80

"Let me tell you a secret, Wei Wuxian." Jun Wu was very satisfied by the way Wei Wuxian paled and became weak on her knees when she saw her daughter and son-in-law were pierced together by a huge diabolium blade, "The only way that a Devourer could die, is by being killed with the diabolium bones." Then he pointed at the huge blade. "See that? That's Mittsu's spine. Yeah, a weapon made from diabolium bones. Now do you understand?"

Wei Wuxian didn't care to reply, instead she ran to the direction of her daughter and son-in-law, leaving Jun Wu cackled like a mad man.

Noah was in pain. 

He could handle it, but seeing Feng Yue's expression in front of him made him almost go berserk. She was clearly in pain, and there was blood on the corner of her mouth. Without even seeing, he could feel that his front was soaked by her blood too.

He pulled her close to him, but she whimpered. He noticed that her regeneration did not kick in as it should. So he touched her face and tried to make her open her eyes.

"Sweetheart? Baby, please stay with me, I'm gonna get you to the hospital." Noah tried to reach the blade's handle, when he felt another presence beside him. 

"You're not dead yet?" Mittsu observed Noah, and she touched Feng Yue's neck.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Noah slapped her hand away, and Mittsu only tilted her head. 

"Her heartbeats were irregular, her breaths were shallow, and I estimated another five minutes before she died." Mittsu looked at the point behind Noah and she waved her hand to form a barrier which prevented Wei Wuxian, Xie Lian and Feng Xue from coming closer. Then she took a step back. "No one would be able to enter to help you both. Now excuse me while I take care of the others." 

Mittsu walked out of the barrier and enforced it before she started the fight with the rest of them.

Feng Yue was in and out of consciousness. She knew that Noah was calling her with desperation in his voice, but she could not open her eyes. They felt heavy, just like every part of her body was.

Strange.

This was the second time in her short life that she felt helpless. The first time was when she almost died in the alpha vampire's lair.

But Noah was there, both of the times. And it gave her some sense of peace, knowing that her last moment was always with him. Although she regretted how short their time was. 

She always thought that they would live forever.

Too bad, the forever she wanted seemed to end right here, right now.

"No...ah…" she tried to speak, but blood gushed out of her mouth and Noah looked like he was about to cry.

"Baby, stop talking. I'm going to pull the blade out, please hang on to me…" Noah held on to the blade with his bare hands, and pulled with all his power. Yet it only moved for a couple of centimeters. He then noticed that both of the blade's sides were serrated, which would obliterate their inside if it even moved.

Noah grunted in frustration as he could feel that Feng Yue became colder and weaker and the bloody barrier prevented Xie Lian and the others from coming and helping them.

"Noah! Take the blade out!" He could hear Xie Lian yelling from outside the barrier. "Use your power, as long as the blade is inside her, she could not heal herself!"

With the encouragement from Xie Lian, and the worsened condition of his wife, he held the blade with his bare hand and with the last of his strength, he yelled and forced his muscle to pull the blade out in one movement. 

The blade moved only an inch at first, and it took out almost half of his intestines with it, but Noah persisted and by withholding the most extreme pain in his body, he took the blade out and threw it away. He then pulled Feng Yue closer to him. He noticed that her blood had stopped gushing out, but she was pale and even though the serrated blade should already wreck her inside, she didn't utter a single sound of pain. It was like she didn't even have the strength to make a sound.

"Baby… baby…" Noah patted her cheek slowly. "Please wake up…" He then tried to feel the place where the blade pierced, to see if she healed, but the wound was still there and it didn't show any sign of healing. He turned to look for Xie Lian and found him watching just from outside the barrier, while Feng Xue tried to pierce it and Wei Wuxian was busy with Mittsu.

Noah then took out his gun and shot at the barrier, but it did nothing to them. They were locked inside with no way out and no way in. He tried a few more times and shot at different spots, but the barrier still held. He then threw his gun at it in desperation and it bounced back. Finally he screamed like a wounded animal and held Feng Yue's body closer to share some of his warmth to her cold body.

"You promised me forever, and now you're gonna leave me alone?" Noah whispered to Feng Yue's ear, and he could see her eyes twitch and it gave him hope. "Wake up, wake up my Goddess of War, this is not your time yet, wake up, please… wake up!!!" 

And that was when he realized that there was a mild disturbance around them, like a small tremor, but when he touched the ground, there was no earthquake and it was not from the fight outside the barrier.

Then he saw it.

A small black orb, spinning on top of them, and it became faster and faster and suddenly it grew big and looked like a black hole.

"Noah! Look out!" 

He could hear Feng Xue yelling from his back, but he couldn't tear his eyes away from the black hole, as there were wisps of black smoke slowly coming out of it. Noah tried to move his body, but it felt like he had no energy to move at all.

Then suddenly, the wisps of the black smoke surrounded Feng Yue's body and took her away forcefully from Noah's embrace.

Noah could not speak, nor do anything since he became paralyzed. He just saw that his wife was being taken away by the mysterious black smoke and as sudden as it appeared, the black hole disappeared, taking Feng Yue's body with it.

"What the hell was that?" Feng Xue asked Xie Lian, who observed the whole process with a pale face. This was also the first time Feng Xue saw Xie Lian tremble, as slightly as it was. He was trying to hide his shock from everyone, after all, not many things could throw him over the edge like this. But he knew he had to tell Feng Xue, and Wei Wuxian, sooner or later. This was bad.

"It's the Abyss." He answered while trying to open his own Abyss, but it would not open. "When a Devourer is on the verge of death, the Abyss would open and take them away, and no one would ever see them again." Xie Lian looked at Feng Xue. "It's the only thing I can remember now. Can you please open your Abyss?" 

Feng Xue tried to open his, and hoped that he could somehow connect to his sister, when it also failed.

"It won't open." He started to feel a strange sensation creep on his spine. "What now?" Feng Xue wanted to scream in frustration. He wanted to go on a rampage and killed the bitch who killed his sister, but common sense took over. Throwing a tantrum would not do any good right now. He needed to be clear headed to find a solution quickly.

"We should free Noah and take care of Jun Wu before he unleashes his Artificial Devourers army into the world." Xie Lian tried to open the barrier again but it still would not budge. "Then I will do everything in my power to find your sister."