Chapter 12

Did I already release a chapter today??

••••

"Sasayori... Chiyo... Saigu... How long has it been?" Violet hair smoothly oscillating in a mild breeze.

The shogun of Inazuma looked over her island nation, eyes flickering accompanied by complex emotions that are taking away her mind...

"How pathetic of me... To rely on the dead for support..." Baal's amethyst eyes scanned the faces of those present in the streets, her eyes reached far and wide, leaving nothing unseen.

"What are you doing all the way up here?" She heard his voice, sending chills down her spine, the good kind.

Taking in a few moments to process her messy thoughts, Baal turned to Y/N who was barely draped in his clothes, loosely fit around the chest leaving it exposed.

"What are you doing here?"

"So cruel..." The man smirked as he spoke, to which the shogun looked displeased with his actions.

"I was just... reminiscing the old times..." She sighed, resting her hands on the wooden balustrades.

"You didn't have to answer me, you know?" Y/N took a seat on the railing, Raiden growled at his actions and pulled on to the hem of yukata, effectively dropping him on the floor.

"Woa- Hey!" She heard his indignant cry followed by the crackling of knuckles.

"Why did you do that?!" Raiden shrugged at his words, "You could have fallen." She replied, not recognizing the light curl on her lips until he had pointed out teasingly.

Lightly coughing into her palm, Baal glared Y/N who then had the audacity to wink at her.

"I'm so glad you care for my safety my dear shogun, but I'm a God. I won't die so easily."

"Many others spoke the same words, yet only a few remain..."

"..."

"...um"

Sensing that the once calming atmosphere developed into an awkward one, Y/N took hold of her hand and walked back in, the shogun no longer protesting as she would have done just a while ago...

"Geez... What's wrong with you Baal?" The man shook his head, taking a seat on the soft cushioned pillow.

"Nothing." She lightly shook her head sideways, fingers curling on her luscious royal hair...

"No there has to be something wrong."

"Perhaps it's because you claimed to have tamed me Infront of the citizenry..." Her furious eyes mellowing at his repressed chuckles, maybe he was not wrong...

"It was simply a matter between us, there is no significant importance to mortals." She continued.

"It was necessary" piped Y/N.

"What in the world are you on about? you beast." The shogun snarled, before pausing and taking a few deep breaths.

"Now come" Her arms opened, eyes rolling at his puzzled expression.

"Don't mind if I do then." Y/N snaked his hands over her lithe figure, embracing her body relishing in the warmth it gave.

"Hmm..."

"You seem to be enjoying this more than me." Y/N chuckled at her content sighs of pleasure.

"Silence" Baal tightened her grip on Y/N who groaned at the feeling of his bones cracking under such immense pressure.

"Right..." He knew his body would be bruised by tomorrow...

"Can you promise me two things?" Baal whispered into him, to which the man nodded.

"What are they?" He inquired.

"Not to leave me like the others..." Baal paused before continuing.

"And to stay with me together for eternity..."

Y/N could not respond to those statements and simply pat her head.

"Say yes" Her muffled voice entered his ears, smiling wryly, Y/N opened his mouth.

"I'll try my best."

"that's not enough" Baal commented, a deep pit welling in her.

"I'll stay with you for as long as my body allows it. Happy?"

"...no" Gripping onto his clothes, she looked up.

"Promise me that you will be with me for eternity." The shogun hissed, purple eyes narrowing at him.

"Eternity is too long... For a six thousand year old god atleast..." She heard him mumble.

"Elaborate." Unwilling to let to go, Baal grunted.

"Us Gods have an average lifespan of around eight thousand years, slightly more so for archons who hold the gnosis. Once we reach a certain age, our bodies crumble, weakening from within. This is the case with every being. Therefore, I most likely have a good two thousand years left in me before I turn to dust, floating back to the moon I was created on..."

"..."

"You want to leave me alone?!"

"It is what it is" Y/N shrugged, caressing her face gently.

"I won't let you..." Baal muttered.

"What?"

"I won't let you go off on your own... You hear me?" She snarled at him, electricity buzzed around her cold visage.

"...Do as you please" He sighed, locking lips with the archon whom closed her eyes with a soft sigh...