Chapter 31

"When did this happen?!" Ei snarled, clearly hurt by the sudden revelation, her eyes pooled with tears.

"Sometime back."

The two ladies immediately turned to the other occupant in shock.

Miko having gotten over hers, immediately rushed to Y/N who coughed.

"Are you okay?" She brought over a cup of water. Gently lifting his head Miko took hold of the cup.

His throat was dry and coarse, Y/N frowned at the unpleasant sensation in his mouth before looking over at Miko and Ei.

When he felt the rush of cool water flow down his throat, he hummed softly, turning to Miko appreciatively.

Seeing Ei filled his heart with much happiness that it felt so awkward for him to see her in such pain.

"Sorry Miko... Do you mind giving us some time?" He turned to the fox priestess meaningfully who looked displeased with his words.

'when did I get into this situation..?' Y/N shouted internally as he could see from the corner of his eye that Miko had left the room, leaving Ei who stood still.

"...you hurt me" Ei looked down as she spoke those words, her eyes darkened at the news she had heard a while ago.

"I know..." Y/N cringed at her reactions.

"I told you not to get near her because I knew something like this was going to happen..." She continued as the tone of her voice turned eerily ominous.

"Ei this happened a few centu-"

"And where did that bring the two of you?!" Ei snarled, her hands balled into fists as she slowly but steadily walked over to him.

"How dare you let her come and claim her as your lover... What am I then?! Was I just some plaything you used for amusement?!" She flinched before covering her mouth to contain her sobbing.

"..."

"Answer me!" She grabbed onto the clothes of his clothes, irritating his bandaged wounds.

Wincing at the grip and sudden jerk of a motion, Y/N locked eyes with her.

Slowly embracing her figure as he was forced to sit on the mattress.

"Miko and I go a long way... She was there before you and your sister became Archons. She was part of my faction before Inazuma became known as Inazuma."

"I know that..."

"During our three thousand odd years of  knowing each other... We've been frolicking back and forth before she became the Grand priestess of the Narukami shrine..." He felt her iron strength grip tighten even harder making it harder for him to breathe.

"That's how she ended up conceiving Kitsune... After the cataclysm, we separated. And I met you..." Taking tresses of her hair, Y/N rested his forehead on hers.

"You are not some plaything Ei... Because I'm certain of it that... I'm in love with you..." The confession left Ei teary and confused.

"...Do you really mean it?" She whimpered in his arms.

"Yes. And I will keep doing so... I promise on eternity."

"Like a bolt of lightning..."

"What about Miko?"

"She... I can't forget her... Can you let me be selfish just this once?" Y/N pleaded, sighing when Ei kept quiet.

"I hate it... But Miko really loves you... So do as you please..." She knows that she may regret her decisions in the future but if he truly only has a month then...