52

Wei Wuxian was setting up the table when her phone pinged. She had set it to detect if any of her children was in vicinity, and right now one was very close to them. No, in fact it was moving in the direction of the apartment, and judging from the speed, they were on foot. She quickly dumped the knife that she was using to cut the barbequed meat to He Xuan, who stood beside her, and ran outside to open the door. She was very excited to see which one of her kids came first. 

She moved to open the door only to see Lan Wangji was opening it from outside, and beside him was the young man who was attending Lan Wangji's lecture the last time she saw him. Wei Wuxian froze in place, afraid that the young man would pull the disappearing act again if she did as much as uttering a single word. But a soft touch from Lan Wangji assured her that he was here to stay.

"Wei Ying, this is Feng Xue, as you may know already. He's one of our twins." Lan Wangji squeezed Feng Xue's shoulder and the latter looked at both of them in awe.

"Wow, you really look like my sister from up close." Feng Xue told Wei Wuxian with some kind of admiration in his voice as he looked back and forth at Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian, on the other hand, could not hold back her emotions as she pulled Feng Xue closer and gave him a bear hug.

"Welcome home, son." 

With that hug and those words, Feng Xue felt like a heavy burden was lifted off of his shoulder, and he hugged her back. For the first time in his life, he found out what a mother's hug felt like, and he liked it. Very much.

She then dragged him inside to meet He Xuan, who was in the middle of cutting barbequed meats and other stuff to make Chinese traditional brunch consisted of honey glazed char siu pork loins, crispy roasted pork belly, roasted whole duck, thrice cooked pork belly and eggs, deep fried crispy pork knuckles, and intestines, brain, liver and pork blood's soup. There were also some sauteed vegetables and white rice to complete the meal.

Feng Xue looked at the amount of food and he was half terrified and half excited, since he had never eaten something as grand as this before. And when his eyes met He Xuan's, he became speechless. This man was his older brother, and although he was only an enhanced human, he had this kind of cold, intimidating aura that was almost like Lan Wangji.

"Xuanxuan, meet your younger brother, Feng Xue. And Feng Xue, this is your older brother, He Xuan. He's an enhanced human, not a Devourer though, but I guess you must have known that already." Wei Wuxian hugged both of them affectionately. "Gosh, it's a wonder we suddenly have 2 boys and a girl. Speaking of a girl, where's Morrigan? Is she…"

"No, don't worry, she'll be here soon, she's just kinda… preoccupied these days. But she'll definitely be here." Feng Xue reassured Wei Wuxian, but he wasn't quite sure exactly when Feng Yue would come, since she ignored his messages and Noah did the same. God, those two perverted lovebirds. He could guess roughly what they were doing and why they didn't answer his call. But sooner or later they should surface, right?

Their conversation was cut short by the doorbell, and Lan Wangji walked out of the kitchen to see who came.

"I'll get that, you guys continue your talk."

"Thanks baby…" Wei Wuxian gave Lan Wangji a kiss as he walked out. Feng Xue looked at them with a smile on his face. His real parents were so very much in love and he felt… content.

"Wait until they do their PDA in front of you, and always ruffle your hair like a kid. Or give you a hug and kiss no matter where you are. Wei Ying is… very touchy." He Xuan smirked at Feng Xue. He was happy because there would be another target for Wei Wuxian's affection, so he should be relatively safe.