Chapter 35 - Finale

Calmly sipping her tea, Ei was seated next to Y/N and to his other side was Miko.

"...Looks like it's time" Letting out a deep sigh, Y/N stood up, Ei followed suit, clutching onto his kimono as tightly as she could.

"I'm leaving..." Yae Miko muttered, and without saying her goodbyes, she left the room.

Her eyes closed shut, Miko was tensed as she exited, she wiped her wetted face with the billows of her dress

"Miko wai...t..." Ei's words trailed off as Y/N hunched over lightly, covering his mouth with a motion of his hand.

"My body can't handle it any longer... This time, it's good bye forever." Smiling lightly at her, Y/N wiped the bit of blood on the corner of his mouth.

"..."

"I'm sorry that it has to end like this..." Y/N looked away solemnly, he felt Ei embrace him, her smaller figure tightened against his body.

"...you absolute idiot..." The archon whimpered on his chest.

••••

Watatsumi Island, Sangonomiya faction, Fatui, all of these were finally removed from the island nation.

With nearly all commissions having been purged of it's former traitors, Inazuma managed to cleanse their islands of the bigger corruptions that ate away at the people.

Sangonomiya Kokomi and her people after a second round of peace talks, following Juzo's execution by the Inazuma army, accepted to be governed by the Archon and managed to reconcile with the Inazuman populace.

The traveller and his guide too have set off, leaving behind a noble girl who simply smiled through their parting.

With the curtains closing in on the nation of eternity, perhaps it was time for the final show...

Tsuki-furō, the one and only festival of it's kind...

The inhabitants of Inazuma left their homes quietly, they have gotten an official decree to attend the Moon God's passing.

A once in a lifetime ceremony of sorts, to thank their guardian who now has to leave them to ascend to a greater plane... Atleast that was what was told...

And now the streets were full of lanterns, almost resembling their neighbours, Liyue's Lantern rite.

From the balcony of the Inazuma palace, Ei watched as Y/N slowly walked over to the edge, she'd reminisced the times they'd enjoyed in this exact spot...

She felt as though if a knife was thrusted into her chest, atleast when her sister died, she had so many friends  who helped her up.

But now? It's just her and Miko...

Ei's eyes watered as Y/N glowed, through her own eyes, she saw his fingers dissipate into tiny tiny fragments of cream light...

His eyes locked with her's and for a second she swore she saw a tinge of sorrow in his eyes.

Down below, the masses stood still in awe as the night sky brightened, the moon was full and shone on every surface...

'NO!'

Ei dashed to his side, only to realise she  was on the floor, holding onto his clothes, the only thing that remained of him...

She had missed him by a few milliseconds... And now he was gone...

Heartbroken and lost, her dulled eyes set themselves on the people of Inazuma.

'I want to die on my own accord... So I want to bless this nation one last time...'

'Like the sun that sets, and the moon that rises, and like the sun that rises and the moon that sets...'

"Y/N..."

"I will always be with you... for eternity... When I too pass on, perhaps we could one day meet and I will tell you everything that happened..."

"Ei ...are you alright?"

"..."

"I see..."

"I came here to inform you that I'm moving away from Inazuma city."

"...are you leaving too, Miko?" In a moment of weakness, Ei managed to turn to Yae Miko, who walked over to her side and embraced the Archon.

"Let it all out."

••••

The story of Tsukuyomi and the Raiden Shogun was a tragic one, spun into an attractive work of art that told the story of an Archon's lover...

In the wake of all the chaos brought upon by the survivors of Khaen'riah and the heavenly entity known as Celestia, Teyvat had long forgone the era of gods.

A few artifacts remain of the old palace, one descriptive script belonging to an Archon long lost, a detailed description of her times with her lover, with lines that would make any mortal blush as they read it.

Thus ends the story of the moon god and the shogun. Two deities long lost in history against the marching of time...

•••Fin•••

Important information:

Okay, real talk. I don't like the ending because it doesn't feel that impactful to the rest of the story. Therefore I'm sorry if it's bad because I think it's bad too.

I'm very tired because of exam week and don't have much time to write :(

This isn't an excuse but I just feel like the last chapter felt more of an ending than this one but I promised a last chapter and it came out as... well... this.

Thanks for the support I guess? It's been around a month of writing and I suppose I can now take a small break.