Chapter 28

Sorry for the delay, I was lost in the wormhole of the internet...

••••

When Miko entered his mind scape, she did not expect anything grandiose like that of Ei's, which as she recalled were filled with many Torii gates.

As she stepped into his realm, she immediately noticed how dark it was, Miko could barely make out her own hands.

"...Why did you come here?" She gasped when the voice rumbled in her ears and flinched in shock.

"I wanted to see you." Miko sighed, before crossing her arms.

"You shouldn't have, It's dangerous!" Y/N grunted, his body forming behind her.

"Oh please... We've gone through worse during your glory days." She huffed, clearly displeased with his tone.

"Keyword, 'Glory days', and I'm not in my glory days anymore." He sighed, making strides into the darkness.

Y/N motioned her to follow him, turning his back on her as he walked away.

"Wait!" The Yae priestess chased after his figure, making her way towards a dimly lit area.

"...What is this place?" She asked him curiously.

"It's the only bit of 'me' that isn't affected... I told you it was dangerous because the curse latches on to you." Walking over to her, he raised his hand softly as Miko closed her eyes with bated breathes.

When she opened them however, her eyes turned complicated.

"Is that?"

"Yeah. Good thing I noticed..." His hand tightened around a stygian creature, it's long scaly body around him as Y/N crushed it immediately...

She could see the muscles in his arm contract, oozing with power as the black goo trailed down his arm, dripping onto the floor and his clothes carelessly.

Yae Miko nearly yowled at the view before taking in a few deep breaths.

"I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Y/N inquired. He waved his hand a few times to get rid of the dirt on his arm.

"I've gotten Ei to get an alchemist from Mondstadt, this person should be able to help you."

Groaning at her words, Y/N opened his mouth, "Mik-"

"No." She interrupted him before continuing.

"I will not let you convince me against it. I don't want to lose someone precious to me again..."

Y/N turned away from her teary eyes.

"Look at me!" He heard her yell at him. Sometimes Y/N wonders if the things he'd do for some people are ever received back.

"No, you need to go back." He felt her arms wrap around him from behind, nothing worked as he nudged her to let go, only to receive further tightening.

"I don't want to lose my family...."

"...what?"

••••

"What do you make of this Lisa?" The Acting Grandmaster of Mondstadt eyed her trusty Librarian.

"I heard of Inazuma opening up... I don't think they want to do anything with us at the moment, so I believe Albedo will be safe..."

"I see."

"For now atleast" Lisa frowned, Jean Gunnhildr then let out a sigh of frustration.

Ever since Grandmaster Varka had left the city with the elites of Mondstadt, other countries have been testing their weakened nation, and at often times have been victim to many terrible plots from the Fatui and the Abyss.

"But Jean, you shouldn't worry too much. Inazuma at the moment is in civil war, they wouldn't try to antagonise another nation aswell."

"Lisa you seem to have forgotten that Mondstadt is... weak..." Jean grit her teeth as she uttered those words, it hurt her so much to say such things to her own nation and people but it was the truth...

"Hah... You are not wrong with that... I guess we should just send him, besides... Cutie is there to protect Albedo if something happens!" Grinning like a Cheshire cat, Lisa made her way over to the sofa.

"Lisa... you are only going to get yourself hurt going after Aether." Jean turned to her friend worriedly.

Seeing that Lisa simply shrugged it off, Jean let go of their private conversation and got on with her work, while making sure that a knight was sent to notify Albedo of his new assignment... Or rather, his new mission.

Jean wished the Grandmaster would return soon, she was getting too into this job...

••••

I feel like I'm concentrating too much on Yae Miko... But Ei had nearly 70% of screen time.