26

The first thing she noticed when she entered her apartment was the delicious smell. The second was the beautiful man who stood in front of the table with a knife in his hand, he was singing something in Italian. Even in this kind of domestic setting, he'd still exuded danger, and she loved it. This was the man who couldn't be taken lightly. She took off her jacket and put the groceries on the table then she hugged him from behind, her nose on his neck.

"Smells good. I got all the stuff you need." She kissed the back of his neck. He smelled so good, a mix between something fresh and exotic with the smell of garlic and spices from all the cooking. She nibbled on his skin, it was so addicting. He was so addicting.

"You came at the right time. The lasagna is ready and all I have to do is finish this bruschetta." He took Feng Yue's hand which nestled on his hard abs and kissed it. "Can you open the wine? You can eat me later after we eat the actual food." He chuckled and it caused Feng Yue to blush. She slapped Noah's hand playfully for his naughty words. God, this was so domestic. 

Feng Yue's heart swelled from happiness. 

She knew that the war was coming, so she would enjoy this as long as she could, before she made sure that Noah would be safe. She then walked to the wine rack and selected a Sangiovese and opened it to let it breathe.

"Good choice. Now wash your hands and let's eat." Noah prepared some salad with vinaigrette dressing, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basil with grated garlic, and finally the lasagna.

The Angel Devourer's body did not need food to survive, but she enjoyed them to the point of being a gourmet. Her brother was an excellent cook, but Noah took it to the next level.

"This is excellent." She spoke with her mouth full of lasagna. "You should teach me how to make it, in case you're not around when I want to eat it." She could give the recipe to Feng Xue to make it, it's not like she could cook shit.

"Why?" Noah frowned. "I will make it for you anytime you want to eat it. Or do you plan to get rid of me as soon as you get my secret lasagna recipe?" He reached for Feng Yue's waist and pulled her into his lap then buried his nose into her neck. "I won't allow that. You hear me?" 

God, he really was no good for her heart.

"I hear you. So you better make me a huge batch weekly. I can't cook anything, you know." 

"I shudder to think that you survived on junk food and takeaways all this time." He pinched her flat stomach. "But hey, on the bright side, I'll be cooking for you starting from now on." He nuzzled Feng Yue's neck and inhaled her sweet scent.

"Aww, you're so sweet. I'm not that stupid to reject the offer of food made by a very hot chef." She giggled and then took out the black card from her pants pocket. "Here, take this. This is the key to the apartment. Remind me to enter your biometrics later so you can come over anytime, using normal people's way, not a teleportation array."

"Are you asking me to move in with you?"

"No, I'm just giving you access to my place to cook for me." She elbowed him away and continued to eat the last of her lasagna.

"I'm kinda hurt with the way you're choosing my cooking over my body." Noah put his hand over his heart in a dramatic gesture and it caused Feng Yue to burst out laughing.

"Well, you taste delicious, but your lasagna is on god-level." She kissed his nose.

"I agree on the god-level lasagna, but I demand a rematch on my taste." His face was so serious it made her giggle.

"You're so ridiculous."

"Only for you." Noah's gaze suddenly turned soft as he touched Feng Yue's face tenderly and it made her heart beat faster.