Chapter 30

Country roads....

••••

Within just two days since the letter from Inazuma reached the city of freedom, the acting Grandmaster in haste, sent an envoy to the nation of eternity.

What awaited the Mondstadt diplomat was simply a nerve wracking experience which he wasn't even sure if he had the authority to take over...

Albedo was renowned in Mondstadt for his amazing intellect and knowledge in the ancient arts of alchemy, but he could not figure out how another nation knows of his much deeper secrets.

Chemi.

And as shocked as he was, Infront of the Electro Archon and the famous Yae priestess, who was a supposed follower of the Moon God. He wasn't necessarily surprised...

Perhaps the Electro Archon really was omnipresent...

Having done prior research and information gathering, Albedo had gotten the gist of the situation.

He was brought over to help the Inazumans cure their treasured God... But that in itself was a complication.

The alchemist had no idea what the disease was, or curse in this case, as specified by the priestess, and one mistake could lead to the death of the God whom was supposed to be in terrible condition.

Supposing he failed, Albedo may be executed for some reason or... Inazuman ties with Mondstadt may collapse in the best worst case scenario.

But if he did heal the God, the ones that inflicted the wounds may consider Mondstadt as a target and bring chaos...

"My goodness... How exhausting..." He mumbled, hands moving rapidly around the blackened wounds of the Moon God.

Realising something, Albedo moved his face closer to the wound, making sure to carefully observe the nature of the curse only to feel a bit of trepidation and frown at what he had discovered.

'To think that your presence still remains in this world... master...' Narrowing his eyes, he'd instantly recognized the magical matrix of the curse.

The signature pattern of his master, the one who created him...

'The fact that the Fatui managed to reverse engineer this piece of weaponry is astounding... They must have been working on it for generations since it's fall...'

Hearing the door slide open, Albedo turned his head towards the sound, he came across the renowned Yae Guuji of Inazuma who was followed by the Electro Archon herself.

"Mr. Albedo, how is the treatment going?" She asked him politely, despite the fact that the alchemist despised social contact, he was very keen on gathering people's undertones.

The Archon seemingly keeping quiet, despite the fact that it was her decree...

Discerning the look in their eyes and tone of voice in this case, it was helplessness.

It was intriguing for a curious person like him. The fact that gods and goddesses did in fact have relationships similar to humans.

'Perhaps Gods are just overly powered humans...' He nearly scoffed at the notion. That thought was what got it removed from history.

"Your excellency and Lady Yae, I will be honest with you. This curse is simply too strong, I can manage to slow it down rapidly but Lord Y/N may not have much long to live for." He sighed.

"How much time will he have, supposing you slow down the spread of the curse?" Ei inquired desperately.

"...I'd estimate the figure to around a month." Albedo broke the news before he cleaned his hands off of a towel and stood up.

"No way..." The shogun muttered in disbelief.

"Is there... nothing else that can be done?" Yae Miko's eyes glued onto Y/N's form.

"With all due respect, I have done everything that I can but I can't think of any other solution within the given time frame... If I could study it for a few weeks, we may see some progress but, Lord Y/N's body may not be able to handle any longer..."

"I see..."

"Are you telling the truth? Or is this some ploy from Mondstadt as well?" Ei narrowed her eyes at the Alchemist whom tensed and stepped back in alarm.

"Ei, don't be so rude to our envoys!" Yae Miko hissed at the archon whom simply huffed.

"This is the land of Barbatos we are speaking of, Miko." Ei retorted, still displeased with the current situation. Her desperation only fueled her frustration.

And that frustration gave rise to inexplicable anger...

"Your relationship with Barbatos has nothing to do with. I apologize for this, you may leave Mr. Albedo..." Miko waved her hand, Albedo nodded and left the room, escorted back to his residence with a few guards.

"..."

"..."

"Miko... I don't believe this..."

"He promised me..." Once the other occupant had left the room, the Archon crumpled on to the floor, Ei sniffled violently, the lightning currents surged unstably in the room.

"...What did he promise you?" The priestess kneeled beside the Archon.

"Why... would you want to know that?" Ei grunted out.

"Because I'm his... such a weird thing to say... I'm his lover." Yae Miko replied, raising a brow from the Archon who then glared at the fox priestess.

"...Miko you are going too far... And in a time like this..." Ei warned the priestess.

"It is because we are in a time like this that I've told you."

"Y/N belongs to me... Not you."

"You are being too selfish Ei... Besides, you can't claim that he's your lover without even mating with him..."

"How does that..." Ei paused and shook her head angrily before continuing.

"Are you insinuating that you've joined him in the act of bearing children?" Turning to the comatose God with a deep frown on her face, Ei turned back to Miko furiously.

"When did this happen?!"

••••

[MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT!]

Genuinely curious here. Can Ei give birth? Please don't look at me like that. I mean... Ganyu is half Adepti, that means the deities of Liyue can fornicate with humans...

...Despite being... Well... Adepti.

Rejoice Xiao simps and Zhongli simps, you are all breedable.

Ei was a samurai along with her twin sister and I suppose she was human(??) until she received the gnosis.

I don't think the gnosis changes anything with the physical body of anyone, look at Vegnosis

Perhaps it increases lifespan? I'm so lost and I need some ideas.

(Artist: Sesield)

Btw story is close to finishing.