Chapter 4

"Anyone that retreats will be executed."

These few words stopped the retreating army, Sara flinched at the voice and turned around pale in fear.

Fearing for the worst, she could not help but gulp, hands shaking lightly...

The deep masculine voice let it's presence known as the supreme guardian of the people, Y/N appeared on the sky.

••••

"Rebels, retreat from this island if you wish to live..." You opened your mouth, letting out your draconic wings.

Hands crossed by your chest, you looked at those present unimpressed.

Your mere presence left both parties silent and in place, that... was the result of the power you possessed.

No words of protest were uttered by the victorious army as they hunched and walked away, fearing that the simple act of running would be an insult...

Sangonomiya Kokomi narrowed her eyes lightly, she was not one to lose her cool, however, the current situation left her palms sweaty.

She felt powerless, they were so close to victory...

Clearing her throat, Kokomi prepared to speak to Y/N.

"If I may your eminence, could I seek to have an audience with you milord?" She smiled lightly at you, yet you could see the pale visage on her.

"...I will allow it" You nodded after a few seconds of silence, taking in the benefits of such talks.

"Your excellency you mustn't!" Gorou, the general of the resistance protested immediately.

"Gorou, please keep quiet, we are Infront of a supreme deity." Kokomi lightly chided the half animal man.

"M-My apologies..." While Gorou put no effort to let go, he was still saddened and lowered his canine ears in submission.

"Could I also like to ask to keep the soldiers here for while until we speak?"

"You are going too far Sangonomiya..." Glaring your eyes at the woman who now let out deep gasps.

"P-Please... They are injured!" She pleaded, only to receive a shake of your head.

"I see no problem with that. They are rebels after all..." You countered, gracing the sand as you stepped on the shores.

"They are still people!" The outlander shouted, allowing you to spot him and lay your eyes on him and whatever that floating thing was.

••••

The traveller could feel the raw energy drag him to the ground, it left him weak and barely on his feet.

"P-Paimon is s-scared..."

He heard his partner whimper and could not agree more.

Fighting the shogun was terrifying to say the least, it left him wobbly, but he knew he could fight her to survive another day...

But this being Infront of him... He wasn't sure if he could even take a step forward.

Nodding solemnly at the childlike fairy, he tightly gripped his trembling hands, seeing that those around him were no better.

••••

"Not only have they betrayed my adorable shogun, they have also betrayed the nation that I brought up and defended." You accused the resistance.

"A-Adorable..." Sara mumbled to herself, reminiscing of the times when the Ogosho bought several tens of shiba-inu, she quickly wiped her drool and glared at Kokomi.

"Y/N-sama, there seems to be a misunderstanding here, we are trying to help our nation!" Gorou defended the army as you sighed.

Withdrawing your powerful presence, you turned to Kokomi, follower of Oroboshi no Mikoto.

"It would seem that there is nothing to talk about, and remember that next time you attack, I will personally slaughter you and your army." You warned, glaring at the priestess.

"But that's not possible!"

"The people!"

Kokomi and her loyal subordinate disagreed immediately.

"Leave. I will have a conversation with the shogun regarding this issue, your meaningless squabbles have only weakened this nation."

"Gorou, let's go" Kokomi relented.

"But your excellenc-"

"Gorou!"

"I... understand" Flinching at her tone, the man sagged his shoulders and slowly walked by his lady.

Taking the troops, the resistance left Kannazuka island as the army took care of the dead and injured.

"Now then, Sara..."

••••

Uploading images on wattpad feels weird... I'd not want to do it again, leaving the creativity up to you guys and girls :/