would prevent any noise they made to go out, and she sat on the bed, the only available surface, since her legs had become wobbly from nervousness.

Noah nodded and he sat beside her, with love shown clearly in his eyes. He knew what he wanted, and he wanted Feng Yue in his life. Whatever it cost.

"How long have you known that I'm actually Morrigan?" She tried to keep her tone neutral, but still there was some deeper emotion leaked out. And Noah seemed to notice it too, since he moved closer and touched her face gently.

"It seems that you forget that I work closely with Wei Ying, your mother, who looked exactly like you." He looked into the beautiful galaxy eyes. So he didn't make a mistake when he remembered that he saw those eyes the first time they made love. "Your eyes are so beautiful, and I think I saw them for a second, the first time…"

"I still have difficulty maintaining my form when I'm immersed too deeply in a particular emotion." She looked away shyly, but Noah tilted her chin to face him. 

"Don't look away please, I want to see you, the real you."

She tried to ignore the pang of guilt in her heart, so she changed the topic.

"I put a perception filter though, you should not be able to remember my features clearly when you're away from me, unless you have… oh." She cut her words off when she realized it, and she blushed. Not the right time for being this happy, but nonetheless…

"Unless I have…?" Of course Noah knew how the perception filter worked. He just wanted her to say it out loud, so that she knew his real feelings.

"... strong feeling toward the caster…" she answered in a small voice and blush some more. "But, Noah… don't you hate me right now? I lied to you to get close to you, I know it's unforgivable, but I just couldn't help myself when I saw the opportunity."

"First, let me ask you a question." Once again Noah tilted her chin to face him, and he saw those beautiful eyes were wet with unshed tears. It made his heart clenched, but he needed to know, and this was the time to ask. "What made you fall in love with me in the first place? I know that I haven't met you before in my life before that Wendigo incident, or even before I met your parents. I would have remembered if I met someone as beautiful as you." He touched the corner of her eyes, and the tears fell down on his finger.

"Because you saved my life." She finally took his hand and kissed it. "I was tasked to take down a vampire nest with my twin brother, but something went wrong because it turned out that the supposedly ordinary nest was occupied by the Alpha vampire. We were hurt badly and our regeneration couldn't keep up with the rate of the appearance of new wounds. We almost died when you came and killed the Alpha vampire and wiped out the rest and saved us."

Noah remembered the Alpha vampire's nest. It was less than a year ago, when he was informed by Father Ben that there was a superior vampire who killed the Knights easily, and the upper echelon was asking for his help. That was back when he was just out of the Order. He also remembered the twins, who looked about ten years old with silver hair and, and were bleeding to death by the look of it. He helped them by telling Father Ben to heal them, and by the time they were healed, they vanished before he could even ask why they were there in the first place.

"That was you?" Now Noah was flabbergasted. "But… but the kids that I saved were only around ten years old, and I didn't even do much since the Alpha was already injured badly. It was easy to finish him off, thanks to you." He was still confused with the growth speed that was unnatural. There was definitely something else involved here. "But how did you grow up to this big in a mere year? Is this the Angel Devourer's thing? Yes, I know of your kind, your mother kindly told me about everything the last time I met her." He explained when Feng Yue's eyes widened in surprise. "But you're still the most beautiful Angel Devourer I've ever seen, and I've seen them all." He chuckled.

"You haven't seen my brother yet."

"Well, you insisted on ten dates before I met him. And yet I've met your parents first. What do you think?"

"I think I need to tell you everything before you make any decision." She suddenly looked resolute and she held his hand tight in hers. If this already came this far, she should come clean. About her mission, about her origin, everything, and let Noah decide what to do with the information.