Chapter 16

We need to talk.

The story so far, I have just guessed how it was gonna go. Turns out most of the stuff are either correct or very close to canon. However, this also means that I'm at risk of spoiling things for the readers, therefore I'm at an impasse.

That impasse being; whether I should continue with the fanfic, or not to and potentially ruin your gameplay...

Also yes, I said I won't release a chapter, but I got a lot of material from the story quest today :3

••••

"I came to this damned island to do the divine work of her majesty, instead I ended up seeing an unsightly midget..."

"La Signora, it would be wise of you to keep your shit stained mouth closed." A shorter man grunted, tipping his oriental hat at the taller busty blonde woman that recoiled in fury at his words.

"How vulgar, I didn't expect such words to come out of your mouth... I guess I was expecting too much from someone too little..." Her snarky remark left the short man fuming as he turned away.

"What brought you to Inazuma, wench?"

"None of your business, midget." Shrugging at her words, Scaramouche left the premises of the rudimentary building.

"Hey you, is that prepared?" Grabbing hold of an agent's attention, Signora proceeded to question the hooded and masked man.

"Yes, my lady. We also have fifty ag-"

"Shut up, I didn't ask you about that!" Signora grunted, running her fingers across her lethal whip...

"A-Apolog-AAHHH!"

The whip on her hand crackled, leaving searing hot cuts and burns on the poor man's body as her hand moved rhythmically.

"Stop talking you little insect."

"The rest of you, prepare it. We will proceed with the plan to take that off of our supposed love struck archon, how laughable." Her voice thinly laced with mockery and venom, ordered the shivering bunch of Fatui troops.

"With this, we will be able to see the might of what, the supposed 'Pride of humanity' can do to one of the strongest of gods..." Smirking at no-one in particular, Signora hummed lightly, stepping into a poorly lit room...

"Deus Ruina. I have big expectations of you..."

••••

"Ugh... What happened?" Aether groaned, squinting as he opened his eyes.

The incident rays irritated his pupils which shrunk as the alien traveller felt himself on coarse dirt.

He then got to knees, coughing as the air around him burnt, smelling pungent with bodies around him.

"Urk..." Feeling bile rise upto his throat.

"PAIMON!"

"Owww... Don't shout traveller..." He heard a childish voice, rubbing his eyes, Aether's gaze locked onto Paimon who's clothes were stained with dust and light debris...

"OI! ANYONE ALIVE?!"

"MY ARM!"

"Ahh-"

Aether shook his head off of the distracting voices, he was still quite light headed, having been flung so far away...

"Aether, let's take this opportunity to leave." Paimon urged, yet the traveller could only frown.

"I-"

From the corner of his eye, he could make out two individuals conversing tensely. Curiousity getting the most of him, Aether sneakily listened into the conversation.

"Reporting, Herring 1 unit was decimated!"

The two travellers overheard a conversation between two soldiers, a messenger relaying a message to an officer.

Hearing this, Paimon visibly paled, her thoughts went to a certain samurai from the resistance.

"...Aether..."

"Teppei..." Closing his eyes, Aether balled his fists, recurring thoughts flashed in his mind.

This whole journey to Inazuma was a disaster, where one terrible incident is suddenly overlapped by another.

'We shouldn't have come here.' His worried eyes met Paimon's who tightly held onto the edges of his white cape.

••••

"...Lady Kokomi" Gorou sighed solemnly, taking away the books and papers on her desk.

"Gorou, what happened out there?!" Kokomi urged her trusted general to report, her hands twiddling at a piece of paper.

"Your excellency, we were attacked by the Shogun..." Gorou relayed, pausing to avert his eyes out of shame.

"We lost many troops including the new unit Herring One..."

Rip!

"Oh dear..." Kokomi chuckled nervously, drops of sweat fluidly running down her pale face.

"G-Gorou. What do I do now? First it was the Fatui who anonymously funded us... Now the shogun herself led an attack." Falling down to her cushioned seat, Kokomi brought her palms to her cheeks, covering her eyes...

"We were just being used by the Fatui to weaken us...

"There is... also the case of the Fatui made weapons that are being used by our forces..." Gorou muttered lowly, his eyes unable to meet his leader.

"I... Understand, give me a moment to think..."

"..."

"I will... volunteer." Kokomi looked up to meet blonde hair.

"Traveller... It's too risky!" The leader of the faction argued, her tone stern and of worry.

"There is also the case of the Fatui knowing our restrictions... Plus the sudden attack... We are simply crippled!" Crossing his arms above his chest, Gorou grunted, narrowing his eyes at the darkened sky above the island.

"The shogun is still here..." He mumbled.

"Lady Kokomi, this is the best course of action... We should let the traveller go." The general of the resistance looked away.

"I understand, but it is not in my interest to send such a capable warrior of the army to such a dangerous place..." Kokomi sighed.

"Kokomi, to be honest with you, I no longer wish to be a part of this thing anymore... I'm not blaming you or anyone, it's just that the Fatui..." Aether's eyes met Sangonomiya Kokomi's pale blue.

"Traveller..."

"But I will do this one mission. I cannot just watch as the Fatui try to bring ruin to another nation... Especially with what happened in Liyue."

"So it was true... Very well then, and please be careful." With the traveller and Kokomi agreeing to one final act, Aether and Paimon left the island in haste.

••••

I finished the story quest. But since I don't wanna spoil anything, I will leave the name as it is, and change it by the next chapter.

Okay

Or

"Nooo I haven't done the quest yet!!😭" ?