Chapter One

Short Note: Imma try book two in third person POV. To give me more range with details.

( Quick A/N: I own no rights to this photo

( Quick A/N: I own no rights to this photo. All rights reserved to the original photographer. I put a heart on the woman's face because this is an Ideal photo shoot. No disrespect to her )

E V E L Y N

Evelyn took the photos out of the gold envelope, more than ready to see how the maternity shoot went. " Wow," She said gasping at this first picture. Six months looked so good on her body. Evelyn's biggest fear was that she would look fat. But the way the dress flowed around her effortlessly made Evelyn more than happy with the results. When her belly started to show more.  She massaged stretch mark cream on her belly every day. Even though they are normal. Evelyn wanted to fight them if she could.

Trey took the extra pictures from Evelyn's hand to see for himself. " You look damn good baby " He kissed her forehead as he walked back to the counter to get the frames they had just purchased. He took the back out of it and slid their photo inside. Once he had the back on. He went and sat it on the décor table. " You ready to eat? "

" Yes. I'm starving. " She made herself comfortable on the couch as she calmly separated the remaining photos. Putting them in envelopes so they could be sent to family members. Evelyn had already put different addresses on them. So all she had to do was slide them in and lick the back. She flipped the last one over. This one was going to her dad back in California.

Evelyn had missed him. They haven't talked in a while. Last time they did. He asked her did she do what needed to be done. Evelyn tried to explain to him that she could never find the right time. She could tell he was a little frustrated with her. " Don't make me fly out there Evelyn. " He scolded his daughter. It hurt him to see his only baby going through something that could easily be dealt with. But she knew she promised him though. Promise to get this shit right once and for all.

She just couldn't.

Come to find out Trey's father got hospitalized during some activity they were doing. Climbing some hill on a trail at their state park. Once his dad was cleared. His job called and told him to prepare to be sent out in a few weeks. Another month at the most. He tried to get out of it. But they are pushing him to work. He told them the only way he would go now. Is if he could spend the first few months home when the baby gets here. He even went so far as to threaten him quitting if he missed my birth.

So they rushed and did a virtual baby shower with their immediate family. A simple zoom call with all of them in it. Her father was present for his daughter's support. His mom still talked shit to Evelyn each time she could. Not once did trey defend me.  But her father did. He put that shit to rest quickly. Once all the bickering stopped. Evelyn's father called Trey out as well for being weak. That his daughter should be respected. Evelyn could see he was pissed so she told him that she would call him later. Things seemed to go by like a blur from that day. Gifts came in from all over. One even came unnamed. She had a feeling it came from you know who.