Chapter 17

"Baa-"

"Call me Ei..." Unable to make any sentences, Y/N simply nodded to which the shogun smiled lightly.

"Why the sudden change though?" He asked curiously, hands combing her purple tresses.

"Baal was... the name of the entity known as the Raiden Shogun. Ei is my name, and I wish that the person who holds my... affection... Calls me by it..."

"Was that a confession?"

"Perhaps? We have already gone so far after all." Groaning at the pressure released from her head, Ei let out soft sighs in relaxation...

The shogun hummed in satisfaction, her eyes shut with lips curling upwards, clearly enjoying the moment.

"You have some pretty long hair." Y/N commented absentmindedly, the comb moving along her hair smoothly.

"Do you dislike it?" She hummed curiously, eyes opening lightly.

"No, It's actually quite the opposite..." Y/N's thoughts derailed, remembering a certain goddess from before the archon war.

"Why did you stop?" Ei grumbled, nudging his still hand with a nod of her head.

"Sorry sorry, geez... Ei, you are such an attention seeker." Y/N smirked darkly. His hands still combing her hair.

Scoffing at that statement, the Inazuma Bakufu turned to him.

"I only seek for your attention."

"Aww you big ba-"

"Finish that sentence and your head will be flying." She hissed, grunting as his hands coiled around her waist.

"Very scary..." Y/N shivered dramatically as Ei nodded at his reaction.

"I'm still the shogun after all." Her prideful voice left Y/N unimpressed...

"...I was being sarcastic."

"Oh."

••••

After an intense standoff between the sixth Fatui harbinger, Aether and Paimon readied themselves for a potential conflict in a haze filled room, oddly enough, this purple mist seemed to never end and continued permeating into the room's atmosphere.

"I don't see anything wrong here, the more incompetent they are, the more determined they are to fight it, it's honestly such a farce, you need to see the funny side a bit more!" Scaramouche chuckled disdainfully, his eyes glinting ominously as he smiled at Aether.

"Don't you dare... mock Teppei..." Aether snarled, his body ready to plunge at the man...

It did not take long for Aether to realise that something was off as dropped the sword on hand and hunched over, grasping at his body.

'Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate' Aether grabbed a fistful of his hair, eyes shut tightly

"Haha, that's it, just like that! Embrace the anger... Embrace it!" Pausing for a split second, Scaramouche opened his arms dramatically.

"Did you know? The wrath of the gods fills this factory, and unfortunately for you... it feeds on your anger!"

"Traveller!"

Aether grunted in pain, dropping to his knees as searing pangs ached in his chest, his eyes widened as the pain intensified.

"Ah!" Spittle sullied the floor as the mission ended up in a complete failure...

Purple mist now burning his throat every time he breathes.

"Alala... What's wrong?" His sarcastic remarks left Aether confused and in a state of panic.

"Hey! What's going on?!" Paimon cried, nudging the traveller to get up.

"Oi! Get up!"

'I can't... Is it... over for me..?' Aether collapsed, fazing between reality and darkness, faint images of a certain priestess were registered in his mind...

••••

"I knew you were a mistake..." Yae Miko sighed as she strode into the chamber.

Scaramouche grunted at her words before narrowing his eyes.

"Are you here to meddle with the affairs of Snezhnaya, fox priestess?" The shorter man tensed, although he seemed very relaxed.

"Haha, please do not mistake it Mr. Harbinger, I'm just a weak nobody." Yae Miko smiled, her hand rummaging through a tiny pouch.

"Hmm?" Scaramouche opened his eyes widely.

"Ohoh, this is interesting... Are you planning on betraying your master?" The harbinger grinned.

"Oh no, I'm simply trading this for the safety of these two."

"Hahaha, you have a deal."