79

Jun Wu saw everything from outside. He was standing in the middle of the park with his mind connected to Mittsu–a feature he could not add to the twins because they were part of the original Devourers and they would not let him tinkle with their bodies. He manages to install a few security measurements though, and one of them could not be removed unless he was dead. But other than that–zilch.

He was very interested in Noah and the nephilim babies, because they would make a fine specimen for his next Devourer. That's why he told Mittsu to get the babies or the man. But that stupid chimera misinterpreted his command as to make babies with Noah. No wonder Feng Yue was angry.

This was the only reason he disliked the brainless chimera, but compared to the twins, he would rather fix the mindless Mittsu rather than making another original Devourer. They were a headache and he could not afford to let another Devourer run around, making a mess of his carefully crafted plan.

Jun Wu was so invested in watching the altercation between Mittsu and the others when he felt that murderous intent pointed toward him and saw Feng Xue was aiming his modified weapon at him.

"Would you look at that," he grinned as he looked at Feng Xue, "how are you, son? It's been a while since you've contacted your father. He's hurt, you know."

Feng Xue focused on aiming his weapon, and it was not unlike the one Mittsu just used, when they heard a loud crash and an all white figure flying out of the window, followed by Wei Wuxian, Xie Lian, Feng Yue and Noah. Lan Wangji and Hua Cheng were still there to protect the rest of the family inside.

"Well, hello again, Wei Wuxian, Xie Lian, Morrigan, Noah." Jun Wu smiled at them while Mittsu quickly stood up and retreated beside him. "So, you have overwhelmed Mittsu here. And here I thought that I have already made the perfect Chimera. Turns out the OGs are really something, aren't they?" He patted the Feng Yue look-alike's head like a dog as she reverted back to her original formless shape in all white.

"Why?" Wei Wuxian asked him. "Shi Wudu loves you. He trusted you. Hell, we trusted you. So why?" Wei Wuxian was so hurt. She didn't believe that their friend betrayed them like this.

"Why not?" Jun Wu shrugged as if the reason was not important at all and he wasn't just playing around with lives, making deadly armies out of the Devourers to wipe humanity. "I'm bored to see those stupid humans walk around like they own the world, while they are actually destroying it. So, why not help them speed the process?" 

"That's your reason?" 

"I don't need any reason to wipe out humanity, Wei Wuxian. Isn't that what humans already did anyway? Self destruct?" Jun Wu looked at Feng Yue and Feng Xue. "Shame, the twins are actually my best creation so far, but their personalities are much more stronger than the reins I instilled in them. So I made a new Chimera hybrid! Say hi to your little sibling Morrigan, Neit, this is Mittsu and she's number three."

Yuwen Mo and Na'Lan Jian were walking back to their apartment when they heard the commotion and they saw almost everyone was outside, talking with a handsome man and a weird looking teenager in all white. But before they could approach them, Na'Lan Jian's familiar, Fujin, came out so suddenly and formed a barrier around them. Then Tenten also appeared, and both of them spoke in a hush tone while glancing at the two people and two babies inside the barrier.

"What's the matter, Fujin?" Na'Lan Jian asked him, in which he did not respond.

"I'm sorry, but it's safer to stay inside the barrier. We will help them." Tenten answered for him and both of them nodded then left.

"What the–" Now Na'Lan Jian was confused. But then the babies started to fuss, as if they also felt something was amiss.

"I think there's gonna be a fight." Yuwen Mo was looking at his family and his face was hard.