Chapter 19

Despite pulling for Ei and despite knowing that she was intended to be a support character, I'm still disappointed with her atk :/

LIKE I KNOW SHE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HIT SO MUCH CAUSE SHE'S NOT A DPS, BUT SHE'S AN ARCHON. (UPDATE: I HIT 56k WITH FRIEND'S BENNETT ULT, DOES THAT COUNT?)

:(

*Cries*

••••

Life at the palace was relatively concentrated on Tenshukaku. A wide hall which served as the resting place for the Raiden Shogun...

The dimly lit lights only served as aesthetically pleasing decorations that reflected off of the gold inlaid on the pillars and walls.

Despite the unofficial end of the war, there was still tension between Watatsumi Island and the rest of Inazuma.

Mostly due to the fact that those from Watatsumi were of different faith, and also of different origins.

The inhabitants of Watatsumi did not feel as though if they belonged to the same group of people whose god killed theirs, which by all means were fair as Orobashi no Mikoto, the god of Watatsumi island took the underground dwellers to the surface, and to those people, it was their saviour...

••••

"To think I was sent away for Watatsumi... I will miss the diplomatic meeting..." Y/N grumbled, ten samurai followed behind as escorts, although it was more of a formality and not protection...

"This place has changed... It's less lively and have lost a lot of buildings I remembered." Sighing at the thought, his eyes caught several figures making their way over to him. They were isolated as most inhabitants of Watatsumi island concentrated near the sangonomiya residence.

"Halt! This is the heavenly envoy of Inazuma, Lord Y/N!" The samurai' discreetly pulled at the handles of their swords, a few raising hands, motioning at the unknown to stop moving. Y/N could make out eight figures, all tall and masked, exuding ominous auras.

"Envoy? That's perfect..." Two of the hooded men then took out clothed equipment, disguised in a poor attempt to cover their identities...

Bang! Bang!

Before Y/N's eyes, two samurai dropped dead, eyes wide open as blood splitter from the fleshless cavity.

Surrounding wildlife went into a frenzy at the sudden burst of noise, leaving the paved pathway, eerily silent, despite being early morning...

"Rifles!" Alarmed a veteran. The samurai gulped, hands lightly shaking.

"What is the Fatui doing, attacking an Inazuman God in his homeland?" Y/N crossed his arms over his chest, his stature so imposing that the samurai could not help but step back behind him.

"Don't let him get to you. Fight for her majesty!" Scoffing at those words, the Moon god could now guess the identities of these eight men.

"Is this a declaration of war? Because if i come over to Snezhnaya, it will be in ruins... After all, your Tsaritsa is less of an opponent to that of Morax." Grunting lightly in annoyance, Y/N summoned his spear.

"You pagan god!"

"You will pay for disrespecting her majesty!"

"Very well, I have no choice but you cut you down!" Y/N slashed immediately, the blade of the naginata ripping through the air as it moved. It created an arc of light, then the splatter of blood followed, dyeing the soil red. Those present, gulped at the scene, the Inazuman god had just taken four lives in a single move of his spear...

"Foolish children..." The moon god grunted out of disappointment, he had easily ended the fates of four Fatui skirmishers.

"Ah... D-Don't come here... Retreat!" The rest fled the sight immediately, quirking a curious brow out of Y/N.

'Weird. Were they always this cowardly?'

"Come you lot, let's bury the dead and get back to Watatsumi."

"At once!" The soldiers nodded, having picked up their dead comrades.

•••• (AU Inbound) ••••

"The Fatui is a blessing for us... With the funds and equipment they've given us, we can finally be independent from Inazuma..." From beyond the reaches of the resistance and of the shogun's army, General Juzo, had struck a deal with a faction which Kokomi had wanted to avoid...

"But what about her excellency, Milord?" An officer kneeled, speaking as politely as he could.

"If she proves to be of a threat, we must assassinate her. She only wants to keep Watatsumi safe till her tenure ends, I want to keep Watatsumi safe forever... That's why, it must be done." Juzo grunted, his paper fan clacked as he closed it.

"Understood. What of the Envoys?" The officer inquired.

"...Have you heard of a nation named Khaenri'ah?" Juzo's question left the officer stumped.

"Umm... I apologize, but I have not heard of such a thing..." Lowering his head, the officer sighed.

"No worries, it was a nation that thrived around five centuries years ago after all..." Waving his hand, the general sipped on his tea that had now gone cold.

"Khaenri'ah was the pinnacle of human innovation and power, it was called the 'Pride or humanity' and they had the power to kill gods..." Juzo paused, finishing his cup of tea.

"Such a thing... Is that why..?"

"The nation was destroyed? I believe so, but that's not the point. The Fatui are using Khaenri'ah technology to advance themselves..."

"I'm not sure if I understand Milord." The officer looked embarassed.

Juzo sighed, shaking his head in disappointment before explaining.

"The Fatui are our sponsors... While their interests lie elsewhere, they too have some sort of bad blood with the Envoy of the moon... Do you get it now?" Juzo grunted.

"...We are going to kill the gods?"

Guffawing at the words of his subordinate, Juzo narrowed his eyes.

"You are correct."

----

Oh man... i'm so bad at describing action scenes :(

Onee-san Squad :3 (Please don't hurt me for making this

Onee-san Squad :3 (Please don't hurt me for making this...)