Chapter 25 (Updated)

Hello.

Sorry for the late update. Currently doing a diploma course and had two assignments to complete by today. So I worked on them and pulled an all-nighter so I didn't have time to write :/

(P.S - This chapter maybe meh because I'm very very tired... I also had a presentation today... Class was 3 hours long.)

••••

"Oh dear... What came over me?" Covering her eyes, Yae Miko shook her head.

'I don't know. Even I was surprised...'

Eyes widening at the familiar voicing, Miko turned to Y/N before shaking her head off of her silly thoughts.

'Silly fox, you taught me how to take my conscience away from my body.'

"Were you listening... the whole time?" Gulping lightly, she averted her eyes, fox ears drooped so low it made her seem meek.

'Heh only the last bit. It... took me a while to defend myself.' The voice darkened considerably that it left Miko frowning deeply.

"..."

'You shouldn't have gone that far... Juzo was a wild card, she should not be faulted nor held responsibility for me.'

"That's not the point!"

'Stop it. I know you were just jealous...'

"Don't say it like I'm some horrible woman..." Miko curled her tresses, before her eyes narrowed.

"How much time do you have?"

'...not much' Y/N sighed.

"Is there... anything I can do?"

'Yes.'

"What do I need to do, please tell me" Grasping onto to the sheets tightly, Miko desperately pleaded with the Moon God.

'Nothing... I just want you to keep Inazuma safe, don't break the promise we made... Besides, I'm dying, we can't do anything abou-'

"Don't give me that." The grand priestess hissed.

'...'

'Don't get me wrong, I didn't want to sound moody or anything. But I was waiting for this day for a while...'

"Don't say things like that."

'I have to air it out... So many people died because of my carelessness. Guizhong, Kitsune and our old friends who fought with us in the Archon war...'

"...Why are you so cruel to yourself?" Fingers running through his silky black hair, Yae Guuji wiped her pricking eyes.

"It was like this since the day we met..."

'To think you remember something that was so long ago...'

"Three thousand and five hundred years, two hundred days and ten hours." Miko chuckled hollowly as she heard him guffawing.

'You keep track?' Although amused, Y/N felt phantom pangs in his phantom chest.

"...Don't go"

She heard him sigh deeply in her head.

'Khaenri'an black magic is a terrible thing...'

"Where are you getting at?" Whimpering, Miko asked him as she felt a bad premonition take over her body.

'Its eating away my soul. My body is mostly taken over by it's horrible power... It's more potent than the likes of what Kitsune got...'

"!!"

"...Why do all of these things happen to you?"

'...I really don't know.' Resigning himself to fate, Y/N felt insignificant as he dwelled deeper into his thoughts.

"Please... Don't go..."

'I...'

••••

Leaving the premises of the Kamisato estate, Ei managed to make her way inside the palace in the city, crumbling as she walked in to her room.

"I didn't do it..."

Leaning her back against the wall, Ei slid down to the bamboo mat.

Hair dishevelled and eyes dulled, she stared at the stormy city through the window pane.

Her mind fuzzy and clouded like the stormy skies roaring above Inazuma.

She heard the citizens below. Rumours and chips of news of their guardian god having fallen in battle or something...

The same mortals that dealt him a fatal blow.

"...Looks like it is time for Raiden Shogun to take ove-"

"Shogun-sama, are you alright?" Ei flinched as her hand in an instant reached her chest.

"S-Sara..." Dazed and unfocused, Ei looked away.

"...Shogun-sama, are the rumours true?" Kujou Sara's question left Ei flinching in response, which was all she needed to know...

Being a devout believer and supporter of the Shogun, Sara knew the closeness between her and Lord Y/N.

It did not help that Lord Y/N was a idolised figure in her head, despite the heavy treatment she'd received during the Yashiori Campaign, Sara knew that he only scared her...

What worried her more was the state of the Archon, she may just snap at any moment, the shogun looked so vulnerable, just like Inazuma in it's current predicament.

'If nothing is done, Inazuma might just go back to its former police state.' Sighing internally, Sara quietly sat next to her Shogun.

"Shogun-sama, are you... okay?" Speaking hesitantly, Kujou Sara bowed lightly at the goddess.

"...why do you ask that?" Looking up, she saw the Shogun's dulled eyes boring into hers, Sara gulped.

"I apologize for my insolence."

Ei hummed in response, wrapping her arms around her knees.

"There's no point... Perhaps it is time to select a new candidate..." Mumbling the last bit to herself, The shogun closed her eyes.

"..."

"You can leave if you want to" Sara heard Ei grumble from her light rest and stood up to leave.

"...actually... You can stay for a while..."

"Understood." Sitting down once again, Sara gazed at the dishevelled goddess.

"Can you... get me some... sweets?"

"Understood."

••••

No update today. I'll most likely start posting chapters on a regular by tomorrow.