42

Feng Yue didn't know what time it was when she suddenly felt a presence near her, and she jolted up to see a beautiful woman was observing her from a very close distance.

"What… who are you?" She asked her while casting a barrier between them. She didn't know how that woman was able to get close to them without her realizing. She didn't feel any ill intent though. But still.

"Why, you already forget the woman that you just saved? How rude…" she smiled at Feng Yue. After Feng Yue observed her, she noticed that the woman was indeed the one she saved inside the cave, although her face was quite different after all the garish makeup was gone. She was beautiful, and looked young and old at the same time and she emanated a unique aura which was not as strong as she thought would come out from a dragon goddess. 

"Although, judging by how hot you both were… mating, I kinda get it that your brain must somehow get fried a bit. Especially when the man was that well endowed." The woman turned to look at the sleeping Noah, who was naked beside Feng Yue and she quickly covered him with the thin blanket.

"Toyotama-hime? What did you do to him?" Feng Yue still didn't lower her guard, especially when she knew that Noah wasn't able to protect himself and this was one powerful goddess.

"Oh relax, he's just passing out from your intense workout. Well, helped by my little sleepy spell, I just thought that you might not want him to listen to our conversation." She chuckled. "You do know that his seals are not able to hold his power any longer, don't you?" She moved to the low table and poured herself a cup of tea. "Tea?" She offered Feng Yue, which she declined. "No poison. Promise." She chuckled. "By the way, you're not Wei Ying, are you? Her daughter maybe? Though you look exactly like her copy, and I can see the trace of that Ice Prince too, Lan Wangji."

"You know my parents?" Feng Yue was surprised. "And what do you mean by Noah's seals? He's… human, isn't he?"

"Well, I guess you don't know that he's a very powerful supernatural being, do you? Oh and for your information, I'm not Toyotama-hime, that bitch!" She was fumed and the teapot was bubbling and broke out in smithereens. "She tricked me and lured me into that goddamn cave, then she planted that godforsaken thing inside me!" Feng Yue could see how angry she was by the sound of boiling water from the onsen behind them. "All because she wanted to trap me here, to make her idiotic husband loves her! Fucking A!" Then she spoke in rapid Japanese, which Feng Yue didn't need a dictionary since most of them were very rude curse words.

"So, who are you?"

The woman finally stopped her ranting, and cleared her throat.

"I'm the goddess of prosperity, love, and everything that flows. That includes water, time, words, speech, eloquence, music and by extension, knowledge. I'm one of the Seven Lucky Gods, Benzaiten." She bowed her head to Feng Yue. "And I'm also your mother's friend."

"Hmm…" Of course she knew of Benzaiten. It was said in the myth that she would bring prosperity etcetera, etcetera, but she wanted to know more.

"If I may, I would like to request something from you." She continued to speak to Feng Yue. "I would like to bond with you, as your… let's say companion. What do you say?"

Feng Yue was a little bit surprised by her offer. It's not everyday that an ancient goddess wanted to bond with any other being, from what she had been taught.

"Why? You're a goddess, and I don't need love and prosperity and whatever your powers are. Unless you have active power like, I don't know, shapeshifting, or gathering intelligence, or magic, something like that." Feng Yue rapped her fingers on the table. "And why do you want to be my companion? Don't you have to stay in your temple? And whose house is this? Yours or Toyotama-hime?"

"First, I do have active power, mind you. I am very capable in shapeshifting, that's the basic requirement for a goddess, you know." She snapped her fingers and turned into a cat, then a peacock, then a beautiful red-haired fox. Then she turned into Feng Yue, fully naked and all, then into Noah. 

"Well, well, well, would you look at that," she smirked and pointed her finger downward, "anatomically correct."

"Stop it!" Feng Yue hissed, and Benzaiten laughed, before she turned back into her previous form, the human-like one. 

"I can shapeshift into anything. That's one." She grinned widely. "Two, I also have active power over water," she twirled her finger and there's droplets of water from the onsen came and making shapes of fish, "wind," the wind blew harder, and it brought a couple of peach blossoms into the room, "time," she stopped the movement of everything around them, "basically I can control everything with movement. Is that cool or what?" She twirled her fingers in the air, and it made moving shapes.

"This is child's play. I can easily do these things too. Do you have anything else useful?" Feng Yue snapped her fingers and she did everything that the goddess did with ease. "If not, I can't take you with me."

"Well, I can gather knowledge, as in spying on people…" she was surprised by this girl's power. She was, in a way, very different and yet the same with Wei Ying. "Oh! I can remove the seals in yours and his body. And you can have this house too, I don't want it." Benzaiten pouted. "This house actually holds a huge secret, which I will tell you if you take me with you. Do we have a deal?"

"You can remove the seals? Without triggering the bombs?" Feng Yue would do anything to do that. Included taking this… goddess with her.  

"Yeah, as a matter of fact, as an act of goodwill, I will remove them now, the seals and the bombs." She smiled and clapped her hands twice.

The effect was immediate.

Feng Yue felt a million times lighter, and her whole body was vibrating with electricity. She knew that this goddess did not lie to her, so she kept her promise.

"Fine. You can come with me, but you have to remove my brother's seals and bombs too."

"Yayy! You won't regret it, I promise, and I'll tell you the secret about this house after we make our bond's mark. Oh by the way, do you want to remove his seals too? It will take longer though, since there's a lot of layers of seals and protections. Which by the way reminded me of Xie Lian. Is he the one who put them in your mate's body?"

That actually made sense. Xie Lian, the ultra powerful Devourer, like her mother. Her twins, actually, just like she and Feng Xue. But if she removed the seals now, Xie Lian would notice, and he would suspect something. Besides, what if Noah was some kind of a dangerous being, which prompted Xie Lian to seal him like that? 

"I think we'd better leave him like that for now. I wanna know what kind of supernatural being he is first, before I let him make his own decision."

"Oh? You really don't know then. Your mate is a very powerful nephilim, half human half angel. And judging from his seal, I'd say that he was sired by at least an Archangel and a powerful human miko, a… shaman."

What.

Archangel? But…

"You do know that I'm from the Angel Devourer species, right? If he's an angel, how come he did not perish when he…" Feng Yue suddenly blushed hard remembering their first time making love.

"When he…?" Benzaiten tilted her head in question.

"When he… and I… uhm, did it for the first time." She fiddled with the broken pot, avoiding Benzaiten's amused gaze.

"Maybe that's why. You do know that your first blood would mark your partner as your companion forever, right? I mean, your species is quite unique, judging from the fact I have from… well, your mother. You can only mate with one person, and one person only. And after you exchange your heart's blood and you give him your dragon, the unification process will be complete, and you will share both of your powers. Just like your parents."

Feng Yue became speechless. Did she just unknowingly force Noah to bond with her? Was all his treatment to her just because of the bond? She was shaking lightly, thinking of what she had done, when Benzaiten noticed and held her hand.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? Didn't Wei Ying tell you about all of this?" Now the goddess became confused, this was one strange girl.

"No, she didn't." Feng Yue answered her. "It's a long story." She finally couldn't hold back her tears. "She didn't even know that I existed until yesterday."