Chapter 18

Came across a writer block of sorts. Had no motivation to write as well, therefore I apologize if this chapter is not up to the standard of the others :(

Very sorry for the delay :P

••••

"Was it wise to give away your gnosis?" You inquired the shogun with a raised brow. Hand wrapping around your naginata.

"Hmm... It's not as if I need it so I believe it is fine." Ei dashed into your body, thrusting her own spear at lightning speed.

Electricity crackled at the tip as she sent a powerful blast of energy at you.

Narrowly dodging the attacks, you retaliated.

'Kūkan Ryuudō' (Spatial flow)

That was one your power moves, essentially, this stage of the arts left you mostly invulnerable to attacks, usually those that are concentrated to single point.

By dwelling into the fabric of space itself, your body could dodge attacks targeted at you.

Meaning that someone like Morax who could casually release a meteor would render you injured...

Tilting your head sideways, you dodged the final strike, aimed at your head.

"You only managed to cut a few hairs... This is pretty disappointing, your skills have dulled." You commented, a light frown making it's way up to your face.

Ei nodded, she too agreed with his words, after all, it has been around half a millennium since she had stopped fighting...

"...I too agree, but don't make that face anymore .."

Sighing at her words, you let go of your spear, as it floated back to your behind.

"What are you doing?" Ei managed to realise that the battle had not yet finished.

Your body glowed, illuminating in a light yellow hue. Through a bit of her powers, the shogun could see a beam of sorts, connecting your body to a specific spot in the cerulean sky.

"Is that?"

"Yes, I'm collecting energy from the moon..." Nodding at her, you sighed, sensing as she charged once again.

"How rude." Swatting away the spear with the back of your hand, you opened your eyes, the pupils now the same colour as the rest.

"I still think it was a terrible decision from your end to give it away." You mumbled to yourself, however Ei overheard the words.

"It was no longer necessary... Besides, such a thing would only bring in trouble to the nation..." Ei grumbled, her tone softening as she turned to you.

"Let's stop here... Any longer than this and the land will be destroyed." You hummed in response to her statement, nodding after a while.

"Come, let's go take a bath."

"Wha- Together?!" Ei coughed into her palm, ears flushing as she averted her eyes away.

"Oh! Great idea." Taking hold of her hand, you led her to the bath house.

••••

"Guuji-sama, are you alright?" Seeing that the grand priestess was frowning, two shrine maidens queried Yae Miko.

Miko absentmindedly bit on to her thumbnail, eyes glinting maliciously as she received several mental images from a certain palace.

Her other hand, twaddling on the desk, ticking her nails on the wood ominously.

"Hah... I'm just the servant after all..." She sighed, noticing two shrine maidens looking back at her.

"What brings you two here?"

"Ah... Actually, you were..." The shrine maidens did not wish to talk bad about nor explain what Miko was doing and thus decided to keep silent.

"Hmm... I understand, you may leave now, I'm fine." Waving her hand, she shooed away the two, crossing her arms over her admirable bust.

"I maybe your servant, but I'm also you friend... That's it!"

"Y/N... This time for sure..."

••••

"Diplomat from Snezhnaya? This is interesting... Looks like the Fatui are onto something." Crossing his arms, Y/N turned to the shogun whom nodded in response.

"Will you attend or will shogun attend?" Ei, after all, had a body programmed for such menial tasks...

Although, it more or less looked to him that she was just being lazy.

"I will attend, shogun hasn't been used for a long time and may not be able to take over fast enough..."

"Very well, I will be by your side when the time comes." Smiling lightly as she nodded, Y/N inhaled her flowery scent from the edge of her exposed neck.

"Y/N..."

"Hmm?"

"Why have you not done anything about the resistance?"

"Because there was no reason to..."

"..."

"What's wrong? Not satisfied with the answer?" Raising a brow, Y/N nudged her lightly.

"Yes." She answered.

"Despite your aggressive behaviour a while back, you have not yet ended them..." Ei elaborated further into her reply.

"I came across something."

"Care to explain?"

"Well, It goes something like..."