68

They arrived at Halcyon Park around twenty minutes later, and Xie Lian instructed Feng Xin and Mu Qing to stand by the helicopters in case they needed to move out fast. 

Halcyon Park in its peak must have been very beautiful, but now after it was closed, it gave off the eerie vibes. Like something was there but you just couldn't see it and they're watching your every move, waiting for the right time to pounce and devour anyone who dared approach.

They all went in after Feng Xue synced the four Devourers to be able to exchange information, share sights and locations live. That way they could go separate ways without having to worry about anyone, not that anyone was worried.

The teams were divided with each of the Devourers in each team. So, Wei Wuxian with Lan Wangji; Feng Yue with Noah and, lastly Feng Xue with He Xuan. Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe would patrol the perimeter outside, together with Xie Lian with Hua Cheng, while Na'Lan Jian would move between pairs.

"We should move around to cover more grounds." He Xuan suggested. He and Feng Xue were the most level headed one out of the people there, and the plan was to split and  move around to check on places and offices of the park.

He Xuan then gave them each a futuristic looking gun. 

"This is a nanites killer gun. You just point it to the nanites soldier, or animal, or anything that is not human and it will incapacitate them."

"Nice toy." Na'Lan Jian looked at the gun with curiosity.

"Well, this toy has the capacity to put an elephant in cardiac arrest in three seconds. And it's Feng Xue's invention, this one here is a very bright young man." He Xuan patted Feng Xue's back fondly. He and his brother became very close even though they just met yesterday. He Xuan liked Feng Yue too, he just hadn't had time to get to know her better. Soon, he promised to himself. Then he gave the same gun to Lan Wangji, Shen Qingqiu, Luo Binghe, Hua Cheng and Noah. Even Feng Xin and Mu Qing each got one too.

"Remember, just point and shoot." He Xuan then gave each of them two extra cartridges. "There are twenty bullets inside the gun, and these are also twenty loads each, I've already programmed the guns to your biometrics so that no enemy could use it." He Xuan showed them how it worked. He took one of the guns and verified his identity by thumb prints and DNA, and the gun unlocked, ready to fire. "They will assess the threat and release ammo according to the level of the threat. Paralyzing for a non-lethal threat and shooting to kill for a more dangerous one."

"Isn't this a bit overkill?" Wei Wuxian asked him while pointing the gun at him playfully. 

"Better be prepared than getting stupidly killed." He Xuan shrugged. "Remember, this can only be used on Artificial humanoids, and the Dolls."

"Guess we could play cops and robbers next time with this." Wei Wuxian winked at Lan Wangji, who slightly smiled since he had the same naughty thought.

"Well, let's go then." 

At the same time, deep inside the Halcyon Park's main hub, there were two people who watched the newcomers from hidden cameras. One with very eager eyes while the other was conflicted. Should he or should he not? He knew his life was almost at the end anyway, so it didn't matter what he did, he's going to end up dead. 

"Activate the Dolls." The woman's voice was giving a command to the console in front of them.

"Activating the Dolls." The robotic woman's voice confirmed the command.

"I'm going out." Her eyes lightened up when she saw the people who were coming, just as the boss had said. She was granted permission to do whatever she liked, including killing.