Chapter Two

E V E L Y N 

When the mailman came. I was anxiously waiting for him at the mailbox. I quickly said "Thank You!" and made a run for my home knowing Trey was there waiting for me. It has been 2 weeks since my exam. Here I was now in the living room with the thick envelope in my hands. Treyvon stood beside me just as excited as I am. He had come home a week later. We ended up spending that Saturday together before he dove right back into work that afternoon. As I continued to find things to occupy my time. Before I knew it. It was the Monday after next.

I took a deep breath as my fingers tore through the paper. " Please. Please. Please.. " I chanted to myself. My heart rate picked up as I unfolded it. I began to scream as I saw the words

Congratulations!.

I damn near passed out as I read my grade. 790 which was damn near a top score. "I did it baby, I did it!" I smiled hard as Trey pulled me in a tight hug. Whispering congrats in my ear. His warm breath tickled me.

I can finally call myself a nurse. The overall journey was worth it. All of it. The tears, the sweat, the times where I wanted to give up. Hell the times I did give up. Was all worth it in the end. I looked up to the ceiling hoping somehow my mother knew. Hoping I made her proud of me. I would do anything just to see her smile.

Wrapping my arms around his neck. I pulled him down for a kiss. It deepened as I moaned in his mouth. I needed this. I needed him. He began to pull away. But I held his neck in place making it harder for him to move. "Can we? " I said against his lips. Deep down I got the feeling he didn't want to. Yet he pulled away just enough to say yes. We never had sex outside the bedroom so I already knew to let him go so we can head there. While I took off my clothes he grabbed a condom from the nightstand.

Taking it upon myself. I went ahead and laid down on my back. The only thing he ever did was missionary. To him, any other way was taboo. Watching him with lazy eyes. The bed dipped as he crawled in between my legs. I gently ran my hands over his chest. Enjoying the feel of him under my fingertips. Trey had a nice body. He wasn't extremely ripped but he had a little something. Wasn't too much. Wasn't too little.

He began rubbing himself on me to get me wet. Which it did instantly.

The tip hurt as he slipped it in. I winced in pain. With his head nested in my neck. He began to stroke. Slow at first then speeded up after a few seconds. I held my mouth open in pleasure. With my eyes closed enjoying this. " Yes. " I moaned softly. As soon as I was getting into it. His body shook and came. His bodyweight dropped right on me. I could feel his heart beating hard in his chest. He then rolled off, slid the condom off, and tossed it in the trash. This is the shit that makes me feel defeated. Did I just wait a month for 5 minutes? I rolled over, holding in my tears.

Not long afterward his snores could be heard around our room.

At this exact moment. I was fed up with his shit.

-----

After receiving my scores. My residency ended at my job. The crew was sad to see me go. Especially Sadie who was just as excited as I was when she saw my grade. My supervisor had written me a letter of recommendation months ago. When I got it I went ahead and applied for jobs. I was grateful when a small 4 story Pediatrics Hospital that was closer to home called me. The lady told me as soon as I finished up my residency she had a spot open for me. So I took it.