Chapter 2

As one of the extremely few gods that rivalled the power of Morax, you had much more leeway and freedom in the nation ruled by the Electro Archon.

It also does help that you are somewhat close to the shogun aswell, mortals and divine beings revere your power, perhaps even more so than the archon herself...

Your supposed kind disposition and ancient history and ties with the nation has kept your status as the symbol of Inazuma cemented in the hearts and minds of all inhabitants.

Travelling the small island nation, the one you yourself brought up and defended during the era of the first Electro archon, brought you great pleasure.

And seeing the devastation left by the war, you looked down at the country in amusement and intrigue.

Just how would the resistance go up against the goddess when they were struggling to fight against common soldiers?

Letting your draconic wings out, you ended up stepping on the roof of the General's tent in the Kujou encampment...

••••

The shogun's soldiers looked upon me figure with awe and reverence.

"Lord Y/N is here..."

"Y/N Sama..."

The whispers were quite clear for a god such as myself, I then shook my head.

"Where are the resistance armies?" I asked the troops that stood in attention behind me.

"Reporting to his eminence, the traitors have made base near Nazuchi beach!" One officer kneeled behind me and replied.

"Thanks" That one word seemed to brighten his day as I could see the glee in his eyes.

"Please do not thank me my lord, it is the least a mortal like I could do..."

"I see, then I will take my leave."

Let's see, the Sangonomiya base has around five hundred soldiers and are heavily outnumbered.

I'm way past naivety and cannot overlook the fact that a single clan is funding the war effort, even if there were a few more, it cannot match the might of Inazuma's military...

Someone else is funding them, allowing the resistance to fight and to also... weaken Inazuma in the process...

Feels like I'm back in the archon war all over again...

So, who could it be? Liyue wouldn't risk it, Mondstadt can't afford it, Fontaine cannot morally do it, Sumeru is too far, the others are not even in the region...

Looks like it's the pesky Tsaritsa or the survivors of Khaen'riah or both at the same time...

Anyway, while the resistance is of noble cause, I must stop their advancements further into the city or risk angering Baal.

Although... an angered Baal is worth losing the fight to be honest...