69

Noah moved in front of Feng Yue in a protective stance when they heard the sound from in front of them. 

"Stay behind me." He walked to the direction of the sound while preparing his guns.

"Why are you using the diabolium gun?" Feng Yue chuckled. "That will be an overkill if it's just a Doll."

"I don't want anyone to get close to you, and I want to test these babies." He kissed the guns.

Feng Yue rolled her eyes as she took the diabolium gun out of Noah's back and walked to the direction of the sound. It was the darkest corner of the haunted house, where there were the remnants of a slaughter house complete with fake blood spattered all over the wall and the floor.

"If you'd be so kind as to show yourself before my husband shoots you with his big ass guns, it would be great." She spoke to the direction of the corner, while Noah pointed his guns to the same direction. 

"How did you know?" A black cloaked figure came out of the shadow and stood in front of them with his hands up.

"Qi Rong, I put a tracker on you, and it's been beeping non stop since we entered this haunted house. Now spill, who else is here, and what's the plan?"

"... Morrigan?" Qi Rong was surprised to see the unexpected figure there. Or maybe not. He had long suspected that the twins had something to do with Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji, and maybe that's why he appeared here, before them.

"Correctomundo." Feng Yue clicked her tongue, winked, and pointed at Qi Rong.

"You… look exactly like Wei Wuxian, it's creepy." Qi Rong couldn't take his eyes off Feng Yue when he heard the soft sound of gun's clicking near his ear.

"I suggest you stop leering at my wife before I blow your eyes out." Noah's voice was unusually cold when he spoke of the threat.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to, I just never saw Morrigan's face until just now." Qi Rong put his hands up in surrender. He knew who Noah was, and he was kinda scared of him. Noah was known for his efficient kills and his skills were top notch. "You said you're her husband? Congratulations then."

"Cut the crap, Qi Rong. What do you want? You never speak as much as this before."

"I want to tell you that this was a trap to lure you in. Your father was very displeased with your… defection to the other party, and he sent me and Meng Airan to… take care of you guys. Although I don't think that we could ever beat you, I guess your father had something else in his mind."

What?

"What did you say?"

"This is a trap, but with you and Wei Wuxian around, Meng Airan didn't even have a chance."

Lan Wangji felt the ominous presence that was about to attack him, when he took out the nanites gun and turned around quickly to shoot. 

Meng Airan was surprised that Lan Wangji was quite adept in handling guns, unlike his prince-ly appearance, who looked like he never once lifted a finger to do anything since he had hordes of assistants and helpers. But since she was upgraded, she didn't feel the shot that pierced through her heart, and instead the wound quickly closed.

Lan Wangji was unfazed since he knew how the Dolls work. He quickly moved and shot another three quick rounds to the center mass and every one of them hit their target, but Meng Airan still moved.

"Surprised? Well, I'm different from the others. I have a special enhancement that made me immortal." She laughed heartily as if she witnessed something amusing.

"Not really." Lan Wangji threw the gun and summoned one up from the Abyss, the Purgatory Fire gun, and shot it right through Meng Airan's heart.

Meng Airan still laughed, but then she froze and dropped down to the pavement.

"The fuck?" She started to feel the pain spreaded out from her heart, right where Lan Wangji hit her. "The fuck??" She yelled out loud.

Lan Wangji put the gun away when Wei Wuxian came rushing in their direction. She looked at him, then to Meng Airan, and knew exactly what happened.

"Are you okay, Lan Zhan?" She asked Lan Wangji and touched him all over to make sure he was okay.

"I'm fine. Better than her for sure." He pointed to Meng Airan who squirmed on the ground as the blood started to seep out of the wound.

"Good, you shot her." Wei Wuxian looked satisfied and she approached Meng Airan then pulled her hair to make her face her. "Well well well, isn't this the infamous Ms. Meng." She chuckled. "I wonder what happened to you when we caught your brother."

Meng Airan's heart lurched when she heard that his brother was caught by Wei Wuxian. She didn't like her brother because he was a wimp, but it wasn't making her happy when she thought that her wimpy brother was caught, and probably tortured by these disgustingly beautiful people.

"What did you do to him? What about his dog? I swear I will kill you if you dare hurt him!"

"Ooh, and here I thought you don't like him." Wei Wuxian smirked as she tied Meng Airan up with zip ties. "But, whatever threat you're spouting, it's useless against me, you know that right?" She pulled her up and forced her to walk. "Don't even think of running, the special bullet in your heart will eat your… immortality quickly, so I suggest you cooperate with us."

Meng Airan only scoffed at her suggestion as she easily took out the zip ties and lunged at Wei Wuxian. She quickly tried to choke her, and strangely, Wei Wuxian let her.

"So, I think this is the end for you bitch, I don't know who you are, but you're getting on my nerves. After I kill you, I will enjoy that Lan Young Master to my heart's content until he becomes addicted to me." She whispered in Wei Wuxian's ear, taunting her.

"You really don't know who I am? But you tried to kill me back then, when I was still in Mo Xuanyu's body, don't you remember?" Wei Wuxian smirked at Meng Airan, who looked flabbergasted.

"Wh–what did you say?" She gulped loudly. "Mo Xuanyu? I thought I already killed her back then?" She looked perplexed as if she couldn't believe how the girl–no, boy–could ever escape her, when she made sure that he was dead and threw him on the pond. "And you're obviously a girl, so shut up with your lies, bitch!" She choked Wei Wuxian harder, but she could feel that her consciousness was getting away from her.

"Yeah? How about this then?" Wei Wuxian snapped her fingers and turned into a man, making Meng Airan widened her eyes and scrambled back from surprise. And that's when she felt another arm pull her and restrained her in special handcuffs. She turned around to see a young man that looked so much like Lan Wangji, put a necklace on her and activated it.

"Good, Feng Xue, we caught one fish. Let's find another big fish." Wei Wuxian–in her male form–got up and cleaned her clothes, while Meng Airan looked at her like she was looking at a ghost.

"You… you're a man?"