Chapter 24

Hi.

This is a weird chapter, probably might lose a lot of readers with this but idc.

Hope I don't get doxxed or something lol.

••••

Kamisato Ayaka had never felt such unease, never in her entire life.

Deep down, she knew that having to mature fast after the untimely death of her parents was awkward, however, having a furious goddess in her home, glaring at her was something she had not wanted to happen.

While it would have been something amusing, she in the future could have told her grandchildren, supposing she lived to see the end of the day, Ayaka only hoped that some sort of distraction left the Shogun busy...

Though the thoughts of children, left her feeling lightly hot and bothered, it was very embarrassing.

However, she was shaken from her stupor when amethyst eyes bore into her with such intensity.

"Which room is he in?" Feeling chills down her spine, Ayaka shakily bowed at Ei's cold majesty, speaking as softly as she could to dissuade the anger.

"please, follow me." Ayaka spoke, she felt as though if her heart was to leap her mouth for beating against her chest so heavily...

The Inazuma Bakufu nodded, eyes sticking to the poor girl whom shakily walked towards the room Y/N was placed.

She got to her knees and gently slid the door open, allowing the Shogun to enter whom with no regards to the poor girl, rushed in hurriedly...

••••

"Leave us..." Ei ordered Ayato's sister, and judging from the shuffling of silk, Ayaka had left the shogun who then took in a deep breath, frowning deeply as she came across his form.

Gasping softly, she shakily lowered the sheets, gritting her teeth in anger as she observed the bloodied cavity pulse threateningly.

Darkened veins bulged from the openings of the hole as it released nasty fluids of green and black goo, Ei took off the sheets laid on Y/N before she talking her prized handkerchief to clean his wounds.

She held no anger for the humans that took care of him, what could they do? They did not know anything about a god's physiology after all...

Even she herself did not know.

"I told you to be careful..." Ei muttered, eyes pricking as she discreetly wiped them off.

With her hand covered in lightning, Ei carefully held onto Y/N's form, lightly lifting him off of the bed to removed the corrupted flesh, as her lightning manifested hand moved and cut away the flesh, the intense heat cauterised the wounds inflicted on him.

Something she had done, several hundred years back.

Ei collected the gathering amounts and incinerated them to oblivion, only to see that the cavity had expanded and the wound was still emitting goo.

"...why is it not working?!" She hissed, perspiration gathered on her forehead as she hesitantly tried the same thing once again...

Bang!

"Ei, The bell!"

Yae Miko thrashed opened the door while Ayaka who was outside her own estate winced at the sounds coming from the inside.

Noticing Ei's hand glowing with her electro powers, an inexplicable rush of fury rose in her heart.

"What did you do?!" Miko snarled, completely out of character as she glared at her master.

"I tried to clean the wounds!"

"Go away or you'll kill him..." Miko narrowed her eyes at the wounds.

"I..." Ei flinched as the words reached her ears, words fumbled out of shock. She then relented at the fox's words as she moved away.

Miko carefully observed the wounds, her frown deepening as she looked more and more into it.

Smiling solemnly at Y/N's laid form, Miko caressed his face, sighing lightly as her fingers made contact.

She then nestled her head on his chest, not caring for the terrible smell coming off of his wound.

Her eyes narrowed at the sight of the confused Archon which almost blinded Miko in anger.

"...He shouldn't have met you." Miko replied snidely, her hands resting on his body as if to show her protectiveness.

Overhearing those words, Ei felt as though if a knife was thrusted into her chest and looked down.

"All you did was ruin him... And now he's almost dead..." Pausing for a while, perhaps several minutes.

"..."

"Because you sent him into a mess you created out of your childish antics."

At this point, Ei was struggling to hide her sniffles, she covered her face with the hanging bits in the forearms of her dress, wetting it in the process...

"I didn't... know..." The archon whimpered pitifully, only to be met with disappointed eyes from her last remaining one true friend.

"There you go again... Giving excuses... Did you not know that your people will react negatively to your stupid decrees? Did you also not that the Fatui were plotting against Inazuma?" Miko sneered, she knew it was wrong of her to verbally tear apart her friend in a time of need, but it had utterly infuriated her to no end, seeing that the Archon had not ever considered her actions.

"Why do you keep making excuses?!" The grand priestess yelled furiously, tearing up at the sight of the wounds.

"In the end... You just used him..."

"Miko, I didn't use him!" Denying her accusations, Ei vehemently rejected the thoughts.

"Then... why is he... dying?"

"...no..." Eyes widening at the revelation, the shogun collapsed to her knees on the wooden floor.

"You took away my happiness Ei... I hate you..." After saying so, the Yae Guuji prepared to leave.

"...where are you going?" Ei asked quietly, unwilling to look at the priestess.

"To quit and stay with Y/N."

"...then I wil-"

"You are the archon, go back to the palace."

"I'm not leaving hi-"

"Go!"

"...Miko, please don't scold me..."

••••

"This is thicc plot"

*Slaps laptop as it moans*