50

Lan Wangji walked out of his apartment to catch some fresh air, and think. As a matter of fact, it was Wei Wuxian who suggested that he take a breather, since there would be chaos soon enough, with all the friends and family coming over and gathering in one place. The last time they met, Lan Xichen's wedding, was a catastrophe with the end result of Hua Cheng's merging with the demon. And before that, Grandpa Mo's birthday, which was disturbed by a crazy chick and trio assholes. It seemed that large scale gathering of the whole clan would only result in many kinds of unexpected things, so Wei Wuxian made sure that they protected the place with a strong barrier, and provided enough food for them to distract them from the fact that their family member was going to grow a couple more. But not even Lan Wangji was convinced that the food would distract his grandpa and his parents from the excitement of having two new heirs, twins at that. 

After leaving everything to Wei Wuxian, with the help of He Xuan, Lan Wangji went to the private park that was located within the Yuwen's apartment complex. He walked to the pavilion in the middle of the small pond to play the guqin that was purposely left there for anyone who wanted to play. Since the apartment complex was an exclusive and gated one with heavy security, there would not be any fear of theft or vandalism. Not to mention the many security cameras all over the place.

He stretched his hands and started to play simple tunes to warm up, when someone appeared with a freshly brewed pot of tea and a couple of cups then silently put them on the table beside Lan Wangji. He bowed respectively and left as quietly as he came, as if not wanting to bother the Second Young Master Lan. 

Lan Wangji nodded in approval as he tasted the tea, he knew it must be He Xuan's doing, sending his favorite tea as soon as he knew that Lan Wangji was taking a walk in the park. What a filial child. He then continued to play the guqin for a while, enjoying the morning and clearing his head.

He had three children. 

And although they were not conceived by any conventional meaning, they were still his and Wei Wuxian's flesh and blood.

As a matter of fact, he was scared shitless by the realization that he, Lan Wangji, an immortal with a biotech supernatural being as a wife, could have any offspring at all. He had to admit that although he was unflappable in most of life's problems, this was shaking him quite a bit. He had accepted the fact that he would have to spend the rest of his life childless, ignoring the fact that he had to erase his mind every thirty years because of the repercussions of the things that they did a long time ago. He didn't mind, having Wei Wuxian by his side was an enough award. Besides, it was like role playing, enough to spice up their life, especially their love life.

And now suddenly out of the blue, they found out that they had three children. 

Lesser man would freak out, but Lan Wangji was not any man. And he had come to a conclusion after playing with the guqin for a while. 

He finished the song and was prepared to go back to the apartment when he noticed the ominous presence near him. He paused for a second, then decided to handle this by himself, instead of calling anyone else, who might have hindered him instead of helping him.

"Show yourself." Lan Wangji spoke in an authoritative voice that commanded whoever was stalking him to come out.

A female figure came out of the shadow of the tree with a smile, and Lan Wangji could see that there was a dark cloud hanging behind her. He did not recognize the person before, and he did not recognize the person now. Yet she moved closer to him with her hands in front of her, obviously wanting to hug him. But he dodged and she almost fell. She quickly regained her composure and turned around to face Lan Wangji, and he could see that both of her eyes had turned black.

Demonic possession?

Ever since they dealt with Hua Cheng, he spent some time researching the demonic possessions, and one of the obvious signs was the turning of the eyes into pure black.

"Lan Wangji, we are obviously meant to be together, why are you still denying it? Why did you choose that commoner over me, a daughter of a prestigious family of scholars, who is the best choice to be your wife? Why? Why???" The woman shrieked and she approached Lan Wangji again, but this time her nails were longer and sharper than those of humans.
He dodged effortlessly, but he knew that this could not be continued. He had to find a way to contain this possessed woman and find out how to cure her, lest she escaped and killed someone innocent.

Thankfully he was proficient in martial arts, so when the woman attacked him once more, he quickly restrained her hands at her back. It worked, but the woman giggled and turned her head 180 degrees, and it made Lan Wangji's heart almost stop from the surprise. He accidentally loosened his grip and the woman took the advantage to turn her body around and wrapped her arms around Lan Wangji's body. Her grip was so strong, and strangely she could wrap her hands around Lan Wangji's body a few times, which was impossible if she was still a human. Then she let out her tongue and Lan Wangji cringed. Her tongue was longer than a normal human, and it was forked, just like a snake.

"Look at me, Lan Wangji, am I beautiful? I can give you all the pleasure in this world, and all you have to do is ask." She bared her fangs, which also became long like a snake. "One bite and you'll feel a lot more pleasure, then we can have babies right now, what do you think?"

Lan Wangji did not respond to her, instead he took the small diabolium blade that Wei Wuxian gave him from his back, and slashed at her tongue, cutting it clean. The woman screamed loudly and blood gushed out of her mouth, but Lan Wangji was very quick as he stabbed the blade to the side of her neck, and the pain made her release him. He knew that at this point, the woman could not be saved anymore, since she already morphed into a different being, a snake demon. Right now she was screaming and wriggling in pain as her body slowly turned into a huge snake, but her torso remained that of a human.

For all his very long life, he never saw anything like this, it was like a corrupted mythical being, and right now he could see the dark shadow loomed behind her. She was definitely possessed. But what kind of a demon could change the human body like this? Anyway, he should think about it later, right now he should concentrate on how to defeat this monster before she runs away and rampaging on anyone else. 

He didn't have active supernatural powers, but he's very good at fighting and he had the latest technology in his hand. The blade that was given to him was actually just a medium, forged from diabolium and nanotechnology, courtesy of his wife who fussed over him like mother hen. He shook the blade down once, and it turned into a long diabolium katana, which he used to cut the monster's body into two. The monster screamed loudly, but it still refused to die with her fast regeneration.

He was still thinking of how to quickly solve this, when he heard a voice from up the tree behind him.

"You have to imbue the purgatory fire to your katana to be able to purge her completely."