Chapter 23

"Your excellency, we are almost there... But are you sure this is the best course of action?" Gorou uttered, still nervous from the previous standoff against the shogun.

"We must let the shogun know... Although there is a high chance she may kill us both." Sighing at their current predicament, Kokomi and Gorou both held onto the body of the Moon God.

Leaving a trail of Ichor in their way...

The two finally made their way to the Kamisato estate, that was situated on the other side of the island.

"Goodness! Lady Kokomi... And... LORD Y/N?!" Thoma, retainer of Kamisato Ayaka, exclaimed in shock.

As several others exited the household to check up on the situation, they panicked, seeing their guardian deity fallen...

"...how?" Ayaka muttered, though absentmindedly.

Kokomi averted her eyes, unable to look at her ally, before finally answering.

"There was a coup in Watatsumi... Juzo possessed Fatui weapons that... eventually dealt a heavy blow to Lord Y/N..."

Ayaka felt a headache looming over her head and massaged her temples.

"Where is the shogun?" Kokomi inquired to which Ayaka raised a brow.

"And what will you do with that information?" Ayaka interrogated. Despite the fact that two were allies, they were after all from two different factions...

"We need to tell her... Atleast... Before she wreaks havoc in Watatsumi..."

"...You are correct... and as much as I'm against that, I believe it is your only shot at stopping her destroying the island and from killing innocents." Making sure that the information is suppressed from the commoners, the two discussed inside the estate, discreetly...

••••

"Miko" Ei entered the Narukami shrine, barging into the premises of the Grand priestess whom looked slightly displeased.

"Ei... What's wrong?" The cherry haired lady asked curiously, her head slightly tilted.

"Come quick!" Grabbing onto the hem of Miko's priestess outfit, Ei dragged the cherry haired woman out of the shrine premises...

"Ei!!" Miko grumbled

••••

Sangonomiya Kokomi made her way over to the palace in Inazuma city only to stop in her tracks when she heard a familiar voice.

"What is the resistance leader doing all the way here?" Although calm, Kokomi could feel the hidden antagonism laced in her voice.

"Shogun-sama... I need to inform you of something..." Taking a deep breath, Kokomi turned around as the words died on her throat.

She could feel the rage in those amethyst eyes, a sense of trepidation set off in her body as she felt weak and frail like she had never been before...

"I..." Kokomi coughed onto her palm to calm her alarming nerves.

"Hurry up and say it, I need to go!" The shogun hissed, to which another figure softly placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Ei... Calm down..." Yae Miko placated the tensed Archon whom then sent a pair of seething eyes towards the fox.

"...Atleast listen to what she has to say..." Miko sighed, her ears drooped low and clearly hurt by the Shogun's actions.

"Shogun-sama, Lord Y/N is in critical condition..."

Ei's eyes widened in shock.

"..."

Soon after, the cerulean sky darkened considerably, an ominous burst of thunder and lightning rang above Inazuma.

Hues of purple streaks struck the ground as the inhabitants quickly took cover and fled to safety.

Screams filled the city as lightning wreaked havoc.

"EI! STOP IT!" Miko grabbed onto the Archon's kimono in an attempt to stop her from accidentally destroying her nation...

"Where is he?!" Ei snarled, her hand making it's way over to Kokomi's throat.

"Guh!" Kokomi choked, the more she struggled, the tighter it got until she could feel the Shogun's nails sinking into her flesh

"Ei! Calm down!" The priestess harshly grabbed onto Ei's hand.

The Archon finally relented as Kokomi fell to her knees, coughing as she hissed at the pain on her throat...

"Ugh..." She moaned in pain as her fingers barely grazed her neck, only to take them back when in contact with the bruises.

"Tell me now, girl... Or I will kill you and your entire island..."

Falling on her back from the pressure, Kokomi gulped before finally explaining the situation.

"I took Lord Y/N to the Kamisato estat-"

A buzz of electricity and

"...And she's gone" Yae Miko grumbled, clearly relaxed despite the debacle in Inazuma, she shook her head at the damage Kokomi had received and whispered a mantra, her hand glowed green as the bruises vanished.

"Now then... Explain everything to me girlie."

"...Why are you so relaxed?" Kokomi grunted, her throat still aching from the phantom pains.

"Because... I've known him for as long as I can remember. He won't die from something like this..." Miko sighed fondly before she gently tugged onto a copper bell.

"This bell will ring if he is in danger, but it hasn't, so I'm not that worried."

"So, go ahead with what you witnessed in Watatsumi." Miko crossed her arms.