Chapter 26

Your long awaited chapter.

Enjoy :3

••••

Since the scuffle between Miko and Ei, Ei had at many times, come back to the Kamisato Estate along with several soldiers, some of whom cleared out the estate under the fearful eyes of it's inhabitants before she took away Y/N back to the castle under Miko's watchful eyes...

Under the pretense that it was "safer". While Miko was clearly displeased, Y/N had at many times convinced her to let go of her feelings and make up with her estranged Ei.

Throughout the journey, Ei had at many times peaked her eyes to take a sneak at Yae Miko whom looked less tense than the day before.

She struggled to strike a conversation, not having been in contact with others except for... Y/N who was...

Shaking her head, she realised that Miko was alone. An opportune time that allowed her to muster her courage and walk over to her side.

••••

Miko seeing that Ei was slowly creeping over to her, took her back to her conversation she had had with Y/N.

"...Um... I'm sorry..." Miko then bowed deeply towards Ei, shocking the seemingly normal shogun whom looked away.

"I said some very hurtful things."

"...It's okay"

"No it's not. I hurt you a lot didn't I?"

"..."

An awkward atmosphere then developed between the two individuals...

"Can we... go back to being friends?" Ei flushed lightly as she uttered those words, realising how meek she had sounded, earning a light chuckle from the priestess.

"I would love that... That means we can..." The priestess trailed off as her eyes stopped at a room.

"How is Y/N?" In a sudden change of face, Ei desperately inquired for the safety of the Moon God.

"Ei... I don't know how to explain this... He doesn't have much time..." Pausing, Miko continued.

"He himself wants to die and I honestly don't know what to do..." Ei could then see the bags forming under Miko's eyes, she noticed how her skin had paled.

Before her eyes started pricking at the news, Ei distracted herself by talking to the priestess.

"Have you gotten any sleep?" Grabbing onto her hands, Ei asked the fox softly whom only responded with a wry smile.

"Miko, take a nap... I'll stay with him for now..."

The Yae Guuji nodded before she sat on the floor, dozing off immediately.

Ei remembered the scolding she had received just yesterday before flinching once again at the sharp words.

"I'm back." She muttered to herself, deciding to lay down next to him.

Sniffling as she did so...

••••

"T-Traveller... I did not expect to see you..." Kamisato Ayaka, the noble lady of her clan covered her face with a twist of her paper fan.

She was so overwhelmed by emotion that her face warmed considerably.

Aether could only sigh at her before coughing onto his palm. He only wanted to find his sister and leave this world...

Paimon sensing the atmosphere only sighed internally before rolling her eyes at Aether.

"Hey! You two..." Pouting at the noble girl, Paimon opened her mouth.

"That's right Ayaka, we heard some scary news... Apparently meanie God is hurt or something!" Aether widened his eyes at the news and turned to Paimon.

"When did you hear this?" He asked her, to which Paimon huffed.

"Along the way to the estate. I guess you were too busy thinking about A-mmph!!" Grumbling when Aether covered her mouth, Paimon nearly snickered at his reactions.

"E-Eh..." Twiddling her thumbs with the handle of her sword, Ayaka looked away out of embarassment.

"Paimon, what do you think you are saying?" Aether sighed tiredly before he released the fairy like creature.

"Anyway... What's with this news... Who could have hurt him? He's terribly powerful..." Mumbling to himself, Aether narrowed his eyes in frustration.

"If I may..." Clearing her throat, Ayaka politely interrupted the duo before she turned to Aether for permission to speak.

"According to confidential information, it was some thing called K-Khaenri'an armament... The higher-ups believe it was the Fatui that supplied them..." She added.

"Fatui... But why? They took the gnosis already..." Aether could not wrap his head around the incidents occuring around this nation.

"Gnosis?" Ayaka inquired curiously.

"Ah it's nothing." With a shake of his head, Aether shut her down.

"I understand. It must be something personal..."

"No not really, but it's dangerous information..."

"O-Oh..."

••••

If you didn't enjoy...

(Artist: Sesield)