Chapter 9

Hope you all enjoyed the story so far :3

••••

"Everything has become a mess."

Four individuals lay seated, all wearing deep frowns.

"Lady Kokomi, what will happen next?" The dog eared general of the resistance inquired, hands by his side as the man politely bowed.

"If the resistance cannot cross Kannazuka island, then there's no hope at winning, let alone stop the vision hunt decree..." Another man spoke, his eyes darted at the intricately dressed lady.

"I understand your sentiments, General, but we cannot fight two gods, especially one with close ties to the common people." Kokomi sighed, her patience running thin with the words that were uttered by the simple headed buffoons she had as subordinates.

"Then what are we to do?!" The said man retorted rather harshly, slamming his fist against the table.

"How dare you!" Gorou snarled, raising his fist, ready to throw hands.

"Everyone please calm down!" The mind of the resistance shook her head.

"And General... know your place. You know that we cannot go against Lord Y/N..."

"Those damned gods! Playing with us mortals like that..." General Juzo(OC) grunted, getting up from the floor as his armour clanked.

"Juzo, calm down!"

••••

"Things seem to be intense over there..." Aether sighed, while he was resting outside, he could still hear the heated discussion going on inside.

"Well, I wouldn't be surprised, Paimon too was scared of that meanie God!" The being known as Paimon pouted as she crossed her arms.

"Ahaha" Aether smiled wryly, he still remained terrified of the God they encountered in the battle.

"I thought I was gonna die" He mumbled as Paimon by his side nodded rapidly.

"Also... Um... traveller, all that thinking has got me hungry..."

"You had a sweet madame ten minutes ago" Aether sighed, going through his inventory.

"Too long!" Paimon wailed, Aether did not look impressed.

••••

Far out on the other corner of the island nation of Inazuma, Y/N out of pure boredom sighed.

He was seated next to the shogun who hovered over Marumaru-chan, the Shiba-inu dog she currently owned.

"Come"

"Sit"

"Baal, it's pooping on the floor..." You pointed out, to which the shogun only grunted.

"It's pissing on the floor now."

"How vulgar of you to speak such words in my presence..." She hissed, you shrugged at her words taking no offense before replying.

"You say I'm vulgar while that dog literally took a dump on the floor, try again Shogun-sama." Gripping on the handles of her chair roughly, Baal's furious eyes met yours almost instantly.

Maybe you did take offense...

"This is so boring, is there no other way we can make it fun?" You grunted out of boredom, taking hold of her soft hand.

"..."

"Marumaru-chan likes this." She responded after a slight moment of silence.

"The poor thing is literally overweight, take it out for walks or something." You stated, pointing at the fat canine eating it's food with gusto.

Raiden shook her head negatively, "No, it's dangerous."

"It's also dangerous if it does not get any exercise. That thing will die in a couple of years." Letting the information sink in, you stood up.

"Where are you going?" Baal raised a brow at your sudden movements.

Smirking at her words, you took out a leash, an ability of your godly powers.

"I'm going to take it for a walk."

"For the last time, Marumaru-chan is a he, not it!" Growling at your words, the shogun narrowed her amethyst eyes.

"Fine, he will go for a walk with me, happy?" You reiterated, correcting your mistake.

"Very well, I will take my leave if that is the case." Raiden too stood up, about to exit the room.

"Where do you think you are going?" You smiled as she fumed, face now red in anger.

"You will be walking Marumaru-chan with me!" Seeing her eyes widen in shock, you laughed internally.

"HOW DA-"

As expected, her reaction was violent...

"It's either that or the maid costume." Feeling a grin creep up to your face, your hand covered most of face in a terrible attempt to hide your amusement.

"I will definitely kill you... Mark my words... I will behead you with this sword of mind..."

"Good for you, Oh! Look, Marumaru-chan seems to have taken a liking to me." The dog walked over to you, rubbing it's face on your leg as it's tail wagged.

"Impossible..."

"How cute, come let us have a great time together without her." You stated jokingly as the dog barked, running past the shogun...

Seeing that two had already exited the room, Baal frowned deeply.

"...wait for m-"

"That beast..." She sighed.

••••

Image from Reddit. u/crushedmoose