Chapter 6

"Y/N! I did not expect you to come to these parts of the country." The grand priestess Yae Miko greeted you amicably.

"Oh well, I felt the need to greet an old friend..." Her smile widened as the priestess then interlocked your waist with her arms...

Despite the blatant display of affection, you seemed unfazed, Yae was someone whom you adored, she was a beautiful lady no doubt but she was just that.

There was no spice to her, she's beautiful and loving, but that's it. She was too bland... unlike Raiden...

Comparing the two seemed cruel on your part, but everybody has preferences no?

Besides, teasing Baal was fun. She could explode at any moment and when you could tame her, she was just too cute...

"What are you thinking about?" Yae questioned, feeling left out and awkward at the very sided relationship.

"I'm thinking of the future of Inazuma..." I sighed, caressing her soft fox ears that lay on her head.

Yae purred softly, relishing at the massage of sorts.

"These times will be hard for the people, I have no doubt about it. But in a few decades, they will adapt."

Her simple answers made me chuckle.

"But do you think that Inazuma would be standing in a few decades?" I retorted with a smirk as she hummed in thought.

By this time, Yae was seated on my lap, resting her back on my chest, away from the eyes of those around...

"The Inazuma, Raiden desires is a desolate one... Do you see how far behind we've gone since the war started?" I started.

"Foreigners view us negatively, Inazuma as of now is just not a safe and peaceful place for the common folks." I finished my piece, seeing that Yae listened intently in my arms.

"Common folks... Isn't that why you defended this place? But this time, it's Baal... How will you respond to that?"

Sighing once again, I helped her up and pat her head.

"Make no mistake, I'm still the same. If she ends up being too careless, I'm not afraid of finishing what I started with the first one." Replying to her, I turned away, gazing at the distant city...

"I'm not her follower, I'm simply an observer and while I care for her as much as the people, I'm not afraid to put her down if it means the survival of this nation." Yae stepped back, gasping at the raw intent I had released.

"Apologies." Touching her forehead with my lips, I dispersed in a burst of flames...

"You could have stayed for a bit longer..." The grand priestess sighed, holding her cheek coyly. She left the private space, greeting the other shrine maidens left outside.

••••

Y/N arrived at Konda village, specifically speaking, the root of the Sacred Sakura deep underground.

These tunnels once used to serve his troops back in the Archon war, too bad that only him and a handful of others live to tell tales...

The tunnels had been left as it were, although there seemed to be some movement inside, probably from those that arrived from fifty years back to cleanse the roots.

"This is a surprise..." He heard a gentle voice, turning lightly behind, Y/N came across a masked shrine maiden.

"...Kitsune?" He mumbled, shaking his head wryly, "No, she died."

"Milord..." The shrine maiden gasped, feeling breathless as she quickly bowed at the God.

"Is that really you Kitsune?" Y/N inquired, probing the mask open to which Kazari stepped back immediately.

"I..."

"You're not Kitsune but you are at the same time. So she really did die..." Y/N lamented, "I believe you wish to cleanse the roots?"

The shrine maiden nodded, still gazing into Y/N absentmindedly. She felt the cool coarseness of the mask, deciding whether to remove her mask or not.

"Unfortunately, Kitsune, I will not help you with the cleansin-"

"Everyday, I hear the cries of the tree. It's suffering- Ah! I apologise for my misconduct..." Kazari looked down just as she spoke.

Y/N couldn't not help but chuckle hollowly, "You've even got the same reactions as Kitsune." He then took a few steps forward, messing up the shrine maiden's hair.

"Do not worry, help will come in a few days. I have a feeling that two exotic individuals may arrive here."

"I see" The masked maiden nodded.

"Unfortunately, I'm currently on a tight schedule. I will be taking my leave now..." Saying so, Y/N spread his draconic wings for a takeoff

But just as Y/N was about fly, Kazari took hold of the edge of his clothing.

"What is it Kitsune?" He asked her curiously.

"...What do you think of the Kitsune Saiguu?"

"She was a brave girl. Kind too... I have nothing bad to say about her." You smiled.

"Are you proud of her?" Kazari inquired, feeling meek.

"Are you trying to make me cry?" Feeling slight pangs in your chest you retorted cheekily.

Then with a light breath, "I could never not be proud of her, she was like a daughter to me...", You then left the tunnel system...

••••

Welcome to the occasional Author's corner, I preach you the ways of Raiden Shogun, Baal, wishing her eternal prosperity and that you get her in the coming days of the event.

On other news, I noticed that no-one read the prologue cause there have been no replies to the powers thing (T-T)

I have no idea what Y/N's power will be, so please do say something, although if no one replies, I will take matters into my hands...

Also, might not release a chapter tomorrow (probably will), because I didn't like the written 7th chapter (not released) and deleted it :3