Chapter Fourteen

E V E L Y N 

  I impatiently tapped my foot with my arms across my chest. Fighting the feeling to throw up right then and there. " Can you get Sade for me? ". I asked rolling my eye not wanting to deal with his ass right now. He looked so damn good standing there. Over time Khalan became a literal drug to me. Flashes of us having sex all over his room flooded my brain. I jumped when he cleared his throat, gaining my attention to the situation at hand.

" Damn shorty. I ain't sleep with you. Yo moms ain't never told you to speak when we come to somebody shit -" As soon as those words left his lips. He tried to backtrack and apologize. I shook my head with tears in my eyes. He knew my mom died giving birth to me. So for him to even bring her up was yet another slap in my face. Once again the regret settled in for telling him shit about me in the first place.

I pushed past him. Not wanting to hear another word.

Khalan reached out and grabbed my wrist causing small sparks to flow up my arm. I shivered and snatched away. " Fuck off. " I said with so much venom in my voice. He let me walk up the steps to search for my friend in peace. Watching me jog up the all too familiar steps.

" SADE! " I screamed with my hands around my mouth forming a horn. In all my time being in here. I had never come to their side of the house. I knocked on each door hoping she would answer. I was at the next to the last one when a door at the end of the hall swung open.

" Little Mike Tyson " I heard chase say. He had on a casual outfit like he always did. A small smile came to my lips. His arms stretched out to give me a side hug.

When it came down to it. I never hugged him facing forward. That was disrespectful in my eyes. He rubbed my shoulder as I pulled away. " Im so sorry for my jackass of a friend. " He said with a low voice. Overtime. Me and chase formed something of a brother/sister relationship. He was the one who kept everyone laughing when we were all together. So many moments would have been dull without him around.

We didn't text each other or talk all day every day. But I knew he would always be a good friend. "Where Sade? " I asked changing the subject.

" I just put that ass to sleep. Ha, ass been acting up - " he began to ramble on. I laughed and waved him off.

" Please spare me the details. "

He chuckled at me. "I'll wake her up. For you to show up here it must be important. "

I nodded my head yes. When he turned to leave I told him I would be waiting downstairs. So, here I was on the chair, in the same spot that I sat on. The very first morning I was here. The nostalgia of it all was making me sick. It was quiet for the most part. That was short-lived though.

" Evelyn " Khalan said, calling out my full name for the first time. I watched him as he walked over to the opposite chair. He sat down laying back with his arms stretched back over his forehead. " First of all. I apologize for bringing ya moms up. I was way out of line for that shit."

I scoffed rolling my eyes at him. I wanted to scream fuck you and your apology. But I bit my tongue not wanting to fight. A part of me wanted to let this shit go. Forget all this shit happened and crawl on his lap. " Yeah. " I said, dismissing him and my urges. We are not meant to be.

It was an awkward silence before he spoke up. " You look different, " Khalan said out of nowhere.

" Oh. Please stop, I'm not in the mood for your jokes and shit. " When I glanced back over to where he was sitting. He was now sat up, running through his beard.

He leaned forward, placing his elbows on his knees studying me. " No. No funny shit. Ya cheeks look fuller. and ya hips done spreaded ."

" How would you know?" I asked out of curiosity. Did he think I was pregnant too? As soon as he opened his mouth Sade walked in dressed with her wallet in hand. She looked between the two of us. Then down at me. " You ready?"

" Y-yeah. " I cleared my throat as I stood from the sofa.

I had left Khalan's house 45 minutes ago. Riding around with a lump in my throat. Sade patiently waited on me to spill what was on my mind. She watched the skyscrapers pass by as we sped through traffic. I turned on my signal light into the parking lot of a dollar store all the way across town. Luckily I found a spot right in front of the door. Just as an old woman and a young child who I guess was her grandbaby came out. Walking towards the apartments across the street.

I sighed. " I-I , well T-trey thinks I'm pregnant.. " Her eyes went wide as I caught her up on these two weeks. " Right before you walked in the living room. Khalan made a comment that make me feel like he suspects that I am as well. "

" Oh fuck, Evie. " she paused for a minute. " Imma be a Tee-Tee! " Sade clapped her hands excitedly.

We shared a laugh. " It seems like everyone excited except for me. Sadie, If this test comes back positive. Im fucked. "

____

After I purchased the cheap test. She told me she would drive back to the house. When we arrived there. Khalan was nowhere to be found. I was grateful when she kicked chase out so we could have some privacy. Their room was the exact same layout as Khalan's but instead of all black.

Chase's decorations were all white. With hints of green. Which was shocking to me. " You remodeled the room?" I asked as I looked around.

" No. It's his favorite color. He would have a complete tantrum if it isn't a Pure White." I pictured one of his tantrums in my mind and laughed. " So I left it the way it was. Only adding the little green decorations."

" Oh okay then. I figured you were the one who wanted all this white in here. But, I'll be right back." I hugged the plastic bag tight as I headed towards the bathroom. Which was white as well. I unrolled it letting all 5 tests fall into the sink. Somehow some way. I had enough urine to put on each stick. I turned away as the strip turned pink. I shook my hands and rubbed them down my thighs. Taking uneven breathes of air. I squatted as my mind began to overthink.

A knock brought me back to earth out of my racing thoughts. " Evie? " Sadie said from right outside the door. I stood up to open it. She walked in shutting it behind her. " So? "

" I haven't looked. I-I can't l-look." She walked behind me to the counter. Thank god I put the caps back on it cause she picked one of them up in her hand. " Sadie, I think imma pass out." I began to ramble about random shit as time passed.

" Relax," She said. I took a couple of deep breathes as I waited.

______

______

She turned around with it a straight face. " They all are positive."

-------

Yall use ya imagination with the finger tip okay lml?