5

Lan Wangji walked to the north end of the containment chamber and he quickly disposed of two men in black. He was in the middle of restraining them when he felt a presence behind him. He turned around to find a lone figure; without kevlar and he brought no gun, just a full gas mask in neon green; stood there and watched him. He made no movement and Lan Wangji also stood still. They were just standing there face to face for what seemed like a very long time, until Lan Wangji's phone vibrated. He was distracted for one second, and the next second he looked back at the figure. He had disappeared, without doing anything to him. It was so strange. He picked up his phone, and Wei Wuxian was on the other side.

"Baby, where are you?"

"North end. There was someone here, but he escaped."

"I'm on my way."

They rounded up the people they caught, which amounted to seven people, with another three killed by Wei Wuxian. He Xuan tsk-tsking her, but she just shrugged and snuggled into Lan Wangji's embrace, while Noah looked at her in awe. Three fully equipped and armored adult males, easily taken down by Wei Wuxian alone. He wondered who exactly was this woman that looked so extraordinary and highly skilled, yet acted like a cat in front of her husband.

"They were nanites soldiers, by the way, so it's useless to interrogate them." Wei Wuxian told the others the reason why she killed the three. "They're like the ones who attacked me at Grandpa Mo's house. Remember, Xuanxuan?" She walked to one of the men they caught and pulled out a dagger out of nowhere, then she casually slit his throat, to Noah's horror. Then she took a small vial from the table and took a blood sample from the man. Then she secured it before she put the vial back into its place behind a containment box.

"Don't touch it with bare hands, or anything, it's dangerous." Then she proceeded to do the same to the other six men.

"What the…" he looked at He Xuan, who shook his head. Noah was crazy, but Wei Wuxian was even more crazier. And yet, there seemed to be a method to her crazy. He should know firsthand, since she was the one who birthed him out of some experiment just to give her husband a child. Her husband, his little brother, and also his parents. He still couldn't get used to it. The thought of having some immortal parents.

"Just… watch. She wouldn't do anything without any good reason." He Xuan sighed, as the wounds on the men's throat slowly closed, and Noah widened his eyes.

"See? They can't be killed in any conventional way, only my fire could do that." Wei Wuxian sighed as if she was explaining to kindergarten kids.

"Wait wait… what fire? And those people, are they… robots? Android? Biotech?" Noah asked Wei Wuxian, then he looked at He Xuan. "I mean, I know you worked in the biotech and nanotechnology field, but this…? This is… wow, this is the first time I saw something like this." Then he jolted up. "So, does this mean that the woman I saw back there is also an android?"

"The one whom you said beat you in a fight? You? The unbeatable Noah St.Claire, the youngest Knight of Holy Order, who got kicked out because of disorderly behaviour, a.k.a punched his own superior?" He Xuan chuckled as Noah frowned.

"I quit, not get kicked out, mind you, and that man was such an asshole, he earned those punches." He hit He Xuan's arm playfully. "So, after I fought these three goons, there was a woman with a neon pink gas mask and no kevlar or weapons on her. But she fought like, crazy good. Then I accidentally took off her mask and I saw long silver hair before she snatched the mask back and disappeared."

"Funny, I also met someone who wore a neon green gas mask and he didn't do anything at all, just watched me for about thirty seconds and he's gone." Lan Wangji remembered the odd encounter with the strange person.