Chapter 8

It's 3.00 A.M where I'm from.

Good morning.

*Sleep deprived noises*

*Silent crying*

••••

"I'm surprised you actually agreed to what I asked of you." You smirked. Baal without missing a beat, threw a spoon at your face.

Tilting your head, you chuckled lightly. "Feisty... I really like that in a woman." You commented.

"..."

"Oh come on! It's not that bad." Walking over to her, you assisted the unusually quiet shogun with preparing a meal for her beloved shiba-inu, Marumaru-chan.

"...you keep humiliating me..." She muttered, while letting your hands move along hers, helping her cut the filet of meat laid on the wooden board.

"Do you hate it?" Your hands felt her softer, smaller ones, guiding the knife she held by applying force when necessary.

"I don't necessarily dislike it..." She mumbled to herself, albeit rather quietly.

"Like I said earlier, it's not that bad. I know my boundaries..." You then lightly bit her ear as the Electro archon hummed, nudging your chest with her elbow.

"This is... nice" You commented, your head rested on her shoulder, looking over her body to see the board.

Despite the intimate position you were in, you decided not to get frisky at a time like this.

"It's not bad" Swearing to yourself that you saw a slight curl in her lips as she replied, you hugged her waist from behind.

"Ah... My adorable tyrant is just becoming cuter and cuter!" You wailed playfully, fully expecting her to explode.

And yet, nothing...

"...Am I... A tyrant?" She asked, eyes glazed and distant, her hands stopped it's motions.

"I meant it figuratively."

"But am I?"

"For vision users? Yes. For common people, about to get there."

"I see... Then why are you still with me?" She inquired curiously, her eyes rolled to meet yours, before continuing.

"You are the guardian of the people... So I expected you to be at the forefront of the Sangonomiya resistance, but you didn't..." She paused, expecting an answer.

"Are you okay? You seem to be talking more than you are supposed to." She growled at your comment before nudging your chest again, this time, with enough force to knock the air out of your lungs.

"Answer me, why are you still here?" She insisted, forcing an answer out of your mouth.

"Fine fine" You relented, before clearing your throat and opened your mouth to speak.

"It's not something over the top. I just got bored with my role, I helped Inazuma to be what it is now, so they should be more than capable of surviving without me." Shrugging your shoulders, you looked to see if she was satisfied with your answer, but only received an even more confused expression.

"Does that mean you are retiring from your duties?" She asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. But don't get me wrong, I'm still keeping an eye out for things. And that means, if you were to get a little naughty with your acts, I might have to punish you, rather severely..."

"Was that a threat? Moreover, against the ruler of this nation?" Her eyes narrowed.

"I'm glad you could understand." Pecking her cheek, you nodded at her statement.

"You-"

"Don't forget Baal. Just because you are the ruler of a nation does not mean the people will accept you as their ruler... I'm still the guardian and will be for until this nation turns to dusts, that means that if the people dislike you and you are ruining the nation, I would have to oust you..."

Patting her rear much to her seething eyes, you took out Marumaru-chan's bowl, putting all pieces of meat and vegetables you helped Baal cook.

"Come on, let's give it it's food"

"Marumaru-chan is a he" She hissed at your words.

"But yes, let us meet him" She walked eagerly, her braided purple hair swaying side to side...

'She has a nice ass...' You thought internally.

"What are you waiting there for?" She looked back, taking away the tresses that slid down her forehead.

"Are you inviting me?" You smirked.

"Shut up and come" Raiden grunted before exiting the kitchen.

"Yes honey!" Baal shook her head at your words.

"How repulsive" You heard her voice from outside before chuckling at her reactions.