Chapter 29

Hope you had a good day.

Enjoy the chapter :)

••••

Encroaching deeper into the wintry nation beholds the city of Snezhnaya. It's magnificent landscapes and heaven piercing structures would leave any traveller in awe of its grandeur...

Atop this magical city lies the palace of the Tsaritsa. An entity that controls the nation and it's controversial organisation, the Fatui.

••••

Having gotten permission from the royal Cossacks guarding the entrance to her majesty's hall, the Fatui messenger from Inazuma made his way over to the throne.

His spine chilled and he let out cold breathes.

The man kneeled immediately as he came closer to the icy throne.

"Your majesty, Lady Signora has been killed in action."

"Who killed her?"

"Reports say it was the Electro Archon herself..."

"..."

"I see... But did she get the Gnosis?" The archon dressed in royal garbs sighed, before narrowing her azure eyes at the messenger.

Gulping at his goddess, the messenger trembled in his knees before stuttering out his information.

"Sir Scaramouche managed to strike a deal and obtained the Shogun's gnosis." He bowed deeper.

"Is that it?"

"No your majesty, there is one more piece of information."

"Speak." She nodded.

"The Inazuman moon god has been heavily wounded by the weapons sent to the Inazuman rebels."

Smirking at the news, she waved at the messenger who left immediately.

"A good trade if I must say... If all it took was Signora's death for the gnosis that is..."

"Oh Y/N... Did you like my gift?"

It has been said that the Archon of Snezhnaya was once known as the "Goddess of love", yet her actions tended to prove otherwise since a few years ago.

Including her own people, whom merely shook their heads at her actions, perhaps the cold winters of Snezhnaya may have frozen her heart, and that is why she is so cold and distant to her own people...

••••

"What do you mean by family?" Y/N gulped, his eyes flickering uneasily as he felt his heartbeat quicken.

"Haven't you figured it out already?" Miko sniffled forcing the man to avert his eyes.

"...I have..." He sighed, gently sitting on the floor as he massaged his forehead at the revelation.

"But how?" He muttered.

"Don't you remember? Back when things were different..."

"It was just once..." Y/N grunted.

"Once is enough..." She spoke so softly that it calmed his provoked nerves.

"Why didn't you tell me then?" He glared at her. Miko only looked down, her ears flopped down submissively.

"Answer me..."

"I was scared... We were at war at the tim-" Miko however was rudely interrupted

"Don't fuck around with me..."

Flinching at the vulgarities uttered by him, Miko could only cover her mouth in shock and gloom.

"Miko... Not a lot of things have angered me... But you... You just..."

"Just leave..." Y/N sighed, his hands balled into fists from the fiery furnace in his heart.

"Y/N I'm sorry..."

"Leave."

The Yae Guuji grit her teeth before shaking her head defiantly.

"No."

"I came here to fix things... I came here to make sure you were okay because the only thing that mattered to me other than you, were killed..."

"I lost my daughter... I don't want to lose my-" She whimpered.

"Don't finish that sentence Miko..."

"...Why is it so hard for you to accept my feelings?"

"..."

"Is it because I'm not pretty enough? Is it because you feel like my chest is smaller than hers?"

"Such petty things... Obviously not. It's simply because I don't see a future for us... If things were different, would we even have this conversation?"

"..."

"We would have." The Yae Guuji replied, her tone unsure and was more convincing to her than Y/N.

"Do you really believe that?" He asked her softly, hand grazing her cheek gently.

"From the bottom of my heart" She sighed and inched closer.

Their noses now almost touching.

"Why do you make things so hard for me?" Y/N grunted before latching onto her dress, embracing the priestess whom snivelled on his chest.

"Do you see how hard you are making it for me?" She countered.

"I do... now..."

"Should I let go of Kitsune..?"

Yae Miko embraced the weakened god passionately.

"I have never blamed you for anything... Including Kitsune's... So just come back to me..."

"I will... Although you shouldn't have much hope..."

"Even if it is for a day... I just wish to be with you..."

"And Ei." He added, feeling her tense in his embrace.

"I hate you sometimes."

"I'm glad you are still the same as ever..." He smiled.

Miko merely hummed in response...

••••

All my friends getting ready to move out.

Just finished saying good bye to one of my close friends after one last game of Val.

Don't even know if the boys will ever meet up again in the future lol...