61

"Is that… human hands?" Wei Wuxian asked Lan Wangji in horror, then she looked at Jun Wu. "What's the meaning of this?"

"Please be patient, the experiment will take place soon." Jun Wu answered her in a restrained voice. Lan Wangji, who observed him, guessed that he must have seen the whole content to look like that.

True to his words, the film began to widen its focus to include everything on the table. It must have some kind of automatic controller. Then the man in the film took two vials of what seemed to be red liquid, and poured each one of them to each arm, to cover them entirely. 

The next process was immediate. The red liquid was absorbed by each of the arms, and it activated some kind of mechanism within the arms, and there were some thing that looked like nanites, started to work and repaired the arms, making the whole arms, and then to the shoulders, necks, torsos, down to legs, and finally the heads. They ended in the same speed, and instead of two arms, there were two identical bodies laying there on the table. The bodies were genderless, hairless and no distinct features available, until the man cast some kind of array on them, then the bodies shrinked to be that of five years old kids. Both of their hair were silver, and their gender became distinct. One female and one male.

Wei Wuxian couldn't hold back her anger, but the scientist in her was wondering how on earth the man in the film could achieve something like that. How did he know how to create a full human body out of a piece of an arm. She was still wondering when she felt the room temperature drop a few degrees, and that's when she knew that Lan Wangji was furious.

"Were those my arms?" Wei Wuxian asked Jun Wu the question, although she knew the answer already. "How could the man get ahold of my arms? And when was that?" 

Jun Wu was about to answer when Lan Wangji spoke in a very cold tone.

"They took your arms when they killed you a year ago. They wanted to take the whole body but your defense mechanism kicked in before they could take more than both of your arms, and it regenerated your body straight away." Lan Wangji spoke in an almost robotic tone to try to calm himself down from reading what could be a horror story of the century. "From what I gather from these… reports, they stole your body parts, and my blood, to create the twins." He slapped the report close and put it away in the folder. "I will take these reports, and the film too. Don't worry, I'll get you a receipt."

"It's okay, I only need them as a proof to make you believe me." Jun Wu nodded in resignation. "Although I myself still cannot believe that the King could do all of that."

"Who was the man in the film?" Wei Wuxian suddenly asked him. She was curious with how expertly the man handled all the experiments himself. That was surely not his first rodeo, and if it wasn't, there sure was some kind of news or gossip somewhere that she could trace.

"I have no idea. But maybe the King himself?"

"I don't think so." Wei Wuxian thought about it for a minute. "Anyway, let's get back to our place. Jun Wu, you're welcome to stay here or come with us."

"I think we should check this address first before we head back." Lan Wangji pointed at the documents he held in his hand. "This contains the housing address of the management and their names, and you wouldn't believe whose name I just saw in one of these lists."

"I can't believe it, that turd is living in this comfort, right under our nose." Wei Wuxian examined a half eaten takeout container on the table, while Lan Wangji looked around the house. "This place is such a pigsty." Wei Wuxian kicked an empty bottle of beer on the floor. "We probably will find his body underneath these junks."

"He's not dead. Yet." Lan Wangji was reading an agenda on the table. He wore his usual gloves, but he still used the pen to flip open the book. "He will be at the auction in The Plaza tonight." Lan Wangji pointed at one particular entry for today. "Which I happen to have an invitation to."

"Great! Let's play dress up then." Wei Wuxian couldn't wait to get out of this place. "Wait, it's not one of those auctions like we went to the last time, is it?"

"Unfortunately, no. It's a less exclusive one, and it will be held in one of Yuwen's affiliated hotels." Lan Wangji sighed. "Those were a really good three days, that auction." He pulled Wei Wuxian close and kissed her. "I'll find another one like that soon, for our honeymoon."

"Somewhere off the water please, you know how I hate water…" she snuggled up into Lan Wangji's embrace, inhaling his fresh scent to get rid of the bad smell of this pigsty. 

"I will tell Hua Cheng that." Lan Wangji chuckled as he ruffled Wei Wuxian's head. "For now, let's go back home and prepare for the auction tonight."

They went back to drop Jun Wu at the Yuwen International's headquarter for Chen Yu to monitor his condition before they put him in another safe place, and they went back to the apartment to change clothes.

The atmosphere inside the room where the five of them were having a talk was uncomfortable, ever since Na'Lan Jian explained to Noah about his origin. Noah was quiet when he was told by his mom how she got kidnapped into the Angel's Vessel cult by her own friend, who turned out to be a hardcore believer. But Feng Yue could see how his eyes hardened, and his knuckles were white from the pressure he exerted to calm himself down. She quietly touched his arms in reassurement and she could feel that some of the tension melted away while Noah took her hand in his and entangled them with his fingers.

"So, what you're trying to tell me is that I'm… one of those nephilims?" He asked his mom, who nodded her head. He could see the flash of pain in her eyes, and guessed that the experience still left a scar in her heart that was too big to be fully healed. But Noah was grateful since she found her lover back, and he knew that Yuwen Mo was a good person and he would surely take care of his mom.

"Yes, and I am really sorry to hide this from you baby…" Na'Lan Jian tried to hide her tears from Noah but he caught it anyway. "I never meant to hurt you by telling you the truth now, I just want you to understand about your origin, and how to control your power, especially since you're going to be married to this amazing young woman. That's it."

Noah did not speak, instead he stood up and went over to his mom and hugged her tight.

"It's fine, I understand mom, you don't have to worry about anything. In fact, I'm glad that I'm actually a nephilim. That way I can protect my wife and my family better in the future." He pulled Feng Yue into the hug and Yuwen Mo joined them.

"Sorry to bother your beautiful family reunion, but does this mean you want to release your seals, Noah?" Xie Lian cleared his throat and asked Noah a question, which he answered by looking at Feng Yue with his eyes overflowing with love.

"Yes, please."