Chapter Twelve

E V E L Y N 

It took all of my strength to carry myself up to my abandoned home. Twisting the doorknob, I walked inside to a clean house. It had looked like I had been here all this time. I tossed my keys on the counter as I went into the open kitchen to retrieve a bottle of unopened wine from my fridge. For the first time in a while. My heart was actually broken.

Hell, It was damaged when I first met his stupid ass but he was the one who slowly put the pieces together.

With shaky hands I popped the cork, throwing it across the room. Without thinking twice I brought the cold bottle to my lips and chugged. This was a sweet wine so I had no problem damn near drinking the whole thing in one go.

After setting it down, I placed my hands on the counter trying to catch my breath. The adrenaline finally slowed allowing me to feel everything. My fist burned from the minor cuts and bruises. The rush of memories bombarded my brain. The shit gave me a full-blown headache at this point. But I wiped the last remaining tears from my eyes with my thumb.

I refuse to give this situation all of my energy. It is practically my fault anyways that I think about it. Even though we didn't have a title. He told me he couldn't give me what I needed. Like a dumbass, I fell for him. Hard. I walked to my room. Locking myself in as I decided to take a hot shower.

It helps to a certain extent. The boiling water burned as it ran over my skin. Turning me red almost immediately. Not only that, I scrubbed my body until it felt raw. But no matter what. I couldn't wash off his kisses. Or the circles he drew on my thighs as we talked shit. Of the fingerprints that felt molded on my hips from him giving me deep long strokes from the back.

He really fucked my mind up.

I sighed with annoyance finally giving up trying to get rid of him. Since I had no plans. I took my time getting dried and dressed in something comfortable. When I looked at the reflection of my mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. The laugh that escaped my lips scared me. " You one dumbass girl," I said to myself as I walked out of the bathroom.

I stood at the dresser as I looked for my headscarf so I could pull my hair up. From the corner of my eye, I could see my phone light up from on my bed. Grabbing the scarf, I closed the drawer as I worked my magic on this nest of mine.

My phone lit up again.

I walked over to pick it up, Having a feeling of who it might be

He had been blowing my phone up for the last 15 minutes. I was just about to lock the phone again when he called again. The phone rang in my hand. As bad as I wanted to use him as my comfort. He was the one who hurt me. I'll be damned if I go running to his arms.