Chapter Seven

KHALAN

Screams could be heard from the apartment as he stepped from the elevator. " Fuck! " Khalan untucked his gun from his waistband. He had planned to not go in here all crazy. But from what he hear right now. Evelyn could be in danger. Khalan didn't bother knocking. He shot the door knob off in one try. Once it fell to the floor he kicked the door in.

Who he assumed was trey was standing over Evelyn. " What did I do?! " He cried. As bad as Khalan wanted to shoot this nigga. Getting his woman to the hospital was top priority. His heart sunk at the sight of her body laying in a pool of blood.

"I-I called 911. T-they should be here soon. " Khalan looked back at Trey with so much hatred. His body went flying as Khalan punched him in his face. " If she looses yall baby nigga I swear for god. "

Trey held his arms out . " Its - its your child. If you who she been sleeping with. Its your child man. " That stopped Khalan in his tracks. He stepped back as trey coughed up blood. Paramedics rushed into the apartment. Not knowing who to attend to first. Khalan pointed towards Evelyn.

He was lost for words as he watched them carry her body away. " Funny seeing you here Mr. Thomas " Khalan smacked his teeth. It was the fucking detective from the shootout.  " It seems that you are always somewhere close when trouble is around. " He shook his head in disappointment. "This doesn't look good on your behalf at all. "

Khalan chest heaved up in down as he tried to control his anger. " Funny how you come in here automatically suspecting me when it was this corny ass nigga who put his hands on the woman you passed by on a stretcher. "

The detective looked between Khalan and Trey. " Why is he bruised then? "

Khalan looked at Trey daring him to say some shit. " Uh. It was me m-me all of it w-was me. " The detective sized Khalan up and down once more. Then turned to Trey reading him his Miranda Rights  as he cuffed him up. Khalan rolled his eyes.

When the detective finally left with Trey in the backseat of his car. Khalan headed in the opposite direction to the hospital. The whole ride there he was angry. First, he was going to check on his woman but once he know she was okay. She got some fucking explaining to do. All this time had been asking her was that his child. Evelyn looked him in his face and told him no. Khalan got so many questions running through his head. But shoved them to the back of his mind when he stepped inside the emergency room.

" Evelyn Stevens " Khalan watched impatiently as the nurse behind the reception desk typed away on her computer. The woman glanced back up at him, then back at the screen. " Room 452 " He nodded and jogged towards the elevator. Maneuvering past the people who were stepping off.

He scanned the small numbers beside each door until he got to hers. The door was open inside a doctor was writing on a clipboard. Khalan walked up beside him as he folded the papers back to the front. " Family? " The man asked stepping off to check the machines.

" Yeah, you can say that. What's going on with her. She go be alright?" Khalan watched her bandaged body slowly rise and fall. The doctor started to adjust an IV. " Yeah, but the baby has to do an emergency c-section. Being that she is only 7 months. The baby would be considered premature. That on top of Ms. Stevens's bruises the child may need to be incubated for the remainder of the term. "

He nodded his head in understanding. Evelyn has a broken ankle, a broken arm, sprained ribs, and a swollen eye. Khalan regretted not killing that nigga on site. The doctor left for about 30 minutes and returned taking Evelyn to labor and delivery. As he waited in the waiting room. He called Sadie to fill her in. Luckily the girls were through partying and were now watching movies with my auntie. Chase told him that they would be there soon.

Khalan paced back and forth until he heard chase and Sade talking to each other quietly. He looked up at her. She had been crying. Which was what he expected. A part of him knew that Sade knew what was going on. That she knew that it was his seed.

" Any news? " She asked sitting down in a chair. Khalan shook his head before asking. " You knew that was my child the whole time? " Sade looked at him then to the floor. Chase watched and waited for an answer as well. She nodded her head yes.

Chase scoffed and shook his head looking away from her. " I-i told her to tell you Khalan. Since she found out. I begged her to come clean but she chose not to. I- Im so sorry." As bad as he wanted to be mad at her. He could understand. It wasn't Sade responsibility to tell him. Evelyn is a grown-ass woman at the end of the day.

Sade excused herself to call Evelyn's dad. She figured he would want to know. Khalan could tell Chase was a little disappointed in Sade but Khalan told him not to be. It wasn't her place. They sat down and talked for a minute about what he had walked in on.

He also filled him in on that damn detective sniffing around. Ready to blame him for this shit. Sade had returned so he shifted the conversation to Trey. How he was crying and shit. She asked was he arrested, which he was. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Let her tell it. It wasn't the Trey she knew.

" Family for Stevens? " Khalan looked up from his phone that he got on to pass some time. They stood up. Waiting for the news. " First and foremost Evelyn is stable. The C-section went by fine. We had run into some complications after the baby was removed. We had to give her an hysterectomy. She will no longer be able to have any more kids. Once the procedure finished. We hooked her up to the proper medication to help heal her bruises. She is now up and waiting to see you all. Just be careful Evelyn may be a little groggy.  Oh by the way. Congratulations, it's a boy.. "

__